What are some good mech films?

What are some good mech films?

I just finished watching Elysium and I wanted more with the robots and power frames

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nECsWAqMJgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chappie

District 9

Transformers

chappie was shit, user.

Am I the only one that found Chappie pretty crap?

My friend mentioned it to me as i'm into mecha but I just found it really bad, enjoyed Hugh Jackman in it, but everyone else ot so much, friend was raving about it like it was the second coming of jesus or something.

>tfw never ever a mechwarrior movie

The general consensus is that it sucked

District 9 two when?

Nah, Chappie is objectively shit

Chappie was great, plebs

Plebs, why would even watch it if you can't immerse in the works of Die Antwoord? And Hugh Jackman was by far the worst thing.

>And Hugh Jackman was by far the worst thing.

It was just a prank bro

Chappie

maybe isn't best Bloomkamp's work but like Elysium it has one of the nicest CGI work to the date, pretty enjoyable

>chappie was shit
what the actual fuck

>No pacrim

ya'll niggas gay

It certainly has its flaws, but i dont think i've seen a movie more charming, or with a bigger heart since The iron giant.

>99% of responses relate to chappie or transformers
Really, Sup Forums?

ACHILLLLLEEEESSSS

Crash and Burn!

Fuck me, last time I saw this was back on a taped vhs off tv when I was a kid, needs a rewatch!

>not liking Transformers
Sure the shit scenes, like where his mom is tripping on drugs, are shit, but the action is well worth it. The desert scenes in the first movie or the fighting in Chicago are top tier.

>good mech films
Kurosawa aside, nothing good ever came out outta Japs' culture.

Chappie is crap and there isn't much that makes it interesting. It's a fine dadcore sunday afternoon movie, if anything else.
But if OP really wants to see it, there's a nice 2 minutes fights involving robots in the beginning of the movie. You could check it on youtube, I guess.

i agree

with you

Robocop 1 and 2 feature amazing robot design in glorious stop motion.

The robots from Interstellar were great

It's great having no idea what's going on and not being able to differentiate between the different blobs of metal flying around the screen. Anyway here's John Turturro in his pants.

Optimus just acts so out of character it's tough to watch. Shouting DIEEEEEE or killing Sentinel when he has him dead to rights is like something out of God of War. Primes are supposed to be like the Supermen of Transformers. They possess the Matrix of Leadership because they're so pure of heart. And then he straight up kills a human being in the fourth one.

Might not be a suitable opinion but I would highly recommend the recent CoD games, AW, BOPS3 and IW. All full of sci-fi shit and exoskeletons. Action movies ceased to exist and now only capeshit and videogames exist, CoD is a perfect example of this. The campaigns are just fun action flicks.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nECsWAqMJgo

Nigger say what you want about Bay and his movies, but his action scenes are one of the most well shot and followable imo.
I had no problem following who is shooting who in both Transformers, where it's just grey robots tearing each other apart, or 13 Hours, where it's the most cliche SF dudes (altough to be fair to Bay, that's how they actually looked) fighting amongst a horde of both friendly and hostile allahu akbars.

Ghost Recon Alpha and Kill Command for robots/mechs.
Starship Troopers: Invasion and Edge of Tommorow (fuck the ending though) for some upscaled and armored exo suits.

What is the robot boxing movie with Hugh Jackman? That was fun.

>Shouting DIEEEEEE or killing Sentinel when he has him dead to rights is like something out of God of War. Primes are supposed to be like the Supermen of Transformers. They possess the Matrix of Leadership because they're so pure of heart. And then he straight up kills a human being in the fourth one.

You are a stupid faggot for equating Optimus with Superman in the first place when that has never been true, why do you faggots keep saying that?

Optimus Prime is a fucking soldier not a priest.

so it's come to this

Great arguments my friend :^)

Real Steel. It was surprisingly good.

GIGO, mouthbreather.

same

as a teenager i tried transformers, but you canĀ“t stand it anymore while getting older. sadly there is no good mech film and these robots had barely any screentime.