Sup metal heads of Sup Forums whats your personal favorite iron maiden song? mines the nomad

sup metal heads of Sup Forums whats your personal favorite iron maiden song? mines the nomad

youtube.com/watch?v=u5Xe4EvTN_U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZYPPCSwGqk
youtube.com/watch?v=71TJitXU8Z0
youtube.com/watch?v=p32b5nNq1zw
youtube.com/watch?v=4n9URhM_e50
youtube.com/watch?v=loNv0yB5Bqs
youtube.com/watch?v=V4U07_4rvbM
youtube.com/watch?v=y98-ksHnjE4
youtu.be/V4U07_4rvbM?t=2m55s
theindustryobserver.com.au/iron-maiden-slam-illegal-music-downloaders/
youtube.com/watch?v=o8p4raXEQLU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ij99dud8-0A
youtube.com/watch?v=hF9Gr5waAJg
youtube.com/watch?v=ntCvNZhA8xs
youtube.com/watch?v=CY-l0kCLh5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Changes from time to time, but lately I like "Sun and Steel"

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Either
>Ghost of the Navigator
>Running Free
>The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
>Flash of the Blade
Hard to choose, so many good ones.

yeah it was hard to boil it down to the nomad phantom on the opera is next on the list. what would you recommend since im a noob maiden listener?

Children of the Damned or Paschendale.

doesn't matter, they are all the same

Aces high

no u

Dance of Death

Check out the cover of hallowed be the name by machine head. So fuckin good

but they are. Every song consists of a guitar harmony in a folk-celcitc sounding scale, a one-string solo and galloping with power chords

It's a tie

>'the trooper'
>'aces high'

'flight of iccarus' honerable mention

He didn't say Metallica!

Powerslave. I also really like the trooper and fear of the dark.

That's not by metallica, it's by hootie n th blowjob fish

Iron Maiden or remember tomorrow

>Picking a New Maiden song.
It's hard for me to choose, but right now it's probably either Remember Tomorrow or Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Remember Tomorrow --
youtube.com/watch?v=OZYPPCSwGqk

Hallowed Be Thy Name -- youtube.com/watch?v=71TJitXU8Z0

There is only one true answer......

youtube.com/watch?v=p32b5nNq1zw

A better question is what their best album is (pic related). Really, anything before 7th Son is fantastic. There are some albums after it that aren't bad, but nothing that comes close to their classic stuff.

killers
invaders
rime of the ancient mariner
not a huge fan tbph, but i do like them

>doesn't matter, they are all the same
It's true. I literally can't tell the difference between youtube.com/watch?v=4n9URhM_e50 and youtube.com/watch?v=loNv0yB5Bqs

The loneliness of the long distance runner

anything off the first 2 albums,
never liked Bruce, he's a pantomime dame who treats music like sport.
Paul was a natural bluesy honest singer, he's fucked now but his vocals on those first 2 albums and shows utterly own anything Bruce could do.
I remember wondering why the album version of Live after death was so cringey to listen to without watching and its Bruce's awful cod operatic singing , without the visuals he's a poor singer.

>invaders
I really like Invaders (despite the cheesy bugle charge riff) but I never see it get any love. Whenever it comes on it makes me want to jump around the room. Killers is also a great pick. Not a huge fan of Rime though. It's not bad, but it doesn't measure up to other epic songs, like To Tame a Land and Alexander the Great.

Two for Loneliness? I'm surprised. I'm a big fan of the constant gallop of the song, but I've never heard anybody else single it out.

I agree but times changes and once they got into there groove they stayed in it.

now i dont know too much of their stuff but ever sicne vice city, two minuts to midnight got this special place in my heart

>implying it's possible to have one
Maybe Purgatory? But Running free, blood brothers, the pilgrim, hollowed be thy name, killer, fear of the dark (live), the clansman, and futureal, are all favorites

When the wild wind blows

Never understood the love for Purgatory. It bores me.

Wow really noone else besides this user for The Trooper?

It's a fucking classic

I'm also partial to Run To The Hills, but honestly I'm not that good a judge because I haven't heard their discography

bland, isn't it

is pretty good

>what would you recommend since im a noob maiden listener?
The songs posted in are great. Also, Powerslave and The Trooper, like says, are awesome (though I disagree on Fear of the Dark, which is middling at best).

youtube.com/watch?v=V4U07_4rvbM
youtube.com/watch?v=y98-ksHnjE4

sauce on pic related? anyone got a link?

>Wow really noone else besides this user for The Trooper?
Other than and now ?

Gotta go with Empire of the Clouds, but that's probably because I like classic too

>I'm also partial to Run To The Hills
I used to hate it, then I realized that I only hate parts of it while loving the rest. I hate the cheesy intro and I'm not a big fan of the refrain, but everything else is golden.

Greatest band ever!

'Bruce Dickinson' and 'poor singer' don't belong anywhere near each other. I respect Di'anno but Dickinson is a great vocalist. Stop being a faggot.

cant decide between the infantryman, eleven past fifty eight and apprehension of the night

Shit i didn't know this many people loved Loneliness super underrated imo

go fast to the mountains is pretty neat too

22 Acacia Avenue doooooooodd duh

Between Purgatory, Drifter and Twilight Zone, the end of that album has a bit of weak finish, broken only by the praiseworthy Prodigal Son.

Yep. Track 12 from the album "Killers"

>Shit i didn't know this many people loved Loneliness super underrated imo
Underrated song on an underrated album. It's admittedly not my very favorite of theirs, but I quite like it and I think it has a gestalt that's greater than any of the song it. Of all their albums, it does the best at setting an overall mood that each songs builds on.

