User

user,
how do i remove my unhappiness ?

Other urls found in this thread:

playvids.com/v/i_pOG2Wq3kl
m.hdzog.com/videos/108367/the-final-offer-corporate-sluts-snatched-in-the-boondocks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

by deciding that you are happy, the unhappiness is your ego trying to get a higher voice, just let those thoughts pass. you are the main character and creator of the film you have made, within less then the click of a button, you can change the entire outcome of the moment you are in

Getting sauce would be a good start. Sauce?

i don't understand this.

sauce x2

take your time my friend. truth and honesty will help you on your path

Not the same user, but basically you are trying too hard to be someone or something that your socially conditioned mind thinks is correct. In other words you are trying to be the person that other people want you to be, and you're not allowing yourself to be happy with the person that you actually are. Learn to accept yourself and be who you wanna be guilt free

indubitably

but doesn't that create complacency, and shouldn't we all be trying to be greater and achieve greater things?
isn't complacency death and lack of growth ?

That's what they taught you to think, and how is it working out for you?

You need challenge, we have everything at our fingertips now, we can go to the supermarket and buy anything we want at any time. We don't have to fight for our food, we can look at hot women getting fucked on the internet and masturbate every day. Even if your life is perfect on paper, you will always be unhappy if you don't challenge yourself and take yourself out of your comfort zone.

the question is how much growth truly is necessary? it is like the pharmaceutical industry, continually growing, but to what point does the human need to be taken care of? until death is no longer an issue? inevitably it is, karma and such....

complacency justly is the ego, content of itself, the very actor you portray at your own will; you might hear from it, but don't hold on to that, become a spectator of that sideshow of your movie

Not necessarily. I recommend making a daily meditation habit, even 5 mins a day will help significantly if you maintain it daily. When you have a better idea of what *you* really want to achieve, work towards that with no regard to what other people think of it.

This dude right. The actor is happy if he chooses to be.

who are they?
and is it possible i'm not trying hard enough ?

how do you challenge yourself ?

Buddhism

i want to have a good life.
i want people to like me.
i want to be physically fit.
i want to be smarter.
i want more money in my bank account.
i want bitches to be attracted to me.

By doing shit that you want to do but are scared of or are too lazy for, go to the gym and get fit, go traveling, go approach random girls and try and hit on them etc etc. Whatever floats your boat.

wooow , this is how i feel right now

That is insanely easier said than done. Happiness is a stimulus, my ego is not. Which means I have to actively stay happy to be happy.

You find the source of the unhappiness and destroy it. Or fix it, depending. Altho sometimes things are just made broken. I don't ever remember not being happy. That's why I drink and smoke and not give a fuck.

Listen to Misaki.

Learn to transfix on positive elements and respect their presence. Realise that all pain is temporary and when negative thoughts appear, challenge them

Misaki is a selfish manipulative bitch.

You are under the illusion that you need outside confirmation that you're worthy of acceptance. In other words you're not allowing yourself to be happy because you don't feel like you have the ability to determine that you're good enough for the world. You have to hear someone else tell you that you're good enough, but if you learn to accept yourself just the way you are, you'll realize there's nothing about you that needs to change, it's society that needs to change

stay off Sup Forums and the internet forever, exercise, finally get around to doing that thing you're supposed to be doing and errrr eat and sleep better.. there you go

agreed

godammit

Idk if its possible to prevent yourself to being unhappy all the time/completely. But they key is self realization, and realizing that you're more important than you're told/taught to believe. The world isn't a horrible place it's only what we make it out to be. We're shown the horribleness of the world but the love and good is being sensored/blocked out for us not to see so we believe that the world we live in is all bad. You're so important. Don't live completely for others. This is your life.

Source: One good acid trip and a search for answers.

Take a combination of 5htp, St. Johns Wort, and an antidepressant that doesn't knock your dick in the dirt.

agreed

This

stop doing gay shit.. Only do fun shit. = happy all the time.
Worked for me.

Seriously though. I need sauce on OP's gif.... because masturbation....

agreed 2 .

A good life is very subjective. You will need to go deeper to find your core desires, which meditation will really help with (or a trip if you are into that).
I'll try to address the things you've listed though.

>physically fit and smarter
The first thing you need to cultivate is discipline, rely on discipline rather than motivation to keep good habits like working out and meditating, motivation is fleeting and unreliable. It is also worth noting daily meditation will give minor improvements to a very wide range of cognitive faculties. Things like memory recall being snappier and more reliable, thinking faster and from a better perspective, you will feel clearer, etc. I'm serious, meditate.

