Where do I branch out from Pink Floyd? Are there better bands to be found that are in a similar vein?

Where do I branch out from Pink Floyd? Are there better bands to be found that are in a similar vein?

Animals is my favorite album of theirs. And I really enjoy the soundscape of Echoes.

Dive into Krautrock mayne

close to the edge senpai

King Crimson

this. psychedelic jam bands are the shit. Check out space rock too.

That band has almost nothing to do with Floyd. Floyd is all about relaxed, stoned grooves and spacey atmosphere. GG is anxious, nervous, almost spazzy, and tight as fuck. The tightest and counterpoint-iest playing you could imagine, and when they did "grooves" it's not like Floyd's "grooves", it's all weird and funky and shit. Almost like a post-punk/new wave band really.

Bardo Pond.

This. You'll probably also like Fragile and The Yes Album.

Crippled Black Phoenix is a post-rock group with a pretty strong PF vibe, especially in their guitars and vocalist. I, Vigilante is a good album to start with.

>Gentle Giant
>Post-Punk/New Wave
???
They originally started out as a RnB/Soul band, that's where their grooves came from, not from two genres that started long after the band was even halfway into their career.

The Sky Moves Sideways

If you love Echoes then listen to this.
Also consider:
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift
Ship of Fools - Out There Somewhere

stop listening to prog rock my dude
shit rots your brain

fuck off tripfag

I'm not saying that's where it came from, I'm saying they share the same kind of taut jumpiness. In terms of just sound, there's more in common between GG and Talking Heads than between GG and Pink Floyd.

>has a shit opinion
>is a tripfag
like clockwork

Prog rock is literally the most Reddit genre there is
Fuck outta my thread and go listen to some king crimson you stupid fucking faggots

>most reddit genre there is
Proofs, please.

>most Reddit genre there
It's not Gorillaz or Kendrick Lamar

>my thread
who said this thread belonged to you? You're not op.
>uses a trip
I don't think you can talk about whether things are reddit or not

This

Listen to Syd Barrett's solo albums