No, I explained my point very clearly, you just retorted with pish.

I mean ok, I should read more carefully before I post I guess
Damn. Well to each his own I guess, glad you like parts of it

Go eat a bag of Paul’s dickjuice.
Bruce is the front man of arguably the most successful metal band of the last 35 years, and it wasn’t successful because of Paul.

BD's singing on live after death and in fact the majority of their live shit is laughable, vibrato warbling and either flat as fuck or sharp as fuck.

Seriously. Go eat a dick.

You’re gay as fuck

I said he was a better singer and i prefer PD anytime over anything that BD has ever done.
Everything after the first 2 albums is a laughing stock of nonsense, up to that point they were fucking tight. I liked Burr Stratton and Dianno, hate me all you want but you can keep all the other replacements as they were not as as good. Im old enough to remember when Maiden was maiden. Faggots.

Rock in rio version of Sign of the Cross with Bruce singing is my favorite.

samefag lol @you

This or Rime of the ancient mariner

Prowler

Infinite Dreams

Number of the beast.

I love both Di'Anno and Dickinson and think both fit their eras. Di'Anno's rawer, more energetic style is perfect for their earlier music while Dickinson's smoother style is perfect for their later, more polished sound. If I had the ability to switch them out, I'd probably take one more Di'Anno album, but only because there are fewer of them. That'd be a rough choice though, as I'm trying to imagine Hallowed Be Thy Name without Dickinson's vocals.

2 minutes to midnight

Hating Dickinson means you missed out on so many good Maiden albums. A damn shame.

Who knew that Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner had such a fan base?

The fucking solo in Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is pretty wicked

Damn near everything from Somewhere In Time is great listening

It's hard to beat the break-it-down bass bit in the middle of Powerslave (skip to 2:55) -- youtu.be/V4U07_4rvbM?t=2m55s

Bruce morphing into Lars.
theindustryobserver.com.au/iron-maiden-slam-illegal-music-downloaders/

This. That main riff gets me so fucking pumped.

Fuck you

Die With Your Boots On is a song on the level with The Trooper that never gets its due. It's actually the thing that made me buy the album. I heard it and said "I've gotta get that!"

This was my fav album, as well as the tour.

I have to agree with most everyone in this thread. I think Iron Maiden has had as much impact on music as Zeppelin or Sabbath or (insert super group)

That's one of those songs I'd like to hear without the vocals, like Quest for Fire.

>That's one of those songs I'd like to hear without the vocals, like Quest for Fire.
Ow. That harsh. I have no issue with the vocals on Die With Your Boots On, while Quest for Fire is an abomination and easily my least favorite classic Maiden song.

Too hard to choose, so here's an import I have

Boots is okay, and yeah Quest is not my fav at all, but I was saying without the vocals it would be much better. Still Life and To Tame a Land are actually my favs on Piece of Mind.

The Wicker Man is pretty cool, love Infinite Dreams from Seven Son.
Rock In Rio 2001 best live of all time though

Dude I was a fan of both as youngster but now I would never leave a BD track on as he is a turn off with all the points I've made earlier but he PD stuff stands the test of time. Even dave Murray has bent a note in tunes in his life.

>Still Life and To Tame a Land are actually my favs on Piece of Mind.
To Tame a Land is fantastic and is in my rotating short list of favorite Maiden Songs. Still Life is good but lacks the little something needed to put it over the top, in my opinion. As for Boots, I will admit that there are some songs where the singing turns me off, but this isn't one of them. If anything, I think the singing is a bonus.

Hmm, I don't really have a favorite (it's been too long). I'll say Dreams of Mirrors, because it's the one that returns to bother me most often, and El Dorado. Also Can I Play With Madness, because when I was younger I'd imagine different insane characters from books giving it a live performance

/even if dave murray has NEVER bent a note in tune in his life.

Biggest disappointment in terms of songs that have so much wasted potential?

For me it's Back in the Village. I fucking love the opening of that song -- it has so much energy -- but the vocals are mediocre (and the refrain is downright weak) and the song gets stuck in a rut.

youtube.com/watch?v=o8p4raXEQLU

Wasted Years

Enter Sandman
youtube.com/watch?v=hF9Gr5waAJg

Yeah, that's... Pretty terrible. I hope there's a good cover out there somewhere

>I hope there's a good cover out there somewhere
Well... there's *a* cover of it, anyway...
youtube.com/watch?v=ntCvNZhA8xs

Judas Be My Guide all day erry day
youtube.com/watch?v=CY-l0kCLh5Q

does anyone have the link to pic related?

Ew. Worst song on an album that, while it's not too shabby overall, is certainly not one of their best.

This

too bad you feel that way
i really like fear of the dark, its so in your fucking face and judas is just fucking high tempo and force beginning to end

What about all those Wasted Years ?

fucking beautiful one of "those" songs that give me crazy feels

>i really like fear of the dark
It has its moments, but both it and No Prayer for the Dying feel to me like poppy derivatives that can't quite capture the magic of their earlier albums (with the possible exception of Run Silent Run Deep). Judas just seems saccharine to me, or at least the refrain does.

>6666
>666
well yeah its not much compared to the oldies (never could get into the di´anno ones though)
but Fear just stuck with me for some reason... then again i´ll listen to anything maiden with a fucking passion for hours on end if i can so theres that

fucking checked
youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM