What is your ideal or perfect afterlife Sup Forums?

what is your ideal or perfect afterlife Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyU1s6ukn8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

huge house, hot babes, all the metal music ever, and a gun to kill myfelf again.

To be in heaven with my loved ones

i want to be transported to a reality where all that exists is grimes' bedroom. we get high, fuck, and play dark souls for the rest of eternity

Where I am all powerful and all knowing.

Something with tits

I've always wanted to come back as a surprise ghost butler..

Like, haunt someone's home, but totally fix up the place while they're not looking.

b o b s

somewhere with endless money, hot girls, fast cars, good food, good drugs and nice weather

Nothingness. Alternatively, exactly like this.

72 virgins

Access to normieworld internet

My life to be repeated again but instead of happening the same thing, an alternate reality where I remember nothing from this existence and everything in that new one works as I would've wanted it to work, like a perfect run, sadly tho, I know there's nothing else beyond death

No you don't, you only believe that strongly. To know that there is nothing beyond death requires you to die, and if you die and there is nothing beyond death, you can't know anything, because there's nothing left to know about nothing in death.

I'm not that user, but you can know there is nothing beyond death without dying.

You damage a certain part of the brain and you can't see anymore.
You damage another part of the brain and you can't head anymore.
You damage yet another part of the brain and you forget everything you ever knew.
You damage yet another part of the brain and you can't speak anymore.

And so on...

Every time you damage a part of the brain an ability is lost. If you destroy the entire brain, all abilities are lost. Therefore you can't exist without that brain. Not in any meaningful sense anyway. Even if you believe there is a soul that can survive, that soul won't be able to see, hear, sense, think, talk or remember anything. Saying that a soul without any of your abilities or memories is still you is the same as saying the atoms that make you are you. Yet none of those atoms were you just a few years ago. Most of them were dirt back then and most of the atoms that are you right now will be dirt in a few years - even if you're still alive.

so if I live life and it sucks why would I want to live it again in some, "afterlife"

if I live life and achieve all my goals, once again, why would I want to live it again in some, "afterlife"

If anything you would want to live life again. The idea of an afterlife is utterly stupid.

except that all those things occur in the same spacetime, once you die, it's a different spacetime, you can't know anything for certain user.

you could be right, but given how fucking strange the universe is, you could be wrong.

what if all the people who die of old age have lived enough lives to finally make it to the end and all the other people that die young are recycled to live again.

Reincarnation. Heaven is unrealistic, if there is no bad the good doesn't seem good.

Literally anything I want for all eternity with nothing being outside of my control or dangerous or scary. Just a big giant playground just for me where anything is possible.

>damage all periphery
Okay, yeah. At this point, you may merely be locked in and subject to your ability to abstract and possibly dream, if not internally monologue and scream.
>If you destroy the entire brain
>all abilities are lost
and so is the brain and anything resembling an entity that can discern and experience that destruction, both during and after said destruction, to say with a distinct certainty that, yes, nothing comes next. If you can't exist without the brain, as you've said, they you will never experience death where that experience in being dead is meaningful. It just isn't anything.

So I don't understand what you're doing when you invoke the concept of a soul. Are you taking a soul to be a purely physical thing? Are souls minds in atoms? Are you equating a soul with a mind? What's a mind? What's a soul? Why aren't souls phenomenal? Are souls emergent? Is anything immaterial? Why must a soul rely upon a brain? What about Descartes? What about the other philosophers who have poured over the concept of a soul and have presented various functional models of the supposed dual nature of whatever a being is supposed to be? What if there's something completely unimaginable and strange that quite literally cannot be understood given these particular states we occupy?

I don't know what comes after death. I'm certain that dying means literally nothing, for the next ever. But I don't have any means of proving that beyond a reasonable doubt. All I can do is prove the death of others, at least physically, from the perspective of the observer.

Do rich people always kill themselves out of depression? No, they live happy, long, fruitful lives because nothing bad ever happens to them.

everyone is happy, everyone fucks all the time, food is always great and doesnt harm anyone, people live forever infinite resources.

hangin out with op bein best buds

I'm that user
That's true, but it just sounds like fantasy to me to think that there's something beyond death, if there is, I just hope that it's pleasant, and I don't know, die in an awesome way, bullets, explosions and action movie shit

If I would have to define soul I would define it as the software running on the hardware of the brain. When the hardware is destroyed the software is gone as well. This is my general theory. But in that post I was trying to address the idea that there is a soul that can survive death and then try to figure out what abilities that soul might have on it's own. Which is pretty much none.

