Atheism seems incoherent and absurd. The perfect worldview for Sup Forums fags

Atheism seems incoherent and absurd. The perfect worldview for Sup Forums fags.

God send God to save the world that God made from God because God can't deal with the world that God made's lack of God.

Seems coherent and reasonable

>why is emperor palpatine evil
>sitting in sidiouss lap
>not being a fan of star wars seems incoherent and absurd

>Atheism seems incoherent and absurd
How? Also your picture is misleading at best

>arguing on the internet about whether god exists or not
why bother

>God send God to save the world that God made from God because God can't deal with the world that God made's lack of God.
>Seems coherent and reasonable

Or the opposite world view is:

-- There is no TRUTH, we are only space snot.
-- Something came from nothing.
-- Life came from non-life.
-- The rational can come from the non-rational.

>loves to sit in god's lap while trying to smack him.
dude what?! that doesnt even make sense.... oh i forgot, you're religious. carry on.

Incoherent? There is no God. Doesn't get simpler than that.

>How? Also your picture is misleading at best

>-- There is no TRUTH, we are only space snot.

Explain how misleading.

Who says we're space snot? You've been reading too much Hitchhiker's Guide

>Incoherent? There is no God. Doesn't get simpler than that.

So there is no truth and we are space snot?

>Atheism seems incoherent and absurd.
>seems
Classic theism.

>Who says we're space snot? You've been reading too much Hitchhiker's Guide

If there is no God...it would be a good conclusion. Do you have another one? If there is no God, how does one arrive at truth?

>false dichotomy fallacy
>the fact of lack of "higher purpose" means theres no such thing as truth
> ; who made god
>your point?
>rationality is a mental process. Rock isnt an issue of rationality or emotionality, like blue isnt a car brand

No. The big bang and evolution, haven't you googled anything?

How does one arrive at truth with God?

>>Atheism seems incoherent and absurd.
>>seems
>Classic theism.

Really? If atheism is true how does one reason to make the world coherent?

You need to reword this mess of a post.

Does god say murder is wrong because it's wrong or is murder wrong because god says it is.

Do religios think everyone would just be out murdering for fun without god? That's fucked up

If theism is true how does one reason to make the world coherent?

>>false dichotomy fallacy

I don't think so.

>> ; who made god
God is Unmoved mover. Coherent. Infinite regress is not coherent.

>>rationality is a mental process.
If there are no humans does 2+2 still equal 4?

If there are no humans would it still be true a circle isnot a square?

>No. The big bang and evolution, haven't you googled anything?
So we are biomachines reproducing DNA?

with science,u fuckwit
its the single best way of learning about the world

>>If there are no humans would it still be true a circle isnot a square?
If there was no god would it still be true a circle is not a square?

Sure, I guess. Biomachines is an oxymoron and now that we've sort of won nature we're free to live for more than just reproducing (not that you could tell from Sup Forums amirite XP) but sure, you're technically right.

>How does one arrive at truth with God?

If we are biomachines for producing DNA and everything we do or think is for the purpose of survival, how could we know that the "truth" we believe isn't just a chemical process so that we can produce more DNA?

doesnt matter what u think
Singularity is unmoved mover
mathematical operations and amounts r mental constructs. Without capable brains thers no1 to name 2 and add it
Same for geometry

It is. Murder is wrong because civilizations that allowed murder collapsed and were replaced by ones that didn't allow murder. That doesn't make it right, and that certainly doesn't "require god"

>Does god say murder is wrong because it's wrong or is murder wrong because god says it is.
>Do religios think everyone would just be out murdering for fun without god? That's fucked up

Murder is wrong because humans are made in the image of God... with a mind.

If there is no God why would it be bad to murder people?

If we are the creations of some sort of entity according to some unfathomable will, how could we know that the "truth" we believe isn't just a deception that we are hopelessly incapable of uncovering?

>>If there is no God why would it be bad to murder people?

So if you weren't a christian you'd be out murdering people right now?

>If theism is true how does one reason to make the world coherent?

Seems simple to me. Morality, logic, order, rationality flow from the nature of God.

you seem very disturbed and fearful,OP, repeating your "space snot" phrase so many times.

It doesn't really make any sense. Have you tried education in science as a solution to your fears?

>Murder is wrong because humans are made in the image of God... with a mind.
How does that make it wrong?
>If there is no God why would it be bad to murder people?
If there is God why would it be bad to murder people?

Wew lad.

>with science,u fuckwit

Can you prove that with science? Science relies on logic which we cannot prove with science.

Explain logic and its origin.

>Seems simple to me.
Again with that seems.
>Morality, logic, order, rationality flow from the nature of God.
How do those things flow from the nature of God? How does God have that nature? How can you be sure of any of it?

ikr

>something came from nothing

theists are the only people who put this trope out there. physicists don't claim this ever. just more of the theists making up arguments to fight against instead of actually studying the universe.

it produces reliable outcomes

>If there was no god would it still be true a circle is not a square?

