What's your opinion on Joey Jordison?

what's your opinion on Joey Jordison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUibKh0Z--c
youtube.com/watch?v=1YheqqJjQNw
teamrock.com/news/2016-06-14/joey-jordison-slipknot-illness-unable-to-play-drums
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good drummer

Top drummer of all time

tomas haake.

joey jordison is literally a clown reject, thrown out of a band of clowns.

Pretty good drummer. Short though

that was harsh of me and it's not sitting right. they're decent musicians, but the mask thing, the two guys running samples for no good reason, and the spare drummers doing fuck all were blatant gimmicks and it was fucking retarded lol.

Preferred him in Murderdolls, most of the guys in Slipknots other music shits on the Slipknot stuff.

I like slipknot and Joey, but they didn't have to kick him out. I dont know why the reason was, but at least it wasn't another metallica / megadeth again.

I think he's pretty good but over-hyped.

Me Again but what are your thoughts on him, OP? I think as far as "mainstream" goes people see him as great, but there are a lot of other metal drummers that can produce the same results. Not saying he's bad or anything.

what the hell are you talking about? over hyped lol

slipknot was his claim to fame and they haven't been relevant for over a decade, barring the few weeks after their bassist croaked while everyone paid their respects and went back to forgetting their existence lol.

I'm old and a lot of people at the time they released their albums thought he was great etc, was never really a slipknot fan but I'm saying his name was thrown around to me as a drummer asking if he was "the best drummer ever" etc.

Eugene Victor Hoglan II

mid 20's/early 30's isn't old, you douche lol

Paul Grays death broke him. So he left to start is think Scar the martyr instead. They are pretty sick too.

>youtube.com/watch?v=tUibKh0Z--c
This. That dude is fucking precise and fast at the same time.

Scene fag detected. You even know what a paradiddle is my nigga?

k. that was still over a decade ago, no one is currently hyping a worn out metal band's decrepit ex-drummer lol

slipknot just came out with vol. 3 when i started drum in metal bands. i thought he was the shit. 15 years later i still think he rules. not as good as i used to think but i still thinks a great drummer. best part of it was that he said he never practiced drums on his own.

He's a fine drummer, but there are plenty of better drummers.

Thomas Haake
Gene Hoglan
Francisco Paoli
George Kollias
Fotis Benardo

He had heaps of health issues relating to his back, he left on his own terms with no hard feelings from any members. Apparently some of his final concerts with the band he had to be carried on stage.

you mean like literally every other contemporary metal drummer in circulation right now?

it's kind of part of the job description these days, slick. musicians aren't shy about shedding dead weight and weak links to make room for better and more talented musicians when they start gaining traction. there aren't a lot of death metal drummers that can't do what Jordison did.

OP here. I like him as a drummer, but see him usually doing the same fills and double bass, especially on AHIG. Too over-hyped, but feel bad for him being kicked out over doing drugs when he was actually sick. Also, What are thoughts on Jay Weinberg?

^^^^^ fucking THIS
Vast majority of fuckers can't touch Hoglan

Never said they were, but give me credit I haven't heard his name in a while haha. I understand what you're saying though.

Alright, well not old but a 30 year old douche I guess lol

lol. you're so full of shit. slipknot is no stranger to internal turmoil. you know you can just google this shit rather than make a dumbass out of yourself, right?

Manlet rage

Is that him? Looks like a dumb faggot.

ossy ossbourne? never heard of him

Great list.

Was this guy in John Carpenter's Ghost of Mars?

keep seeing threads about him feeding people poo

>Is that him?
uuuh.. those are his lips i guess.
the rest is leather or something.

... huh?

what the hell lol

Really don't know enough about Jay, I dont listen to Slipknot or anything really. He floated around with good musicians but that can either be good or restrictive as a drummer.

>what's your opinion on Joey Jordison?

He had some decent chops, but he wasn't a "great" drummer, and he played for shit bands.

His Paiste signature cymbals were fucking dogshit.

You like Rudes though, right? please say yes haha.

So if someone is wearing a mask then he or she is no longer that person? Don't be a fucking moron.

>You like Rudes though, right? p

Some of the Rude crashes were actually good. The rides and hats were fucked up bad.

well... you're not wrong. I mostly use Sabian AA-Metal X's but you're right with the Rude crashes.

Just curious (and not trying to hijack Op's post) but do you consider triggers "cheating"? Potential shitstorm I know, but I do use them when playing in metal bands for articulation. You seem to know drums so was just wondering what your thoughts were.

Alex Pelletier aka Alex Grind

youtube.com/watch?v=1YheqqJjQNw

>do you consider triggers "cheating"?

I don't play triggers and never will. They're "cheating" like playing recorded tracks during a live performance is cheating, but a bunch of faggots do it. No respect from me. I don't like drum machines, either.

lol. if you're talking about the way someone looks with only a headshot of someone wearing a full-face mask, you're kinda just talking about the mask.

i think you know what i meant though. i think you just like being a twat. that's cool, don't be a fucking moron tho lol

I get where you're coming from, unfortunately. I usually put a mic in the bass drum port hole and also trigger but mostly do it for that "click" most are used to hearing. Any other genre I dont trigger but i think it makes it a little muddy if I dont.

Nathan* Jordison

Exactly what triggering was invented for. Anyone calling it cheating is just uninformed. Have fun practicing kick patterns for years and then nobody hearing them cause it's all just flubbaflubba to the audience. Triggered kick sounds better for dense metal, period.

Source: I mix the albums you listen to

good drummer
gets more shit than he deserves, imo

cool, you can use wikipedia too.

Joey and Paul were the primary songwriters, and it shows considering Gray Chapter was totally forgettable

Better than many but still overrated.

“After years of both sides being silent and evasive as to the reasons for his leaving the band, Jordison revealed in June 2016 that he suffered from transverse myelitis, a neurological disease which cost him the ability to play the drums toward the end of his time with Slipknot.”
Source - teamrock.com/news/2016-06-14/joey-jordison-slipknot-illness-unable-to-play-drums

What you think of Aaron Rossi??

You know you're all loser betas for even knowing who that is right?

Andy Sixx? I would slurp up that log.

I've seen him live a couple times

I had to google this shit

If you would have told me that the majority of their fanbase wouldn't grow out of this shit and that lots of crap bands woulds till be relevant today I would not have believed you.

ANyone got some faygo woop woop let me save up all my money to see one concert and wear that T-Shirt I got for $55 16 years ago.

I have no idea who he is

used to know him, went to same family events as me. no relation. really nice guy. didnt even know for years he was slipknots drummer.

Shit tier drummer, no musical taste, overrated piece of shit.

Good drummers are: Vinnie Colaiuta, Mike Portnoy, Brooks & Chad Wackerman (they are brothers), Greg Bissonette, Jeff Porcaro

this right here. Haake is inhuman. Jordison plays insanely fast, and pretty tightly, however lacking anything interesting, like his own style, which was pretty awesome in '99, is completely gone, and on the last slipknot records he did, he just played safety stuff, nothing mindblowing like on their first 2 records.
I liked his style, and how precise he was, but I love a drummer who has something unique much more. Weinberg is much more my kind of drummer, has a unique aproach, more random fills, more lively sound (he doesn't use triggers), and therefore sound way better. Live will always beat triggers, trust me guys, I've tried both, and it is way more fun to play without triggers. you just sound lively.