Can post-rock be saved?

Can post-rock be saved?

Once Swans stop being such betas and go back to their roots, sure.

Fuck off

This image is terrible, and perfectly sums up the primary problem with Post-rock... the fans.

So Swans making no-wave would save post-rock. I don't think you thought this one through.

If you want people to like the "Good" post-rock, educate them. Maybe start by giving the names of the fucking albums in the top panel

Yes, that's literally what I just said. So I'll ask again, how does Swans making no-wave again save post-rock? A genre they simply are influenced by and have never claimed or have made by-the-books post-rock for post-rock fans.

The genre shifted, honey. It's okay to move on.

Can og post-rock be revived as a different genre, then?

Not him, but no. The primary problem with contemporary post-rock is composition, bands are simply too worried about stepping away from the conventional post-rock composition, if there was alittle more experimentation the genre as a whole would be perfectly fine imho.

We may already have it in the modern state of math rock.

gy!be isn't third wave, third wave is the slew of imitators that came after gy!be

What are the top albums? They sound interesting

it can be saved once you stop posting this shitty chart

It's tough man, I just think that krautrock and post-rock like that is just done.

i abandoned post-rock for shoegaze

>shit talking DMST
>implying DMST is third wave

I recognize something by Talk Talk and Hex.

Once gy!be makes another good album, which will be never in their current iteration. The genre has been effectively dead for a while.

talk talk - lauging stock
bark psychosis - hex
tortoise - millions now living will never die or something
pram - some long title
laika - something else
don't know the last one srorry

>pram - some long title
>Helium
I laft

i guess i was thinking of "The Stars Are So Big, The Earth Is So Small ... Stay As You Are"
which i found to be a massive letdown, everyone hyped up in dreams u 2 can fly which ended up being a bland take on sonny sharrock

anyway do you know what the flower album is

whats the album compared to steve reich and miles davis?

last album is to rococo rot - the amateur view

nvm its just tortoise

there just needs to be the next moses, ushering in post post rock

what would that even sound like

if i knew i would be saving post rock.

>Laika
>Post-rock

Second and Third Wave post-rock are better than everything first wave except Spiderland which isn't really post-rock and SFTB due to its sheer ambition. First wave is the most overrated garbage to ever be fellated by faggots. Comparing Talk Talk/BP to actual jazz? Comparing Tortoise to Miles Davis or Steve Reich? Bitch have you actually listened to jazz or Steve Reich? Because there's a lot more to their music than just structure and horns. At the end of the day, first wave post-rock is just wank done in a minimalist structure with accompaniment of non-standard rock instruments. Except nobody calls it wank because it lacks even the technicality of music often labeled wank so it has literally nothing going for it.

Second Wave post-rock, unlike first wave actually understood the compositional aspects behind the influences behind the genre instead of just at the surface level like the first wave bands. All first wave could do was use studio effects to cut/paste various wank jams together, meanwhile second wave understood Steve Reich's approach to psychoacoustics and used studio effects to get real drones out of how their instrumentation is arranged rather than the straightforwardly arranged Talk Talk final two albums that missed the point. Second wave bands also went past the five minute mark in a Steve Reich work, and noted that the pitch choices and rhythms of the melodies were neither straightforward but nor were they being overly technical/various; rather they themselves were little microcosms of progression that represented something more organic, sort of like how humans aren't perfect, and the feelings of a human as they breathe in/out. The second wave guys translated this into very emotional, organic, and moody guitar parts.

The ONLY thing first wave has over the second/third is that yes, since it was the experimental phase of this style, on a surface level it comes off as far more colorful and rebellious. But it fails when it comes to actual composition.

dude don't shit on do make say think like that you little fucking pleb

hurry up and figure it out because if i hear one more god is an astronaut song i'm going to explode that one building again

DMST's first album is phenomenal too bad they regressed
Anyone who likes their new shit is a moron lol

you're literally fucking retarded i hope you didnt make this
"post rock" is a term looser than your grannys puss

fuck off you annoying faggot

change the context in this pasta from 1st wave and second wave post-rock to musique concrete and trap rap and it will still hold the same effect

On the "OG Post-Rock" what are the two albums all the way to the right?

Musique Concrete doesn't follow a minimalist structure, and it existed before the times of Steve Reich + minimalism as a whole. It also existed before jazz fusion as well and also doesn't follow its various takes on structure either.

Trap rap may have slight surface influences of minimalism and jazz fusion. It has a similar foundation of repetition, and like all hip hop does owe itself to Miles Davis' On The Corner to some extent. But the genre falls into the same...trap (no pun intended) that first wave post-rock does of not fully understanding those influences, except unlike first wave post-rock does have at least the redeeming quality of sometimes being good enough banger music to play in social/club settings.

So no. Like the typical first wave fag you are, you got it all objectively wrong and fail to have interpreted very easy to understand words.

Helium is wayyy better than Stars Are So Big imo

change the context in this pasta to classical music and vaporwave and it will still hold the same effect

I was "over" post-rock for a while. Until I stumbled across Talk Talk. Can anyone recommend some post-rock albums on the same tier as Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock? Already familiar with Slint and Bark Psychosis.

This one's actually right unlike the other one. You must be a patrician second/third wave listener.

change the context in this post to trap/vaporwave and it will still hold the same effect

Wrong again, first wave shitposter!

>Laika
>Post-Rock
Laika is great but its Trip Hop, use pic related instead.

Math rock doesn't really seem related to post rock, definitely feels very different imo

lol dis nigga said Laughing Stock. I don't even think he looked at the image...

Hey guys just the most forgotten/underrated post-rock album comin thru don't mind me, I'm just gonna be flamboyantly exhilarating over here in the corner.

I don't get it.

What's the difference between Post-Rock and Symphonic Prog?

Wtf? Is that a Playstation game?
Gay as fuck.

oh it's totally gay as fuck. And as a deeply closeted homosexual I can assure you this album is stupendous.

Once a genre gets named, it gets ruined.

Their newest album is good stuff.

no shut up tht album is fantastic, listen to the iron lung ep tht shit great

Until you stumbled to the first albums in the genre from almost 30 years ago? Top logic.

crescent is somewhat similar

So they define post-rock? I think not