What is Sup Forums's stance on God? not a religious but your own view?

What is Sup Forums's stance on God? not a religious but your own view?

And just curios

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5FELdBsixGg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there is only physical matter

and before anyone correct me sorry i meant curious

Holy fuck, bring back the dick rate threads if this is the alternative.

LUL

There is no god or supreme being.

There are over 1000 gods reported throughout history. Most people don’t believe in 999 of those gods but “their god” is the right one.

It’s just something people use to make life seem a little easier, make death a little less scary. If you actually read the Old Testament it is fucking horrible.

If you need further convincing check out Sam Harris. He is extremely good at calmly destroying all creationists theories.

I was not talking about any religion, but i dont think there is any bad thing in believing in a god?

Indian here... These idiots have 330 million gods here... I believe in none...

>God
>Malarkey

Anything else?

I don't believe in one supreme being that overlooks all of our daily actions. I do however believe in a purpose behind our existence -- and the existence of everything itself.

Moreover, I don't believe in an afterlife, but I believe in a perpetual existence in some sense: The universe gave rise to life which created my ancestors, created my parents and then myself. Just as I have been given life and am currently alive, after my death the universe will give life to the next "Me" just as it has always done.

Alan Watts does a pretty good job at articulating my thoughts on the subject
youtube.com/watch?v=5FELdBsixGg
>Not a reincarnation shill

just an ancient method of using fear to control solders / people.

evolved into scape goat for people that fear death.

now its just a mess. its not only a different story between the hundreds and thousands of religions. its also different between every individual religious leader.

a religion that is based off of accepting death and progressing peacefully through life without the interference or fear of gods , can be taught as a religion that does all that but kills anyone that doesnt and to keep it going, you must pay the religious leader.

I don't believe in a god. But I believe that people should believe in the christan god as Christianity has been proven to be the best religion. Humanity needs religion and a god.

People should fear death user. If they didn't some people would go out murdering others. How do you think empathy develops?

most do fear death. but its not those that fear death, that go on rampages that they know will end their life.

dont fear death. fear a life that will end with you wanting more. theres nothing wrong with ending your own life when you have truly lived it to the fullest you can. i pitty those so deformed that they cannot make this decision for themselves.

I believe something sparked us into creation, but no religious God.

Death is as important as life. However in order for some to survive they should fear dying. There's a reason people fear death and dislike it. It's basic evolution. A death is a loss for potential and improvement of the species. But we also need death so we don't over populate. I don't fear death since it's the same as before I was born. We are animals after all so it's only natural to fear death but that doesn't stop anyone for acknowledging the importance of it.

Of course there is. The entire concept of god is a scientific paradox. If you say “something can’t come from nothing so it had to come from god” you are implying that something insanely complex (even more complex than the spontaneous appearance of a singularity) is responsible for the universe being created.

>tl;dr
If god created the universe who created god?

I believe there’s one God, who created everything, and put us here on earth for us to glorify him. Pretty straight text Baptist, I guess.

Trip-dubs-check-um’d

Which god?

I mean I don’t think there’s another word for God, but Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all technically the same so

There is no God but Allah, there is no religion but Islam.

My belief is there is no god.

But I do believe religion has had a very important part in shaping family, community, culture and I guess by extension all of humanity.

I think what we need is for us to respect culture, past religion and understand that religion was created around human psychology over thousands of years and when people in the west dropped religion, they also drop all the built in lessons said religion taught.

This needs to be addressed,

There is no dick you won't suck.

Simply making everything under the sun a "SIN" barely helps anyone.

Nice

Everything = god

*energy

this is the only true way

I think that the concept of supernatural entities is merely a symptom of how we work as human beings. We are emotionally programmed to solve cognitive dissonances and we have to do that with the information we have. If we do not understand something we still have the cognitive/emotional dissonance and we still need to solve that. That's why we create concepts to help us with that. God is one of them. I think there is definitely no god in the classical way but there might be something much more interesting