Sup guys. Anyone on Sup Forums experienced with Kratom...

Sup guys. Anyone on Sup Forums experienced with Kratom? It's just been ruled legal where I live and I'd like to get some pros and cons from people in the know. I just bought my first batch. Pic related. I plan on taking 4 g's tomorrow before work. I climb cell phone towers for a living and could use a lil extra boost and relief from soreness. Am I fucking up?

I would wait. See what effect it gives you before you decide to use it at work, after all your job is climbing up towers

I've been doing it for five years now. I smoke lots of weed on the tower and have climbed on other small doses of opiates such as percocet. Here's a pic from 250 ft outside of Chattanooga.

The way you said "I just bought my first batch" made me think you were using it for the first time.

I mean i haven't tried it but i assure you, it's not nearly as strong as weed so go ahead i guess if you trust what you're taking. If you're okay with weed then it should be fine. Nice picture btw

bumping with tower pics until someone can help me out.

this is how we fly our steel to the top. climb up and rig a rope and run it back to a truck mounted winch.

Not really sure what i or anyone else can tell you. I've never tried either but i know for a fact weed is stronger and if you've been fine using that i don't see Kratom being an issue. It's all up to you though

Here's what the antennas and radios that make your cell phone work look l like up close. Sprint install at 250'.

OP u still here?

Got ya. Guess I'm just gonna turn this into a tower pic dump. Got nothing better to do. Feel free to ask any questions. This is an install made to look like a flag pole/ stealth pole. Covers go on after the install and cover all the equipment up.

I'm here. Here's a US Navy ship in port in Pascagoula MS.

I haven't really tried kratom, just Kanna, Cannabis, Salvia and other shit, but i recommend the Psyched Substance channel on Youtube, he is a wise guy and has videos posted about Kratom, a month ago or so he uploaded a video about the pros and cons of Kratom, hope it helps

Prepare to be underwhelmed. I would put kratom at about the same strength as coffee. Also, buying powder by the kilo online will get you better quality and price. I would start at 2 grams and move up if it isn't enough.

Thanks a lot! Here's a picture of me chilling on a water tower in the middle of the brutal mobile, al summer. Should i keep going? Any interest in these?

and heres the polar opposite. Freezing my ass off on a 25 degree day.

here's downtown richmond from the top of a tower.

downtown memphis before sunset.

right before a big storm hit. anyone here?

Keep them going is interesting to see

here's what strong winds do to a shitty install.

part 2.

summer storm rolls in from the coast. really missing those warm summer days right now.

What speed are the winds that do this?

gail force. At least 80 to 100 mph. also a very shitty install. they only secured at one point to the hand rail instead of two.

That Slave I is fucking awesome

Holy crap that is fast

at first I thought you were some hippie drug loser

but your job is harder than anything ive done

fuck

K'oyacyi!

i'm gnna dump a few of my favorites. Install at 7,000 feet in the Appalachian mountains. absolutely beautiful views were had this day.

How was your worst experience at job like?

dont, it makes you obsessed with defunct radio shows

KYS faggot.

The only downside I've noticed with kratom is that it can make you dizzy. Other than that, the effects are similar to a low dose of opiates

lol i do work hard. but that doesnt mean i can't be a hippy drug loser too right? heres another in the smokeys.

I would try 4 grams while you're at home, maybe try and clean the house on them, or go out and do errands first so you can see how they make u feel

antenna array on top of a mountain.
my worst experience is working in sub 20 degree weather at 300 feet with the wind kicking at 30 mph. i literally wanted to jump off and end my suffering. but that happens rarely.

I've had friends take 2 or 3 grams of caps, and they just can't stomach the stuff

here's another from sylva nc. they filmed deliverance and three billboards here.

here's a good friend of mine hanging off a boom waiting on a dish to get up to him on the rope so he can hang it.

First time I took Kratom, I got really nauseous. Wouldn't want to experience that atop a tower.
Since then it's been nice, warm fuzzy feeling in my head, thoughts are quieter and more peaceful, don't feel tired.
Affects my balance a little. Sure, it's weaker than weed, but different too. You're stupid if you try it for the first time at work.