Of course you can't experience being dead since you don't exist anymore. There is no difference between the state before you were born and after you die. You simply don't exist. Of course you don't even know you don't exist but that doesn't change the fact.

If you are considering alternate universes with copies of yourself, your copies will only exist until the probability of either of them surviving is larger than 0%. Which eventually will drop for 0%. It is also debatable if those copies are still you or just copies (like twins within these 3 dimensions).

Male or female ya dunce

exactly, i always point out to people that if there is a god he was simply bored when he created us because perfection is in fact, boring.

if dubs u and me will hang out in afterlife

I'll go 80% females 20% males so there's some healthy genetic spread for my afterlife allahu akbars

>Which is pretty much none
I could sell to you a version of a soul that has all the abilities of a conscious mind but no body in sight.
>Which eventually will drop for 0%
If numbers like 0.00000000(...)1 are real, then a copy will survive indefinitely.

to assume a probability will always drop to zero means you believe that time exists in the first place. we perceive time, that much I agree with but it's significance is disputable. so I can't say the probability is always going to hit zero by any means.

Heaven and knowledge. I can see loved ones and etc. Dreams may come heaven

I believe in heaven but honestly I kinda wish I just cease to exist and return to a black void of nothingness.

Heaven is good too if all my mental issues go away upon arrival, but if there's a heaven, good chance I won't go there anyway

What, no traps?

im wondering is this ass to mouth serves a purpose other than trying to arouse the animal

>I could sell to you a version of a soul that has all the abilities of a conscious mind but no body in sight.
No, you couldn't. As I wrote earlier, we know for a fact that every single one of our abilities is destroyable by eliminating the correct part of the brain. Therefore if you destroy the entire brain, all of our abilities are gone.

Looks a little like this

Christian Heaven.

good question

I could, user. It is literally just a matter of me constructing a model involving a body and a soul. It's been done so many times before. Merely not believing in it does not mean it does not exist, though you could subscribe to the belief that if you don't think about it, it doesn't exist.

You are operating under the belief that existence is purely physical. I too believe this, but to examine things under this lens without any sort of objectivity whatsoever doesn't accomplish much beyond reaffirming the belief, and not the knowledge, that there is nothing after death. We don't know for a fact that every single one of our abilities depends upon the brain itself, so much as we can demonstrate the continued happening of there needing to be enough of a brain to do enough of this or that thing. Even still, we can't dissect intimated experiences- yet. So things like "redness" are things we can't explain, things we don't really know beyond this inseparable experience of "redness", perhaps even "redness" is not the kind of thing we imagine it is. The only knowledge in this belief system, is that there is nothing after death where there are only the fundamental forces in a kind of environment. In fact, there are still debates as to whether you even need certain parts of the brain besides, you know, the brain stem, to perform this or that function, so with that alone there is still uncertainty, as we still don't know enough about the brain, in a very particular way, to say with that kind of precision that things are this or that way absolutely.

y tho

what is christian heaven?

if you don't believe in a soul. or we could get scientific and you do not believe that consciousness is something that can be measured. eventually if a system is complex and can calculate, it becomes conscious somewhere along that process, which mean that your death is not significant at all and in fact your life was not really yours and that you are part of some greater whole. it is at this point that OP's question becomes completely meaningless.

Sounds boring as fuck but reincarnation into another world with magic and all that. Basic isekai anime plot.

Beats me bro

I don't know honestly because if there's an eternity worth of being conscious and self-aware still, it would really suck. They say a day in heaven is a 1000 years on earth or whatever, so really my choice for an afterlife would be to chill in heaven for so many hours, just talk to whoever is there, then be reborn on earth as whatever I want to be and forego the memories of my past life. I'd choose human myself of course.

No energy in the world is created or destroyed, I think that your body dies but you dont really die because someday (could be in a few billion years) the energy will loop around and form a being with consciousness

fucking niggers

What if, after one passes, they become aware that they ARE their god? That this universe was just some template they found and decided to live in for a lifetime? When its over, you try again, see what its like. You may be normal, and get bored after one life, or spend many, as this universe offered to you all of its greatest experiences? What if you can live in a reality this one has created? What if?

