Klaus Kinski turned down a role in Raiders of the Lost Ark, describing the script as "moronically shitty"

>Klaus Kinski turned down a role in Raiders of the Lost Ark, describing the script as "moronically shitty".

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=enk9NgIiu00
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did he rape his daughter?

What role?

The Nazi interrogator

>The name of the sadistic Nazi interrogator is never mentioned in the film, but it is Toht, pronounced like Tod, the German word for Death. The role was offered to Klaus Kinski, who writes in his book "Kinski Uncut" that Steven Spielberg offered him a part in this movie, but he turned it down. "[...] as much as I'd like to do a movie with Spielberg, the script is as moronically shitty as so many other flicks of this ilk." Kinski chose to appear in Venom (1981) because the salary was better.

He was just annoyed at being asked to play a nazi and threw a hissyfit as he tended to do.

Riders is literally a perfect film.

Klaus had a background of more serious films like Aguirre, so it 's natural that he was on his high horse and decided to go for the Ol' "Hollywood jews make shit" stand...

Now, was he right? Any one that has seen Raiders can tell you he wasn't, but that mostly depends on how open are you to accept the fact that commercial movies can also have artistic merits.

Almost definitely

>turned down a blockbuster because "the script is as moronically shitty"
>chose to appear in Venom (1981)
>A German terrorist (Klaus Kinski), his gang and hostages are trapped with a deadly snake in a London house.

what a fucking pretentious retard

He was literally an absolute madman who mostly just acted for money

>Of working on Buddy Buddy, an ’81 Billy Wilder movie starring Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau, Kinski writes:

>That piece of Hollywood shit with Billy Wilder is over, thank God. No outsider can imagine the stupidity, blustering, hysteria, authoritarianism, and paralyzing boredom of shooting a flick for Billy Wilder. The so-called “actors” are simply trained poodles who sit up on their hind legs and jump through hoops. I thought the insanity would never stop. But I got a shitload of money.

>At one point the German government informed Kinski that they were bestowing upon him the supreme distinction for an actor, The Gold Film Ribbon. Writes Kinski:

>What gall! Who gave those shitheads the right to award me anything? Did it never occur to them that there might be somebody who doesn’t want their shit? What filthy arrogance to award me—me, of all people!—a prize! What does this prize mean, anyway? Is it a reward? For what? For my pains, sufferings, despair, tears? A prize for every hell, every dying, every resurrection? Prizes for life and death? Prizes for passion, for hate and love? And how did you shitheads intend to hand me the prize? As a gift? As a favor, like those tasteless hosts that the pope distributes like fast food? I’ll kick you! Or do I come submissive, whimpering? I’ll kick you again! And there’s not even a check. It’s outrageous!

I love this man

Any links to Kinski Uncut in English?

He was right. He was meant to more than wacky roles in mediocre blockbusters

sounds like he liked being angry

He was legit insane. Didn't he almost bludgeon Herzog to death on the set of Aguirre?

Yeah, it figures. Thanks a lot, Sup Forums. Helpful as ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=enk9NgIiu00

Holy shit the spirit's gone

I would be pretty scared of Kinski yelling at me like that desu

I'd love to do this. I hate these so-called tv journalists. He just lashed out gratuitously. Not that his diction isn't completely crazy though

Yes.

And didn't he almost kill three screen editors because he didn't get his coffee?

Kinski had such temper tantrums on Aguire that the local natives who were payed as extras and guides secretly offered to kill him to Herzog. Kinski was addicted to rage.

I can't describe it, but his anger is genuine. Like I would genuinely be scared if this was directed at me.

well, to be fair, shit like National Treasure and The Mummy have basically the exact same plot and they are absolute trash. It's not the script that makes the indiana jones movies great.

he was mentally ill.,

We need more insane actors like Kinsky

This safe "method-acting" like DDL and Brando are fake ass attempts at being the role.

Didn't he lock himself or was locked in a bathroom for a few days and tore the place to pieces, almost literally.

klaus literally BTFO by... himself

Crazy people are fun to read about, but people who have to put up with their horseshit in real life just wish they would fuck off. I suspect a lot of people hoped this fucknut would off himself.

didn't herzog bring a gun on set? I guess it was to protect himself from klaus

>grew up in Nazi germany
>grew up during world war 2
>father was abusive

Kinski had PTSD