>struggle to watch it, really garbage, but finish it
>watch the third
>drop the marathon

Fuck, these movies aged like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tW3Z0aH1zak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's bad about the later ones?

I've only seen the first three but I really liked them all.

Wait till you get to number six.
>You're suffering will be legendary.

Yeah, but no one ever told me it would be from the low quality of this franchise.

2 was tolerable and after that, don't bother with the later ones

the story isn't quite there in hellbound but it's got some cool imagery, it's a worthy sequel.

your mistake was in watching anything past it.

pretty much all the old horror icons went that route
>really great movie
>sequel is alright
>next one is shit
>next 12 sequels are even worse

happened to Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and more recently SAW. Happening now with Paranormal Activity where you just come to expect another sequel every halloween and its usually pretty awful

Hope they don't actually reboot Hellraiser...you would think they'd learn after the Elm Street second reboot bombed

Friday the 13th isn't worth it past the first movie.

No Clive Barker. Shift to make Pinhead an iconic villain. Lower budget.

I don't think Hellraiser is popular enough to reboot. It's at least not on par with Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street in popularity.

Hellraiser 2 is just as good as the first.

You guys do know they already did reboot Hellraiser right?

I always wondered why Frank's voice was so shitty in the first Hellraiser film.

Turns out he's British and they dubbed over his voice with an American accent.

Many of them feel like they were written by TV writers. I don't mean todays talented or interesting TV writers but I'm talking about the mediocre ones from the nineties and early aughts. Like, after part 2 it just feels like I'm watching this kinda weak tv series based on the "Hellraiser" universe where each episode has a premise that might make for an alright half hour but is stretched to an hour and a half.

I got 7 deep into Friday the 13th. Just hearing about Jason Takes Manhattan makes it sound so fucking unappealing to me. I've already seen Jason X so I don't think I'm missing too much.

Who knows if it'll get released
>2006
>we're remaking Hellraiser!
>2010
>we got Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer working on it!
>2013
>Patrick and Todd are out Bob Weinstein is in!
>practical effects instead of CGI
>original cenobytes and original pinhead actors returning
>2016
>no updates at all

I think it's worth it up to the 4th one as long as you stay aware that you're watching a slasher series. Know what you're getting into. The editing gets too fucking annoying after that anyway.

I gave up after 3. Are anything of them worth watching?

>aged like shit

No, everything after the first one was always shit. Well the first half of 2 was really good but it totally drops the ball once the doctor becomes a cenobyte and has some battle between him and the ones from the first movie.

The one showing the story about the inventor of the box was good.

Part 4 is the best in the series and Part 6 is the best parody of the series.

4, actually. 4 is a nice conclusion. 6 has some shitty censoring, but worth watching if you want to see zombie Jason. I really enjoy Jason X as a campy product of 2001. I personally recommend it even though most people shit on it.

It already came out five years ago and was a fucking awful rush job made only so the studio could keep the rights to the franchise.

Juggernaut isn't out yet, you're thinking of Revelations

I will never not be mad at this piece of shit.

I can never forget the part where the dealer kills someone. It perfectly embodies how fucking hard they missed the point.

Over all, I wouldn't really say that it is actually worth most people's time unless you're a die-hard fan. I did like two things however:
1. The reveal at the end, about the space station, is cool. I have decent spatial reasoning and was able to pick up on it early.
2. It was really fun to see a young Adam Scott hamming it up before he got bigger roles.

You need to marathon them out of order.

It goes like this:

Hellraiser 1, 2 and 6: The Kristy saga, it tells a complete story and keeps to the lore and mythos of the Cenobites.

Hellraiser 5, 7 and 8: Mediocre entries that are really more just horror movies that happened to be set in the Hellraiser universe.

Hellraiser 3 and 4: Saturday morning cartoon Hellraiser. Cenobites are now demons who want to take over the world, and also spaceships.

Please watch Hellraiser V, it is legitimately good and probably better than any of the other sequels.