There is no reality without God. No rationality. Nothing.

ikr, just fucking google this stuff OP

>selfish gene by r. dawkins

>Atheism seems incoherent and absurd.
You need to prove that, asshole

>Sure, I guess. Biomachines is an oxymoron and now that we've sort of won nature we're free to live for more than just reproducing (not that you could tell from Sup Forums amirite XP) but sure, you're technically right.

How do you know that it's right? Couldn't it just be a chemical reaction in your brain right now?

>>There is no reality without God. No rationality. Nothing.
Why not, though? There's nothing inherently god-like about reason. To put it in SUPER abstract terms: all the stories that haven't been told yet still exist, they just haven't been told yet

vs. we were created by an all knowing all powerful magician.

yeah. makes sense.

>Singularity is unmoved mover
Define Singularity.

>mathematical operations and amounts r mental constructs. Without capable brains thers no1 to name 2 and add it
Same for geometry

So math and geometry don't exit without human minds?

I feel like that is evidence against god. If existence was really predicated on god, that SHOULDN'T be a possibility

Just my two cents being tossed out here. Science will never be able to prove or disprove the existence of a higher being. It's why it's called faith. This isn't even basic rocket science. Could evolution be real or fake? Yes. Can you prove a god exists, no. Could this higher being have started the process of evolution? Yes. Could this god have created everything ex nihilio? Yes. Will an atheist ever believe in a god? Only if they take DMT.

Except that all reason is is an expression of a fundamental principle or root of all reality, which is itself an extension of God (or perhaps He's an extension of that eternal principle/Tao/Way...)

tl;dr: Presuppositionalism fails because theists cannot show that they do not suffer from the same issues that they accuse atheists of suffering from. They merely assert that they can, which isn't an argument.

>Murder is wrong because civilizations that allowed murder collapsed and were replaced by ones that didn't allow murder.

Interesting. So morality is what makes civilizations not die? But really not wrong? So it's ok to rape others as long as civilization doesn't crash?

My God is a Fly called Fred, and he lives for 3 days every year. But he is real.

Prove me wrong OP.

That's a good way to look at it, but faith and religion virtues not asking questions and just living without knowledge without even pursuing it. So, for humanity to reach it's full potential we will have to eventually reject religion, but as that's not gonna happen anytime soon, live and let live is a good worldview

>>So it's ok to rape others as long as civilization doesn't crash?
That's like the dumbest way to look at what I said. I put why that's not the case IN the original post so I'm not gonna type it again

infinitely small concentration of matter and energy, that expanded into the universe
yes

Dear OP,
Who made God? For God to exist he has to be created. He can't always have been there, that would mean he has always existed and to do so there has to be a point of creation.
So who made God? Is your all powerful diety no longer the most all powerful one, because something else must be to create them, and so on and so on and so on.
Thusly this points to evolution, which is against the bible, so Christianity is a big hypocrisy.

>How does that make it wrong?
Good question. We are given an intrinsic value by being created in God image. If God is Good then it is bad to murder creations that are in his image.

You're halfway there- faith and questioning is a means to knowledge. The organized structure of the Church, in pretty much every branch, has actually quashed faith for the blind obedience and literalism you're talking about. The higher truths are poetry, and to accept the gift of the Word is to think as a poet, a philosopher, a theologian simultaneously, and resist the urge to turn the Unquantifiable into a rigid doctrine.

Because you're right: once the Church codifies itself into a rigid system, all it's doing is trying and failing to be Man's intellect. And we already have science, which is (in that limited field) far superior.

You have to see the poetry of the human soul and the tango with the divine through the imagination, otherwise you're just tying yourself into the doctrine of (often wicked) men...

So is murder wrong because god says it's wrong or does god say murder is wrong because it's wrong?

>We are given an intrinsic value by being created in God image.
Why?
>If God is Good then it is bad to murder creations that are in his image.
What makes God good?

>How does God have that nature? How can you be sure of any of it?

I'm pretty sure that there is no world where it's ok to rape toddles for fun.

I'm pretty sure that logic exists in a mind. It's not my mind or yours otherwise we couldn't agree to it. It would merely be opinion.

>It is. Murder is wrong because civilizations that allowed murder collapsed and were replaced by ones that didn't allow murder.

only, plenty of civilisations that have collapsed had murder as a crime. the babylonian empire, for example.

you're simply pulling these ideas out of thin air.

He's Creation itself. The original Concept. The Swirl of the Root. The Tao. The Philosophical Absolute.

Reality and all "created" things are an expression of His essence, which is the primal force of eternity itself. The Origin and Termination of all soul and thought, the Alpha and the Omega. If you're picturing a bearded fellow moulding man out of clay, you're doing it very, very wrong.

That's some cult-y shit right there, user. I agree that the "higher truths" or just "science" as I would call it are almost poetic in nature, but considering the existence of God doesn't make sense in the context of what we know now, I don't think he's real.

>I'm pretty sure that there is no world where it's ok to rape toddles for fun.
How are you sure of that?
>I'm pretty sure that logic exists in a mind.
How are you sure of that?
>It's not my mind or yours otherwise we couldn't agree to it
Why not?
>It would merely be opinion.
What if it is?

Physicist don't need to explain logic. It's not what they do. It is an axiom. They accept it and move on.