I don't have a scale so I started with 1 tsp. Was too much for my first dose but now is about right. Tolerance builds pretty quickly so don't do it too often.

thanks for the input. here's a guy working on a tower right across from me near the memphis airport. rarely can you throw something to someone on a different tower.

here's a microwave dish install.

here's the view from the ground of flying 1,000 pounds worth of steel on a rope.

how close have you ever came to falling OP?

view looking up! get ready to go to the office.

Don't take too much your first go. Depending on when you last did opiates you might still have a high tolerance. But doing 4g on your first kratom dose might irritate your stomach too much. If your tolerance is down it can make you dizzy in an unpleasant way. Also gives you eye wobbling.
Don't believe all the hype from redditors. It will make you backed up, and you do get physiologically dependent on it. Withdrawals feel like a shitty cold or mild flu. Restless legs, and insomnia.

Never came close. That's the number one rule. Don't fall. It's amazing how careful you can be even subconsciously up there. We are a a pretty safe company and have never had someone killed or even severely injured on the tower. It is a very daangerous job though and on average about 20 tower hands a year lose their lives. Here's my buddy hanging underneath a platform on top of a transmission tower. The linemen aren't even allowed to climb these they have to call us in to do it.

duly noted. anyone interested in more pics? I may make a new thread just on the subject of my job if it's deemed interesting enough.

Constipation yes

Where do u do this work? Do you travel statewide, or some kinda region? What's the pay?

what kind of course did you take? rope access?

I've been in pretty much every state east of the Mississippi in the last 4 years. Last year I made 70,000. I have no college degree. Although I am fairly smart and do all of the rf testing and troubleshooting as well as fiber splicing, which factors into my pay. I know it doesn't seem like enough to risk your life day in and day out but as a someone still in their 20's I think I'm doing ok for myself. Here we are using a crane to swap out the entire top portion of the tower.

I'm certified by ComtrainUSA as a qualified rigger, climber and rope rescue personnel. With a proper anchor point and rope I can get anyone down from heights. Rope access work is rare in this industry due to working on towers that are meant to be climbed, but I have done it a few times. We descend a lot if there is no climbable section down one side of the tower.

it took us three full days to build and prep this platform on the ground. it took us two hours to hang it at 200 feet with the help of a crane.

neat, do you see yourself doing this for a long time? i imagine older guy's bodies cant keep up

Damn. So do you travel constantly? How many hours a week you working? Do you get the typical holidays and 2 week vacation for time off or is work more interspersed? Do you have your own place that you can enjoy or is it pointless with all the traveling you do?

What's with the measuring tape?

No I don't plan n doing it forever. The good thing is I have a lot of experience in the networking and programming sides of the industry. I also have experience in the management and logistical side as well. If my body couldn't take it anymore I would move into the office. I actually started out in the office in this industry doing closeout packages for customers like sprint and verizon and have quite a few contacts around the country in that libe of work. The thing about tower work is not a lot of people can do it so people are pretty much throwing jobs at you most of the time.

These are all exfellent questions.

1) I spent 214 days on the road last year. (checked my paid days per diem on last pay stub)
2) Anywhere from 40-65/70. Usually somewhere in between.
3)I have 15 days paid vacation, all federal holidays paid off, full benefits and 401k through my company.
4)I rent an apartment where my home base is and plan on purchasing my first home this year.

You're getting paid about 25,000 less than average. You should really start networking and looking elsewhere. You could be making 150,000 but you'd need to be able to piss clean.

I took measurements from the antenna to the ground down the ladder access to determine how long the new fiber line i was running from the base station equipment needed to be.

Holy shit! You got the Kreo USS Enterprise back there? I fuckin love Battlestar Galactica!

Shit mang, I got a good b.s. And masters and I make shit. Even if I moved to a center of industry I'd be lucky to break 60k.
Ive often thought about dropping this lame career for a while to make good money. Is towers something dudes can do for a year or less?

How big is 5G gonna be for you? What tower companies are making huge profits?

I can piss clean but as someone whose been doing this for five years now, I don't know any tower hands that make 110,00 a year for climbing. Even the union guys in the northeast I know aren't pulling that. I'm not calling you a liar but I would love to be pointed in the direction where I could make that money in this industry without being management on a salary or working 80 hour weeks on the road.

Absolutely. I know plenty of "fly by night" tower hands who do it for a few months at a time, stack cash, and then are back to something else.