Is Sup Forums as smart as it makes out? I don't think so, especially when it comes to actual science

Is Sup Forums as smart as it makes out? I don't think so, especially when it comes to actual science

Nothing has been proven to be colder then -273,15 CENTIgrade or 0 Kelvin. Nuff said

Fuck off to /sci/ space nigger

Assuming arguendo that a "sun" made of ice could a) exist and b) be -1,000 centigrade, the collision between the two would likely result in an annihilation of both and a resultant vapor cloud.

However, such an ice sun could never exist. It's mass would result in sufficiently high pressure at the core to ignite nuclear fusion, regardless of it's molecular makeup. It would be just a normal star. How do you think stars are created in the first place?

>sun made of lava
>sun made of ice

are you sure about that

Obviously some alien race has unlocked the secret to sub-absolute-zero tech and built this ice sun to destroy us

Just because the star is blue doesn't make it cold, retard. The closest thing you could get to a frozen sun that emits ice is... Maybe a supermassive Ice planet Vs neutron star

they will bounce away from eachother

allmoast got triggerd
also nice number >339993

Lava = melted stone
When in contact with the ice star it would cool to its solid state and eventually the heat of the rock in contact with the ice would be a non-ice-melting temperature.

Depending on the speed of the crash, the 2 stars would be semi-joined. And over time (because of gravity) they would join to one massive star. Then the ice part would melt completely because 1 volume unit of lava is more than enough to melt 1 volume unit of ice

Ice Cream.

>Just because the star is blue doesn't make it cold, retard
the fact that its made of ICE makes it cold. moron.

a 20 million pound planet duh

the sun's not made of lava

A tide pod

A giant one

obviously the temperature will cancel each other out but there could be enough heat generated by the friction of the collision to ignite a new, bigger star using the oxygen in the water ice to burn

Not mention that as the block of ice gets nearer the sun, the radiated heat would begin melting it. Then yes, observing the hydrogenand oxygen atoms to fuel it's fusion core.

>obviously the temperature will cancel each other
being this much of a brainlet :ยด)

1 m^3 of the hot sun is enough to melt like 10m^3 of the ice.
assuming op meant that the cold one is 0K

Yeah, I'm going to side with some of the other Sup Forumstards here.

This argument makes absolutely no sense. You're asking a HYPOTHETICAL question, based off zero scientific evidence of something like this actually existing. Of a "sun" made of ice, which by definition is impossible.
>Sun (or star) is defined as a fixed luminous point in the night sky that is a large, remote incandescent body like the sun.
>Emitting light and incandescent both require heat.

Yeah, if I found this on a school assignment somewhere, I would present evidence that this is a pointless question for those FACTS presented above. Because unless I think EXACTLY like the teacher, I will be wrong. Why? Because this has never happened and it's all hypothetical.

Kind of like my English Lit teacher asking me to write a paper, giving my opinion on a book or story, only to mark it wrong because it wasn't their opinion.

This is a riddle/oxymoron. Suns, by definition are hot. Nothing will happen, because there is no "cold sun" made out of ice.

What is generating heat to glow up this "Ice sun" oxymoron

Just like most riddles, this one tries to take you away from common sense by overloading your brain with seemingly "important information"

>weigh the same
>same size

Pick one

Learn to specific heat, dumass

ditto brainletty
the energy the lava radiates/can loose is much greater than what is required to melt the ice

>especially when it comes to actual science
>pic related
/thread

>its impossible
>you cant get a star made from ice
>yadda yadda
Wow ppl are so unimaginative. Space is big and such things could easily exist we just havent found them yet. Scientists always say they know everything and theres nothing left to discover but thats not true.

See

Okay, dimwitty,

Lrn 2:
specific heat
specific gravity
latent heat of fusion
latent heat of vaporization

10m^3 of water is like 3X mass of 1m^3 lava. You do the rest of the maths