Also if you didn't enjoy the third, you're a pleb that can't embrace prime schlock, but you did good by stopping. I watched them up to Deader (part VII, I think) and couldn't stay awake during it after multiple tries. The next one is a video game and the last one has a fat spic as the recasted Pinhead. There is no reason to continue beyond Hellraiser VI which is already pretty awful.

why did they choose this guy...he has such a babyface

Freddy's Dead is fucking awesome. Fuck you.

Because the movie was such a slapped together piece of shit that even Doug Bradley thought it was a stain on a franchise that had an entry where Pinhead is killing people through an MMO.

That wasn't a reboot was it? I was thinking of Wes Craven's New Nightmare

>Hellraiser 5, 7 and 8: Mediocre entries that are really more just horror movies that happened to be set in the Hellraiser universe.

I assume those are the ones that weren't originally Hellraiser movies. They were just shitty horror movies and somebody up top said FUCK these are unwatchable lets re-shoot a few scenes and add Pinhead for a couple mins and call the movie Hellrasier #whatever. Idiots love Hellrasier.

What did you like about V? I'm legitimately curious.

There was this whole thing about the protag detective being really into solving puzzles but all you ever see him do is play a game of chess, be a detective, and solve the cube. He just fealt really underdeveloped.

It's a solid psychological horror. Bits of him going crazy, having weird visions, Silent Hill type shit. Really neat imagery, clever use of the cenobytes. The scene where he kills his parents with a shotgun is top shelf.

I also like movies with an unlikable protagonist. Not an antihero but a genuinely despicable piece of shit. You're not rooting for him but he's entertaining enough to carry the movie, and it makes his ultimate punishment all the more satisfying. His fascination with puzzles is irrelevant and only established to introduce the lament configuration. His vices and instability are much more interesting.

Really though, compared to the garbage that follows it, it's fucking Citizen Kane.

>we need to be totally original and do something no one else has done
>pinhead is unleashed on Manhattan
>Jason did it
>a new family moves into the house
>Freddy did it
>wait i got it
>pinhead in space
>did Freddy do it?
Freddy didn't do it, neither did Jason
>we're going to be billionaires with this totally original idea!

Yeah, this, all the way. It's amazing what studios can get away with once they own an IP and are inundated with shit scripts.

it's better than sex

the copyright has time limits and the studio needs to make a hellraiser movie before it runs out
this has happened about 8 times

1 and 2 are great. 3, 4, and 8 are bottom of the barrel shit. 5, 6, and 7 take the psychological horror to the max and are pretty good, definitely underrated.

that's Hellraiser IX other dude is talking about Hellraiser X Judgement which was filmed last year and set to be released next year for a budget of about $100k, it was only made so the film rights would stay with Dimension and not revert back to Barker

there is talks Dimension is looking to remake the original film with a large budget, but those rumors have been ongoing for 10 years now.

This is a better Hellraiser film than the sequels.

I like em through IV:Bloodline. After that they have no value.

terrible movie

agreed

terrible post

Thanks. I was considering checking them out, but I'll leave it at the first then.

>Friday the 13th isn't worth it past the first movie.
I'd say only parts 2 and 4 are somewhat worth watching, but the first one is shit and it's certainly the most even saga because it was never good so there was never such a big drop in quality.

But user, with Nightmare on Elm Street both the 3rd and 4th films were better than the 2nd. SAW V was comfy detective kino. Paranormal Activity 3 was much better than 2.

Sup Forums tricked me to watch this shit. Beginning was decent I guess but the rest of it was utter shit.

It's more comedy than horror to top it all.

>Comfy

wat

jesus christ

>watch the third
>drop the marathon

The third is objectively the best one

which was the one with the French toymaker creating the box? That was my favorite. ANGELIQUE. BEAUTY IS THE ESSENCE OF SUFFERING. SUFFERING IS ART.

>He didn't like Jason X

>marathoning Hellraiser movies
There's your first mistake

Is the 4th worth watching or am I being rused?