I'm agnostic you cock sucker either side of that is illogical ego.

Also, wouldn't God's opinions still just be opinions?

Murder is wrong because it's wrong, and if God were to decree otherwise He would cease to be perfect, and cease to be God. As He is both of those things, there is indeed a limitation to "omnipotence." Only things which are logically possible can be done, and making murder moral is a logical impossibility.

Whether God is subservient to the fundamental moral and rational truths or if he is in fact the embodiment of those truths and continuous with them, is something I still question.

Wrong sir. Evolution and the bible are compatible. If you look at it the right way. If you don't believe me, the first chapter of genesis does a pretty good job of laying out how the universe formed. I personally think that a day is a thousand years comparison is wrong. But, it's compatible.

But then why do you Christ fags always dismiss the big bang which is essentially what you described.

He just didn't appear from nowhere, he would have to be created by something.

Ergo you have no proof of what you say, thusly God does not exist. And you have been living a lie.

There can be other reasons for a civilization to collapse, but I guess my wording was weird. I was just trying to simplify social Darwinism so you could see how it works as a basis for morality with no need for god

It would be cult-y if anybody else thought that way, but as far as I know only a few poets have pointed in that direction. If my way of thinking were to be codified into a system it would indeed be a cult, and to do so would shatter the very elegance I see in it.

Not the same thing at all, no where is there any evolution of man.

Also the Vatican went apeshit over darwin's Theory of Evolution.

>You need to prove that, asshole

But then with me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind, which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?
—Charles Darwin, to William Graham 3 July 188

>Evolution and the bible are compatible
> If you look at it the right way.
In other words, you have to ignore everything in the Bible that goes against evolution as allegory that isn't meant to be taken literally.

But user, I believe in the Big Bang. I'm not sure if it's the moment of creation of only our universe, or if that's when God Himself first appeared, but it was a very real and significant event.

>>and if God were to decree otherwise He would cease to be perfect, and cease to be God
So morality is NOT hingant on God
(is hingant a word? Oh, you know what I mean)

>vs. we were created by an all knowing all powerful magician.

Or you believe something far worse. And there is not even a magician.

Hitch NEVER once asserted that a god doesn’t exist. He simply rejects the claim that one (or any) does/do exist because there isn’t sufficient evidence to support that claim. Never has been, and never will be. Fuck off now.

>Whether God is subservient to the fundamental moral and rational truths or if he is in fact the embodiment of those truths and continuous with them, is something I still question.

>I feel like that is evidence against god. If existence was really predicated on god, that SHOULDN'T be a possibility

Could you explain this in more detail. It's an interesting thought.

undisputed
god disproved again

Flying monkeyfish god shat out the world and it will be destroyed when the world becomes a banana.

I don't know and can admit that , u is all the gays

Obviously you are going to hell for all your faggotry here on earth, OP. Now quit shitposting and live a decent moral life.
Fuck. What a faggot.

link for pic related pls

there is a lifeform in the infinite universe wich fulfill the definition of god, its 99.99999% probability, so there is a god, maby many, but all the holy books and texts have nothing to do with it
lets just kill every religious fags and most of our problems would be solved

>but faith and religion virtues not asking questions and just living without knowledge

Really? You must have read a different New Testament than I did.

The apostle greeted the Colossians (1:1-2), gave thanks to God for their faith and love (1:3-8), and then followed with a specific prayer for their growth in the knowledge of God’s will (1:9-14)

unless he deems it okay?

The Vision of Christ that thou dost see
Is my Vision’s Greatest Enemy.
Thine has a great hook nose like thine;
Mine has a snub nose like to mine.
Thine is the friend of All Mankind;
Mine speaks in parables to the Blind.
Thine loves the same world that mine hates;
Thy Heaven doors are my Hell Gates.
Socrates taught what Melitus
Loathd as a Nation’s bitterest Curse;
And Caiphas was in his own Mind
A benefactor to Mankind.
Both read the Bible day & night,
But thou readst black where I read white.

>note that the pictured Bible is clear as a window to the world, and that the black and white literalism of the text itself is the enemy

>My God is a Fly called Fred, and he lives for 3 days every year. But he is real.

Sucks for you.

>infinitely small concentration of matter and energy, that expanded into the universe
>yes

Amazing. What do you do with the fact that infinity is not possible?

>Dear OP,
>Who made God? For God to exist he has to be created. He can't always have been there, that would mean he has always existed and to do so there has to be a point of creation.
>So who made God? Is your all powerful diety no longer the most all powerful one, because something else must be to create them, and so on and so on and so on.
>Thusly this points to evolution, which is against the bible, so Christianity is a big hypocrisy.

Sorry. The Greeks figured it a long time ago. Infinite regress is not possible. There must be an Uncaused Cause.

Then save yourself a step and say reality was uncaused.

>the fact that infinity is not possible?

when was that proven?

>There must be an Uncaused Cause.

okay, let's say that there is a point of "uncaused cause". how does this prove the existence of a god?

exactly! these people love to impose their ideas and really does people give a shitload of fuck, but anyways i love faggots like these coz i love to spectate on how much their gonna make an ass of themselves here on the interwebs