>charisma and bitches
A lot of people just say "be urself lol" and it's not a surprise no one takes them seriously. The thing is, if you actually are just doing you with no regard for what people think, it shows. You project an aura of confidence in all your subconscious movements and microexpressions, people can tell you are comfortable in your skin and will like that. You might not get the girl of your dreams but that's just a fact of life.

>money
Money is a method for control, try not to value it any more than the things you use it for. An example I like using is that rent and food money is important but random spending money is not.

Depends on what is causing your unhappiness, user. Fixing problems without knowing the source is difficult.

However, if I were to recommend... I'd say go ask a professional. Best starting point is a therapist imo.

Also, I don't get why people don't like talking to therapists. If you had big legal problems, it'd be common sense to talk to a lawyer. Same thing goes for therapists.

I can't believe I misspelled censored.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think that knowing about all of the terrible things in the world is helping us as a species. We don't have the mental tools to hear all of that and understand the good that is going on at the same time.

Forget the rest of the world. Just look around you. You have access to so many wonderful things. Being happy is just seeing the beauty that is already around you, not about changing something or accomplishing something.

Here is my philosophy from two days ago, which helped to improve my life yesterday.

>there is no such thing as happyness.
>you will never achieve a state where you are happy or balanced or in heaven/nirvana
>everything you do is only so important as you perceive it
>there is no way to accept this and there is no need to do so
>you just go on living, now, in the moment. stop ruminating about retarded shit and dont hink you cant do stuff
>dont be afraid something bad happens or youll die or be judged by other people
>because as it is, fuck it, there is no way to do something wrong, nor is there a way to do it right.
>there are only your goals and opinions, you life, your brain.
>live.

This is good stuff

Sauce

Meditation. Chakras. Astro-projection. It's all real. Now ask yourself. Why aren't we taught this. Is this information being hidden from us. Why? What else is being hidden?

You are alive! Think about it. Wouldn't it be easier for nothing at all to exist. So how do we exist?

Scratch Adam and Eve for a second. There was a study done whether or not babies are born thinking or not. So they put a baby puppy and a baby human on the table. The baby puppy would approach the edge of the table, sense danger...and would back away from the edge. The baby human on the other hand, would crawl right off the edge of the table and fall. So if we're born not thinking, or not being able to process information like the instinct of an animal

Were the very first humans babies or adults? (Chicken or the Egg) If the first person/persons was a baby....how did we survive?

Also how did the first people invent a languages to communicate?

Once you start thinking deeply you will realize no one knows what the fuck is going on and how impossible this all is. Shouldn't someone know wtf is happening? Yet know one does. This information is being suppressed. They're secrets in this world that is trying to get out to us. I won't go to far into my madness....but the answer is we are/ you are so important. You exist. How?!?! Think about how complicated it is. How complicated your body is. Your DNA can literally duplicate itself/make a copy if its being manipulated/altered in anyway.

Love is the answer.

You don't understand, I need this sauce

Y

I knew I'd find one of you here.

Happiness is a switch that you just flip whenever you want, and it works always, and bad things are imaginations, and I totally understand that to be reality, blah blahh blah blaah plaarpplarp pffffft

Almost like we're creating our own reality.

funny that

Insert sharpie in pooper

Sauce Please. Thank you.

Confront your problems

>remove geostigma

With a sharp knife.

ouch ;)

>No sauce yet
You can fix your happiness with the sauce of that gif

very true. reality is merely what we perceive it to be. all our emotions come from and can be controlled directly from within. stimuli can only make you upset if you let it. and nothing else can sustain your happiness better than yourself.

okay you got me. well played.

I’ve been bested

more work and exercise, faggot

Getting rid of unhappiness starts with you. Think about the aspects of your life you want to improve, and set small goals that will get you there with time.

Even if they're really smalls goals like cleaning your room, as long as you're constantly improving (however small it may be), you will eventually be happy.

Step 1: Ponder long and hard what makes you unhappy. Make a list. Meditate it it helps.
Step 2: Build up habits gradually by avoiding the things that make you unhappy. If hangovers and beer gut do this, kick drinking for just a week, and remind yourself how you feel at the end of that time. Then go for it longer. Work towards goals in increments; one day at a time. Similarly, if you don't make enough, draw out a reasonable plan with successful friends, family, or co-workers for advancing in your job or changing your career.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit!

You make a limited point. You really should consider what's wrong with your life AFTER you've recognized that it's your life and others shouldn't be a standard. Then zero in on all the bullshit you could do with or without, and make it happen. Some days I think about kids, not because I want them, but because everyone else has them, and I want to continue my father's bloodline because I love him. Then I remember that he and his dad told me in no uncertain terms to live life how I want to. I couldn't have a kid for someone else, so I don't.

since i dont have a pet all of it, ALL OF THAT SHIT is null and void. gl & hf

Can you elaborate on meditation? What do I do? When? How? Asking because I've been recommended this a few times but dont really know where to start.

sauce?

