Hey Sup Forums

hey Sup Forums

if water (H2O) contains oxygen (O), why can't humans breathe underwater?

pic somewhat related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_breathing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Bump for the answer

Humans breathe O2, not O

simply
because we can't separate it from the hydrogen

because we can only breathe gasses. Ice contains water, why can't I drink ice? Ice contains oxygen, why can't I inhale ice? Steam contains water, why can't I drink steam?

Why am I even responding?

Because you love to take the bait.

can someone help me find this vid

Gutsman!

Because water is h2o.
1 hydrogen and 2 oxygen.

Whereas humans only breathe 1 oxygen

am i the only one?

Lungs are for air, I.E. gasses.
Water is a liquid, too heavy for breathing, and we can't extract the oxygen we need either.
See, I'm polite and give you a real answer.

ITT
we fap to water

Because it's covalently bonded to the hydrogen you dipshit

H E H
E H E
H E H

like the fucking round earth, not being able to breath underwater is a myth to keep us from achieving full potential, like in that movie Lucy, the one with Nelson Mandela.

The problem, why people "drown", is because they teach us we will die, so people don't breath, and they suffocate. But if you tried to breath you'd be fine, give it 5 minutes to get used to and enjoy life under the sea, like that movie with the mermaid and the ursula fish.
this is bullshit, fish are able to breath the oxygen just fine, that is because they haven't been taught not to breath under tbe water. They die if you take them out of the water because they have been taught that they belong in the sea. But if you have ever seen godthzilla, the motherfucker lived under water until it came out and started breathing fire and fighting that guy ultraman, but it lived, because it didn't forget to breath.

retro memes

On another note, the molecular formation looks like a fine ass in a bikini

If only there was some sort of biological adaptation that would allow a creature to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen...

If our diaphrams were strong enough to pump water in and out, theoretically we could.

If you breath O twice, you will be fine.

If you breathe O thrice it becomes ozone and then you a ded nigga

cuz u ain't a fucking fish

No

Humans can breath under water. It's just the placebo effect that causes suffocation.

Kek.

0/10

Of course you can, go ask Kanye West how

We sorta can
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_breathing

what a great attempt at baiting 12 year olds, really, i salute you you new faggot.

He's a gay fish

>If salt contains sodium why doesn't it blow up in water
Welcome to chemistry compounds

Thats one sexe molecule

would anyone else fuck the pic in the op

/thread

Here I am, first thing in the morning...pumping my cock to molecular structures

Try breathing liquid oxygen. You can breathe water if it's in gas form. You fucking mongol, go back to school

I can't go back. restraining order.

Hydrogen is poisonous, you dumb fucking cocksplats

I'm honestly starting to believe that some people think fish can breathe water.

Saved to my Rule34 folder. Renamed water.jpg

Humans breath O2
Also, the liquid will take the space needed for the lungs to expand and contract

Stupidity has a certain charm, ignorance does not. - Frank Zappa

hero

ONE OXYGEN LOL ITS A DIATOMIC MOLECULE NIGGGA

ok ur alvioli in your fucking lungs cannot breakdown the hydrogen bond between the H and O in ur fucking picture. fish can do that with gills where blood runs opposite way of the water to filter out oxygen.

>its h TWO o
>one hydrogen and two oxygen
do you actually think that it says h and two o's?

Dubs of truth