How old were you when you grew out of libertarianism/ancap?

How old were you when you grew out of libertarianism/ancap?

Me I was 19

I was one for a few seconds. Then I realized that saying "people should do whatever they want" is selfish

When I got my first job

How can you outgrow loving freedom?

Probably around 10

MUH FREEDOM

It's a buzzword. I'd rather live in a stable society and pay taxes for roads and border protection than have Pablo injecting heroin into his eyeballs at the tollbooth to leave my house.

Come take a trip on the 407 in Ontario my man and you'll see why the the west cannot transfer to a Libertarian society.
>Government uses tax payer money to build highway
>Private company buys highway and charges roughly 1200-2000/yr to use it regularly
>Government then proceeds to dip even further into debt and none of that money is ever put back into the system

God bless you, and God bless these United States of America.

Honestly, explored the concept around 23/24. Maybe 6 months of life.

You live in a society that values freedom right after life and before the pursuit of happiness which became wealthy and powerful that way.

No, we become wealthy and powerful by having a strong middle class built up by some moderate social programs, and by being white.

The sad thing is it already happens.

The middle class grew out of the industrial revolution, which was before any serious social programs. That was after freeing the slaves.

Because reagan is a meme and because libertarianism is the ideology of the cuck.

The libertarian sees all of these societal ills, the degeneracy, the single mothers, the flood of immigrants, the crime, the poverty and the libertarian says: "not my problem"

The libertarian keeps repeating that his home is his castle while the world around him crumbles to shit, and the libertarian doesn't even try to fix it. He just watches his nation fall around him and says: "Not my problem, don't use my money to try to fix it."

>built up by some moderate social programs

Which have been around for the majority of America's three-hundred year existence, right? You're an idiot if you think some entitlements made America what it is. The free market empowered our industry and our people, making us an economic powerhouse. We surpassed Britain before Social Security was even a thing and defeated Germany while entitlements were nonexistent.

Would you like the government to also wipe your ass?

Right-wing libertarians is a rich kid ideology. Any right-wing libertarians that aren't born into money are mindcucked.

Many of those social problems were made worse with the government subsidizing bad behavior. The family values crowd wanted tax benefits for marriage and children which incentivizes having children for tax benefits whether you're a good parent or not.

like 22. Ancap is utopian nonsense that doesn't take into account how evil people are. It's like communism only people haven't been insane enough to actually try and put it into practice yet.

MUH ROADS

>reducing state-enforced trade barriers is a cuck idea

Libertarians are a meme. No adult actually thinks it's a good idea.

More like
>when did you grow up and realize it's not your business to tell others what to do
And it seems most people in this thread haven't reached that point yet.

Reminder that Sup Forums is 18+, retards

last week

I used to be Ancap but I realized it's major flaws. I'm currently Libertarian, though I disagree with open borders in the USA given our current problems. (though if we were to legalize pot and decriminalize most other drugs, our southern border problem wouldn't be so bad)

I don't support Trump for president but he's absolutely right when he talks about how bad the trade imbalances are with certain countries. Sure, free trade is great, but we're getting hosed by China.

Around 16, which was approximately the same time I got into politics.

I was already fairly conservative and having explored the various government forms, decided that Communism was the most ideal form of government. However, it didn't suit my right-leaning predilections, and that's when I was introduced to Communism's ugly sister, Libertarianism.

Both are idealistic forms of government predicated on a naive misunderstanding of human nature and all their adherents constantly falling back to "if people would just-".

In a work of fiction, nothing tops Communism and Libertarianism. In reality, both are pipe dreams doomed for failure that immediately date anyone supporting them as a child.

look at this fucking nigger wanting gibmedats. that's argued here, dressed it up a bit.

human fucking trash.

this is wrong in the first 5 words.

Anyone got any of those libertarian future stories? Some of them were green texts. Pic related

>Libertarianism is Anarchism

Every time you post this meme, my faith in Libertarianism grows ten times stronger.

I listen to left wing talk radio a lot and they are all some mixture of confused and terrified by libertarians. I think they just don't have a good argument against cutting the size of government. At least when they argue republicans they can use MUH GAYS or MUH ABORTION.

Jesus I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

>I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back
>The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than foot from his head.
>I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

Still cracks me up every time I read it.