Is there a more embarrassing genre of music than electro swing?

Is there a more embarrassing genre of music than electro swing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2ce-ioNMfg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mumble rap

What's special about electro swing that's turned hating it into a meme?

vaporwave

Nightcore

I literally learned about it and heard it for the first time the other day. I can just imagine the same type of people who like it are the same type of people who spend their time dressing up in steampunk costumes and going to conventions.

pop punk

so basically you hate it because you're insecure and project like a fucking IMAX

That and it sounds like shit.

Power/speed metal

Electroswing is very embarrassing though

>doesn't like reddit-tier 'epic vintage gentleman music m'good sir!' style-over-substance shit
>projecting
What are you talking about?

nope. always cringed/was disappointed when my friends with decent music taste would suddenly play this shit. not worst genre (up there) but def the most embarrassing. who connects with this shit on an emotional level. and what emotion is that

>that faggot who keeps putting electroswing on at parties, thinking his taste is so refined, even though people keep changing it

vocaloid

There is a chance this post isn't ironic

I knew Sup Forums had shit taste but damn

Based on the selection of posts you decided to object to I'm going to assume you're some kind of disgusting ironic weeaboo.

I'm not a poser nigga I'm an unironic fan of those genres

Almost all artists who did Electro Swing don't do it full time, usually it's not even a full album- It's usually trip hop artits who have some fun with 30s to 50s related samples. Chinese Man's Groove Sessions is still a really good album and has some electro swing in it. I think hardly anyone really takes it seriously or identifies with this shit. It was interesting at first but the novelty wore off fast, and it seems the artists agree because nobody seems to do it any more.
Making threads in this day and age about how bad it is just seems like projecting your insecurities and picking a low hanging fruit.

>MUSIK NEEDS TO BE DEPE AND MAIK U FEEEL THINGS GIZE!!
What emotions do you feel when you listen to dance music in general?

excitement, engergized, relaxed/hype, inhibited. but not all dance music does it, just good music i can connect to. dubstep, electroswing, eurotrash club music, does not make me feel this way. i have never not liked anything that has not connected to me in some way related to emotion or unconcious feeling.

honest question, how else do you decide if you like something. cuz pretty sure thats how i filter music i don't like

>tfw when you enjoy garbage genres like electroswing, dnb, and hardstyle, but you're not even a 12 year old call of duty player

>excitement, engergized, relaxed/hype, inhibited
Okay. Whenever I see someone complaining about emotions in electronic dance music, my mind immediately assumes they're some tryhard elitist that hates the idea of music as stupid fun. But since you elaborated on your definition of emotions, I can understand and agree with you. I'm not a fan of Eletcro Swing either, but I would assume that people who are probably get those same emotions from it.

>how else do you decide if you like something
I honestly don't know. A song usually doesn't stick with me until I've listened to it enough times over a long period of random listens to feel like I've built up a relationship with it. (That's how I would describe it) Of course I the song has to have something that catches my interest in order to begin this process. Usually it's a catchy hook/riff/melody, an interesting production technique, unique song structure, or the timbre of a particular instrument that I like. Emotions do play a role in this process as well, but if the artist isn't doing something unique with any of the above criteria to accentuate those emotions, then I forget about it.

I didn't know electro swing, thanks
catchy, makes you wanna dance.

thanks for the quality response user. what you say makes sense. i guess i qualify that hook or part of the song that catches your interest as an opener. the rest of what you describe is how i qualify great music from good music. but if the song has a fine sound but doesn't connect with you, then are you still a fan or do you decide its not for you. for instance, i am definitely picky when it comes jazz music. Some artists i enjoy listening to actively where others i can be impressed by the talent and sonics of a song, yet do not put them in my library. I consider that emotional attachment at the level where the music is resonating at least intangibly beyond the notes or it isn't

>He doesn't listen to eurotrash on a daily basis
lamoing @ u looser
youtube.com/watch?v=V2ce-ioNMfg

everything on soundcloud

>"good day my fine gentlemen! I do hope you appreciate my new musical piece, based on the greatest historical period for non-homogenized music: the 50s!"
>mfw it's a swing sample with generic EDM drums and sidechaining

AND CHORD!! There are also certain chords or note combinations that I can just fall in love with. I forgot to include that in my criteria.

>i guess i qualify that hook or part of the song that catches your interest as an opener. the rest of what you describe is how i qualify great music from good music.
Yeah that makes sense. I originally got into clipping. for the sound design, but as I got used to my attention ended up shifting to Daveed's lyrics and the music ended up having a whole new meaning to me.

>but if the song has a fine sound but doesn't connect with you, then are you still a fan or do you decide its not for you
If by "fine sound" you mean high technical quality (good production and talented instrumentation) then no, not necessarily. I don't really pay attentions to skill in art. I can certainly acknowledge when something took a lot of skill and sometimes it's very fascinating if it involved being innovative as well, but it often discourages me if it's the only remarkable feature. Metal for example has never impressed me outside of Black Sabbath because it all sounds like the same themes and techniques repeated over and over. Sure, the productions gotten better and the musicians have become... faster, (that takes skill right?) but all sounds and feels the same. I used to be the same way about jazz until I started listening to the finer details in the arrangement.

>Some artists i enjoy listening to actively where others i can be impressed by the talent and sonics of a song, yet do not put them in my library
Yeah, that's kinda how I am with every genre. Usually I'm lucky I find one or two artist's who's work I consistently like.

industrial is pretty close