youtube.com/watch?v=JEHc4u-1QIk
youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A
youtube.com/watch?v=41-ksQerUk8
youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs
youtu.be/hdcSdzCE7n4
youtube.com/watch?v=Djf9es4rnXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

society as a whole died after the 90's

I'd rather listen to lil pump or xxxtentacion than public enemy and I hate both.
>YEEEEE BOIIIIII
>YE FUCK THE WHITE DEVIL

It stopped being a esoteric genre, it was beginning it's transition to becoming a main stage genre of American culture around this time. Look at it now...

hip-hop, like most new art, grew out of an expression of rebelliousness
and was easily silenced with money

Yeah I know OP, truly we were "Born In The Wrong Generation"

I bet (You) would.

OP said nothing about this. He literally just asked a question.

No it's okay I get it, "Today's Music Ain't Got The Same Soul"

>I was born in the RIGHT generation
>FUCK A BITCH STICK A DITCH UP A HOE'S SNITCH SKRRRRRRRRRRT SKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Not really. In the 90s/after it everyone from Nas to Eminem to El-P to Kendrick Lamar and more offered a far wider variety of flows/delivery approaches to the genre than anything their predecessors had done. Not to mention that despite some very technical sampling done by the likes of Beastie Boys, Bomb Squad for Public Enemy, and De La Soul, the backing instrumentals only got more colorful as time went on with their structure far more varied in general as well.

Also 80s hip hop aged like shit and sounds boring as fuck.

contrary to popular belief, rap's golden era was between 03-05 when MF DOOM carried music to its zenit all by himself

Stop taking yourself so seriously user

The 90's style of hip hop has been done to fucking death, I guarantee if a modern day artist were to attempt to recapture the styles of that period you'd fucking hate it.

You only think hip hops shit today because you hear all of it, you don't remember all of the trash acts during the 90's, at least the trash we have today is fresh. Also if you think that all trap/pop rap today is terrible and are a fan of hip hop seriously just listen to some more stuff.

i grew up in the 90s, music was a lot rarer back then, raps wasnt even on the radio. rhe music had meaning then, i could relate, rappers were in the struhhle like me!. now theyve got all the hoes and mansions and other big dick bullshit. i grew older, and yearned for simpler things. art has to have meaning for this old fag

>rap has to have meaning

fuck that noise, rap is not about that

if you can flow, you can rap about whatever and be considered good even great, ie lil wayne

*blocks your path*
*ruins your genre*
heh... nothin personnel, kid

>Why did Hip Hop's creativity died in the 90's
White kids in the 90s hated hip hop. The current "i love the 90s" dickriders disgust me. You never cared about the genre or you were to young.

while i can appreciate lil waynes flow, i just cant get with that silliness no more. like i said, its probably because im old. i dont even really listen to any rap nowdays. guess i always like the stroy telling type raps, and less of the cat on the mat stuff

I do know for one that this blows Jake Paul out of the water.

youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

that flute in lil ghetto boy! i love its haunting sound

It's the money

>I guarantee if a modern day artist were to attempt to recapture the styles of that period you'd fucking hate it.

yg recreates 90 wc rap
bronson recreates 90 east coast vibe

what now

what about 4:44? its old man's rap

the genre is pretty new and this kind of records are bound to appear more frequently

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.

I wouldn't agree that they nearly come close to emulating those styles.

I don't even care about the lyrics, I'll listen to shit like snoop dogg, danny brown or ODB no problem, it's just that mainstream modern production is boring to me.
It's not elitism, just taste.
I can enjoy trap for 10 or so minutes but after that it just blends together.

wont listen yo jay zs new stuff, had to google 4:44 just to see what it was. i guess im just tired of the genre. good to see theres guys still making rap that sounds old, not jay z though lol he laready has beyonce, what else does he need? haha

>skrrrrting intensifies

>rappers were in the struhhle like me!. now theyve got all the hoes and mansions and other big dick bullshit.
It's cheaper and easier to produce, distribute and listen to music. Kids now can grow up listening to rappers their own age, with no money or support, releasing tapes from their basement. All my favourite rappers in high school where my own age. Listening to Earl and Currys first tapes when they were no one and then watching them blow up was special. Or like Squadda B and thinking he would, but now his new songs get less than 100 views on youtube. The scene is more grassroots, just because you're out of touch with underground music doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also big dick nigga shit like thugger and wheezy is great so fuck you.

