Fantasy

Hey Sup Forums. Oldfag here, been here since winter 2014. How about if we have a good old-fashioned fantasy movie/tv thread?

What are your favorite works? What unadapted stuff do you want to see in the future? What's your dream fantasy adaptation?

Wheel of Time faggots stay the fuck out of my thread, thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0reHLHGyQnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>oldfag
>only two(2) years here

My first thread here on Sup Forums, eight years ago mind you, was about pic related. I loved it and I wish there were more like it.

>eight years ago
lol yeah sure buddy.

Lies aside, Ralph Bakshi is a personal hero of mine. Coonskin is my favorite movie and the best parts of LotR were ripped off from Bakshi's version (indisputably)

>this male is not sexualized, its a "power" fantasy
>men are never depicted in bikini armor

I find this image problematic.

I wish these kinds of movies would make a comback.

>tfw there will never be a masters of the universe 2

>2 years ago
>Oldfag

Please lurk more you insufferable newfag.

When the fuck are the Weitz brothers gonna make the Elric movie?

Last time they mentioned it was in 2012

>this butthurt that someone has a bigger e-peen than you

>white skin
>white hair

SJWs happened.

>accidentally jabbing Izchak with Stormbringer
bad times man

Oldfag here, just arrived. What's an e-peen?

I think taking another shot at The Beast Master would be a good move.
As for unadapted.
I was a big fan of the Dragon Lance books when I was a kid. I'd prefer a try at a series more so than a movie.

Did you see the Dragons of Autumn Twilight animated movie with Jack Bauer as Raistlin?

Animation was complete shit, but I still kinda liked it

Especially with how awful the Dragonlance movie ended up being. I mean, how do you fuck up with Keifer Sutherland, Lucy Lawless, Phil LaMarr, Michelle Trachtenberg and Michael Rosenbaum headlining your movie?

...spending all your budget on voice actors instead of production?

I still kinda liked it though, qua motion comic or radio play.

ANIMATED MOVIE
WHUH!?!

youtube.com/watch?v=0reHLHGyQnM

enjoy

Dragonslayer, much better dragon than the hobbit
Excalibur, with patrick stewart and helen mirren's titties

>best parts of lotr were ripped off from bakshi
the scene with the black riders on the road was shot for shot bakshi's scene

Oh dear Lord

Speaking of D&D adaptations, has anyone else seen made for TV/direct to DVD movies Wrath of the Dragon God or The Book of Vile Darkness?

well its pretty much the visual quality equivalent of the dragonlance books I'd say

>shitty adaptation of Dragonlance
>shitty adaptation of Sword of Truth
>shitty adaptation of Shannara
Where's my shitty adaptations of Xanth and Myth?

>Oldfag here, been here since winter 2014.
>Oldfag

Shitposting with Abatap is the least I expect from an oldfag, everything else is summercum.

I watched Ladyhawke recently. its a good fantasy film but the disco soundtrack kinda spoils it.

this needs a remixed soundtrack badly.

>too new to know when you're being trolled
Also, there's this gem. Not even pot made it watchable

You should watch Flesh and Blood (Paul Verhoeven, 1985), I think you would enjoy it

That movie is so fucking great

Rewatching Flesh+Blood as soon as I'm done rewatching Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Pretty good weekend so far

A really underrated but great, fun and even comfy film. Just the early modern fighting and ambient make it great

try Mythica. now Lord of the Rings this isnt but its ok in a "Legend of thje Seeker" kind of way. its got Hercules in it, theres 5 movies.

>What's your dream fantasy adaptation?

that's a lot of fortresses

yep

thanks did not know this existed

I was never big on the Conan movie. I can't dig how slow and stop-starty it feels.

I personally think that a Tales of the Dying Earth adaption would be incredible. Only you'd need a real top-shelf visionary in charge to pull it off. Production values like David Lynch's 'Dune' would really be something worth seeing.