What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Bad acting

bilbo was raping him twice a day.

The ring inflammed his latent homosexual feelings for Sam.

couldn't handle the banter

>be an adopted kid who lost his parents
>everyone thinks your uncle is a weirdo fuck, probably cant get a decent girlfriend because of that
>all you want to do is hang out and have a good life
>uncle fucks off, leaves you some magic ring
>wtfisthisjewelry.jpeg
>Gandalf says "oh shit this is the One Ring, its your responsibility now"
>your life becomes hell
>carry an entire team
>get stabbed by a reanimated undead demon
>slowly dying inside
>ring makes you an insufferable addict
>chronic pain, wishing I could just kill myself
>under constant threat of death, murder and hunted by orcs
>if I dont succeed, the world literally fucking ends

I wonder what his problem was

the ring

>if I dont succeed, the world literally fucking ends

no it does not, everything would just run under Sauron, big whoop

i think you know

Yes, Middle Earth would have actually been strained and ultimately ruined beyond repair. Read the books pleb and pay attention to the films. The world literally would have ended.

Sounds like an amazing time.

>Ring gets destroyed
>Instanty the ground starts caving in
>instantly volcanos erupt
>instantly an entire race is wiped out

Yeah, Frodo totally saved the world.

the elves would die

>t. elf liar

Sauron just wanted to make Middle Earth Great Again and give every hobbit their own ipad.

they were on their way out... whats your point ?

Mordor was destroyed....

Everything held by his dark magic was destroyed, as it wasnt natural. It wasnt part of the natural world.

what reason did Gandalf give for Frodo to carry it other than "Bilbo meant you to have it"? Kind of a big thing to thrust upon him, no? Was Gandalf just hoping that this was some supernatural fate thing at work or was he just like "eh, you're a good vessel for it since you're a hobbit and won't turn full ringlord-mode right away so you might as well carry it to rivendell anyway".

>Naturalistic Fallacy

k then

why didn grandelf just shrink freder to smurf size so he could ride that stupid messenger moth to mount dune totally undetected?

Except it was. Melkor fouled the song of creation, that's why shit like orcs and balrogs could exist in the first place.

It literally isnt a fallacy? What are you fucking talking about? Its in the fucking lore.

Everything was created by Eru. It's all part of the Natural world.

No, it wasnt. Orcs are not natural beings. Melkor's magic is repeatedly explained as a bastardization of the intended natural order, by extension, so is Sauron's

The Naturalistic Fallacy, plebian, states that something being natural means it's better than unnatural. It's a fallacy though, which means it's not true.

You dont understand, I am literally citing the in-universe laws of the world...there is a natural order to Middle Earth.

>Everything was created by Eru.
No, it wasnt...

Ring was bound to Frodo and he became a ring-bearer.

As user just said natural=/=good.

It's natural for us to shit in the woods and die of a small cut, that doesn't make it good.

You arent following, we arent talking about thematic "good", we are talking about the LORE, the in-universe rules and parameters that make up Middle Earth. In it, there are natural orders, there is a platitude that governs the universe: that natural things are good, unnatural thinfs are evil...

Except it clearly is subjective.

that can change though, I mean Bilbo was able to just drop it, why couldn't Frodo have as well?

>unnatural thinfs are evil
Such as?

>Except it clearly is subjective
Except its not you fuckwit, you fundamentally dont understand how Tolkien's universe works. We are talking about the established fucking laws of Middle Earth here...

Houses, agriculture, writing, alcohol, cooking.....

Basically everything Hobbits love.

>I have no clue what the books say
Orcs are twisted and unnatural elves, they are considered evil by their nature of their design. So are Balrog's and other such dark creatures that Melkor made or helped make

if its not subjective how comes people like saruman though they were right?

Hobbits are one of the most natural beings on Middle Earth

I forget what it says in the books, but I believe Frodo didnt want to just subject more people to the ring by just leaving it, and at that point Gandalf was already aware of it, so he had a moral prerogative to help destroy it. And it already has a bearer...

So why do they use technology? Checkmate Eru-tards.

You dont underatand how this universe works, Sauron was driven by power and malice, he was a Lucifer type, similar to Melkor. That they believed themselves to be superior beings, that they could make their own natural order....but they both fail. Things that are unnatural never succeed in Middle Earth, due to the nature of their creation.

so if they could never succeed why did frodo even have to bother

Because hes not omniscient and Sauron may have been able to fuck up the entire world, but he would have inevitably lost against the gods

not a very good story then wheres the conflict

>post yfw people try to explain Tolkien's world and viewpoints definitively when even Tolkien himself was conflicted on several issues and hadn't finished the books and world building before he died

>even Tolkien himself was conflicted on several issues
Ask me how I know you are 14

How?

Because you know nothing about his work

I guess all religious people can't have much fun going to the cinema then

>Hobbits live WITH the earth
>Humans, Dwarves live ON and mold the earth
>orcs perverse and DISTORT the earth

BILBOOOO
have you been at the gaffers home brew?

Like can't a man enjoy himself.

wtf I love Sauron now

>mold the earth
>distort the earth

How are these different?

This has already been explained

Well for one orcs are inherently unnatural creatures. They're a corruption of elves done by a god. I guess you could say the same about the dwarves, but they were built from the ground up, not as a corruption of a previous being.

>famous for destroying the One Ring
>literally did not destroy it

Frodo literally carried it physically, Something nobody in the Fellowship was mentally/physically/emotionally capable of.

>yfw Gollum sacrificed himself to bring Sauron down

>Orcs are unnatural because they distort the earth.
>They distort the earth because they're unnatural.

great

Gollum didnt sacrifice shit, he just wanted the ring for himself. He accidently fell. Thats not a sacrifice.

Listen lad, I spent a good chunk of time explaining to you how Middle Earth works already. If you dont understand how the universe is structured, thats not my fucking fault.

This isn't what the guy was tslking about. His point was:Sauron's magic was binding Mordor together. No ring, no mordor.
Then you went full retard and talked about the naturalistic fallacy, which is not the case.
Finally, you raised the bar in your own retardation and claimed that, if an srgument is fallacious, it is therefore not true.

Damn you are thick.

He was a miserable creature who crawled numerous dangers all the way to Mount Doom just to fall in to the lava with the ring. All of Middle Earth just be grateful for his efforts

explain why barbarians and goblins and others followed Sauron, they are natural unlike Orcs

The barbarians were niggers and sick of being discriminated against, Sauron promised them equality

Barbarians are men, they are always easy to corrupt and influence. Goblins are retards...also easy to influence. Are you new?

user, you can be a natural creature and become corrupted or manipulated by stronger magics...

He didn't get to enjoy his inheritance.

Trump voter logic.

>UHHHHHHHHHH, HOBBIT?

>if you don't vote for Dagon you are supporting Sauron

if Dagon didn't sacrifice the one good candidate in the hellish fish temple, maybe i would have voted for Dagon

God damnit, now I can't unsee it
>UHHHH, TATERS?
>...potatoes.

>which means it's not true
No it doesn't

>...
Pls stop...

>created by god
>unnatural

Okay

I thought I was the only one that noticed an addiction theme.
One point Gollum argues with himselfhe seems to beat his addiction,newly "sober" he gets yelled at/mistreated by Sam and slips back in his addiction.
-my phone kept changing "beat his addiction" to "beat his assistant"

>I thought I was the only one

I thought it was pretty overt. Pushing away those close to you for the sake of an addiction reinforces this theme.

This is a reddit story