>1 - awesome
>2 - decent
>3 - shit
>4 - even worse
>5 - unironically the second best in the series
>6 - absolute worst in the series
>7 - only worth watching to see lance hendriksen kill a bunch of stereotypical waste-of-life mid 00's teenagers
>revelations - NOPE

yea 5 was not bad at all, except the lead actor being utter shit

>6 - absolute worst in the series

Is that the MMO one?

Who is the best Cenobite and why is it Chatterer?

That's 7. You should get a medal if you manage to watch 6 for more than 10 minutes.

hmmm wikipedia says the MMO one is 8, 7 is about a cult, and 6 is about a guy cheating on his wife. Not sure which one you're calling 6.

>implying it isn't LEVIATAN

Leviathan isn't a cenobite

technically he was, just an ultra powerful one.

2 good scenes in a feature release , wew lad

even the first one is shit, the only one that comes close to decent is 6 (I think) where they start to poke fun of it

Isn't Leviathan that large object off in the distance in their dimension?

> plebs defending hellraiser 2

he's basically the cenobite god who turns the Doctor (I forget his name) directly into a cenobite with his bare hands

Confirmed for never even watching the movies.
>Nightmare on Elm Street
3 and 7 are almost as good as the first one
>Friday the 13th
Peaked with 4.

There's a stupid edgelord fan teaser of a potential movie 1 remake that really seems to miss the point on youtube.

2>>>everything else is shit

>I don't mean todays talented or interesting TV writers but I'm talking about the mediocre ones from the nineties and early aughts.
> todays talented

I think a reboot would be fine. Hellraiser has always been somewhat lame. The first movie is good but not as great as others say. The weird creature near the end is terrible.

I feel like if it's shit, remake it. That's why Halloween and Nightmare shouldn't have remakes. Those first films (and a few sequels) are just so amazing.

The second one was god tier up until about halfway through.

Why does he look Asian?

as far as Hellraisers I've seen:

3 -> 1 -> 4 -> 2 ->>>> 5

Part 3 and Jason Lives are pretty great.

The rest are kind of on par with each other except for when the rights were sold to New Line and they really garbaged it up with Jason Goes to Hell.

I don't get your hate for 6. It's basically a Silent Hill film before the Silent Hill films.

Elmstreet 3 is superb though. I love it just as much as the original.

youtu.be/tW3Z0aH1zak

>implying Jason X isn't the best movie in the franchise

>he doesn't like the crazy designs in Hellraiser 2

full fuckin pleb, lad.

It is hard to enjoy those sets and effects when the story & dialogue is total trash and makes no sense compared to the first one.

>love hellraiser since the hellbound heart
>has seen all of them, even fat pinhead and hellraiser MMO
I personally enjoyed 1,2, and 6 (Hellseeker). Mostly because Kristi was the tie between them.
Hey OP. Atleast you didnt get to the canon comics where kristi becomes pinheads lover and cenobite

Which is the Hellraiser where Pinhead temporarily regains his humanity and fights another cenobite and dying as a human. I liked that one.

3:Hell on Earth

is there a comfier depiction of hell than in hellraiser 2?

Lmfao@all the fat babbys hating on 2

>Can't appreciate B-horror-kino
Sad really

Also read the book Hellbound Heart, was way better than the movie (read Weaveworld after that).

stunt double was asian

Just watch Lord of illusions and night breed instead

It's just a god.
It's not a cenobite.
Cenobites are humans turned into supernatural beings, Leviathan was never a human.

And his name was Doctor Channard. I know it's hard to remember things when you're a dummy, but I haven't seen Hellbound in like 5 years and I can remember all of this.

Nightbreed is awful and incredibly gay.

t. buttmad autist who just furiously wikipedia'd the movie

You are incredibly gay as well as a pleb

Nope, just not a dummy.

My bad. 7 was so forgettable and awful that I must've repressed memories of its existence. I mean the actual 6, with the car crash. It's unbelievably bad.