Be me sorrow despair and depression...dont think I could go another day and get medicated for it...what happens if I run out of meds...or lose them and I'm in terrible pain again...im not sure what to do but look for the ending

Yeah for sure. The idea is to step back and realise that you aren't your thoughts, they just come from your body. You are the thing capable of watching those thoughts.
If it helps, imagine you are a mountain and every thought that floats by is a cloud. Just hold your stead, you are bigger than the cloud. Observe it, but don't latch onto it.
It's natural when starting out to get caught up in the occasional thought and go off on a tangent. Once you realize you have been actively thinking, simply return to your silence and continue meditation. It is like training a muscle so don't let it discourage you if you at first find it difficult to think about nothing.
A little bit down the line it is like your body is actively trying to engage your attention. Every thought is a bait post, don't reply.
Letting everything flow through like this allows you to see the bigger picture and gain a more insightful understanding of your situation, as well as giving many cognitive benefits. Make sure you do it daily if you want it to really work, 5 mins daily is much better than a half hour session every week.

Also I find the best time is early in the morning. If you go to work or school try waking up 10 mins earlier and getting in a little meditation session before you leave. To start, you could even try doing it while having your morning coffee or smoke or whatever, instead of reading the news or playing with your phone.

Fuck it, I'll be the hero then.

playvids.com/v/i_pOG2Wq3kl

I’ve actually learned a few things from watching Bojack Horseman about happiness. Simply setting goals and working towards them isn’t enough by itself, you have to be content with yourself first. Even when you reach that day, and it’s the best day of your life, you still have the next day to go through. So happiness isn’t something that can be ‘reached’ exactly, it’s something that’s maintained over a period of time. A lot of people think “when I get to here I’ll be happy!”, then they reach that point and realize yeah it’s fun for a while, but not fulfilling when the moment passes, so they set another goal and so on while avoiding the actual problem. There’s a nice & more descriptive video that sums it up here:

youtube/watch?v=H7zZYnFADxk

Was just about to ask about best time to meditate, thanks.
How long after you started to meditate you noticed difference?

It varies from person to person but in my experience you should feel noticably clearer after about a week. And that's not counting the fact that you will have seen a bunch of things you've forgotten about that are revealed to you during meditation.
It's like taking a step up a mountain every day. Keep at it and you won't be disappointed I promise.

kek

Try tying it to a ceiling beam?

enjoy doing something

anime girls never have anything nice to say.

Thanks a lot. Gonna start tomorrow.
>try doing it while having your morning coffee or smoke
Any experience while doing these? Coffie + cig is my morning routine and it be great if I could incorporate meditation in it.

Weak bitch

Is Bojack worth a watch?

No problem user. If it works for you then spread it to others, that's my price.
And yes, I also have a coffee and ciggy in the morning and it is a good time to slip some meditation into your schedule. The mindset I've described is called mindfulness when used in daily life, and works very similarly. You can meditate while doing any task that you can listen to music while doing. I also meditate when I'm about to go to sleep, it can have the added bonus of slowing your heart rate and helps you get to sleep if you have trouble sleeping.

This is like asking "how do I remove the darkness from a room?" The answer is, you don't. You add light. Darkness is the fundamental state when no light is present. Don't focus on the unhappiness and think of it as something to be removed. Instead think of what you can add to replace or cover up that unhappiness. Be it peace, happiness, humor, or whatever other kind of positive emotional state you look forward to, that is the light that will not remove the darkness, but will cover it and replace it in the forefront of your mind. Work toward cultivating positive things, rather than removing negative things. Catfish?

But I'll add this is just for convenience in a busy western lifestyle. If you are serious about your gains, dedicated time on the cushion can't be beat.

Ok this was a really unique perspective. Good stuff man!

Thanks a lot, again. Hope it helps.

Argue for your misery and you get to keep it.

started meditation a while back as well, worked well but fell out of the habit of doing it, sometimes falling asleep while meditating as well

Life IS suffering. You are going to suffer a lot, if happiness as a motivator will not sustain you during suffering.
Virtue is the answer.

By giving the sauce

It's depressing and boring most of the time

The answer, is logs from andys asshole

m.hdzog.com/videos/108367/the-final-offer-corporate-sluts-snatched-in-the-boondocks/

bit of sauce

Uh yeah that's pretty much how it is. If you're having negative thoughts, ask yourself why you are thinking about those things. Do not default to "because of x condition", as you will forever be a slave to that "depression" etc. You cannot change everything, but you can change most things. Start with yourself.

" Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

>" Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."
Now that hit the soft spot