>rappers were in the struhhle like me!.
Struhhling to type you mong

dave east and joey badass are pretty good

bronson earlier mixtapes definitely do

and yg is rehashing 90s dre and g funk sound

Raider Clan, lil ugly mane, suicideboyz, asap mob all recreate 90s memphis style

why don't you just fucking ignore him, you're contributing to the problem if anything

>facts

blame it on Tupac and Biggie being nogs and killing each other

?

>Why did Hip Hop's creativity died in the 90's
that's only in america, pal
too bad you guys are way too far up your own asses to even try hip hop from other countries

WHAT
youtube.com/watch?v=0faXaFXb2wE
THE
youtube.com/watch?v=2FCRoJaaN_Q
FUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=132_fWH2BhQ&list=PLVKfwgAK9v_BvgpNiigD6z-3uvLU8URtM
ARE
youtube.com/watch?v=JEHc4u-1QIk
YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A
TALKING
youtube.com/watch?v=41-ksQerUk8
ABOUT
youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs

> Endtroducing Reference?

Niggas on the Moon is probably the most creative/unique hip hop album ever made.

This wasn't creative. I like this album, but it wasn't creative.

>This wasn't creative. I like this album, but it wasn't creative.

El-P and every artist he's produced is better than almost all rap music from the 90s and earlier.

Porkins Policy Radio episode 84 The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders with John Potash

youtu.be/hdcSdzCE7n4

Because the old record lable owners retired and their hipster sons tooked the place. The old owners gave a lot freedom for all artists over the decades, but their kids do the exactly opposite.
Now it's the same circle jerked producers and shit for rap, rock, etc.

because being either wrong generation nostalgia blind makes you incapable of thinking anything else. thread should be why i can't be bothered to listen to or admit value of anything after le golden age of hip hop

The only difference between american and hip hop from other countries are the references and the words they use. IE people of british origin (Australia, the Europes) say cunt a lot and talk about pubs and shit.

see:

>if you can flow, you can rap about whatever and be considered good even great
Right on I fucking love hopsin my dude

I listen to a lot of uk hip hop and what you said is complete bullshit, sounds like you guessed after two seconds of thinking and/or listened to some mainstream uk poprap trash
if you want to educate yourself a little, go listen to these albums:
Jam Baxter - So We Ate Them Whole...
The Mouse Outfit - Escape Music
Ed Scissor & Lamplighter - Tell Them It's Winter
Melanin 9 - Magna Carta
Mr Key & Greenwood Sharps - Yesterday's Futures
Those are a good place to start, but I realize as I'm writing this that the chance of any of you actually trying them is pretty minuscule. Sup Forumstards will be Sup Forumstards.

jokes on you I was only pretending. thanks for the recs, kid. don't take it too personall

Public Enemy only had 1 good album. Fear of a Black Planet. Every else just bleed into each other.

Sophisticated Bitch is alright though.

You're welcome I guess
I actually do hope that you try them, I think uk hip hop is unfairly overlooked and would probably be received pretty well by Sup Forums if people actually gave it a chance. A guy can hope.

I have a fantasy of a rap album coming out called "Niggaz of Late Capitalizm" and it's all old school rappers spitting tracks in the exact same style as the shit that got them famous.

A concept rap album that tracks raps rise and decline in a way that mirrors the decline of the west with the message being that this shit was always garbage and we are all diseased.

please stop it's embarrassing

Grey Gen Xers who think 80s hip hop was the pinnacle are so boring. It's BORING.

>MUH PUBLIC ENEMY. SO POLITICAL!

The ONLY worthwhile thing about Public Enemy was its inadvertent influence in hardcore techno.

youtube.com/watch?v=Djf9es4rnXY
>modern hip hop is not creati-