What if you're just a program.

We are not to know. We only know two things of it: it is better than this world and our minds will akin to that of God.

You can't even define God though, so how do you form a belief system around something you can't define.

What is God?

In much you don't use words that you don't understand, writing an entire belief system around something you don't understand is just as insane.

Kek
Will there be niggers in heaven and will they still try to pull these antics?

>Do animals/pets go to heaven?

Gonna have to refer to my pastor on this one, user

rick grimes? it's pretty dirty and unuseable now

i feel the effects of thousands of heroine shots for the rest of time

so california if you're good at this

Never ending morphine drip, with a constantly replenished feast of sumptuous foods, a harem, entertainment amenities and a shit ton of guns to fire off at my leisure

What in crikey fuck is that thing in that picture!?

>5 bucks says it fucks that dog...

i believe in something similar to "the matrix" except we probably have to be all sorts of different creatures because it's a form of "prison"/"rehabilitation" to be alive here. the problem is that we're probably not as cute as anything that lives on earth... out there, we were bad people and are probably ugly by their standards.

op here
I left for like half an hour and this shit is still going

fair enough

my ideal afterlife is where you actually become god
create and destroy worlds however you like
snap your fingers and anything can happen

either that or you go to a place much like earth now, only earth is endless so there's a place for everyone
And shit like oil, electricity, petrol etc is magically made and no one needs to work for it

youtube.com/watch?v=AyU1s6ukn8I

Your desire to so squarely understand things is vanity and a striving after wind.

>this webm is proof that niggers have been making very poor life choices since the dawn of time

Kek

Lmao

"Heaven" to me is a thousand-yard range, with unlimted ammo, a never-ending arms room, and a machine shop on-site...

Pretty simple user here, tbqh...

i wonder which dipshit started that and made it appealing

You know what they say, Happiness is a warm gun.

Yeah that's fucking retarded

Guess no one goes to heaven then, huh?

I want my energy to be transferred to an alien somewhere and just fly around and explore other planets

nonexistence

>implying heaven exists

Agreed. Happiness is a warm pile of brass...

My ideal afterlife would be to restart this one. But know everything I know now so I don't Fuck it up twice.
I have wasted so much time on stupid Shit.

This guy gets it

first of all, grammar. "striving after wind", wtf are you trying to convey with that statement? That I am attempting to catch the wind? Then say that, but parachutes catch wind as do kites. Humans are capable of that much, if you wanted to say we aren't worthy, why don't you point out that we can barely control one of the fundamental forces, electro-magnetism.

It's not a desire to squarely understand things, it's the same logical reason why a tablespoon being divided into thirds rather than an even number is questionable.

when he said metal music he might as well kill himself first

>That I am attempting to catch the wind?
That you, yourself, engage in fruitless endeavors.

"What is crooked cannot be made straight. What is lacking cannot be counted."

is that even relevant when you are browsing Sup Forums as well? kek

also, this is probably the most worthless attempt at being a christian that i have seen. go read the fucking bible and get back to me.

Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher,
vanity of vanities! All is vanity.

What does man gain by all the toil at which he toils under the sun? A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever. The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises. The wind blows to the south and goes around to the north; around and around goes the wind, and on its circuits the wind returns. All streams run to the sea, but the sea is not full; to the place where the streams flow, there they flow again. All things are full of weariness; a man cannot utter it; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. Is there a thing of which it is said, “See, this is new”? It has been already in the ages before us. There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to be among those who come after.

If you know the bible so well, you should know where that comes from and why I chose to say everything I've said in this thread. I will pray for you. Farewell. Farewell. Farewell. Find peace. Find peace. Find peace. You are shut in so that you cannot escape and your eye grows dim through sorrow. But I am praying that you find a heard of pigs unto which the lamb may allow Legion to leave your body. If you know the bible so well, you should know why I said everything in this paragraph. May the grace of the Lord be with you.

You speak not to an ordinary Christian. You speak to one who takes it more seriously than a courtroom.

Sup Forums but it is nothing but original greentext

BEHOLD THE BANE OF YOUR EXISTENCE

HIS EXCELLENCY, WILLIAM JAMES

Literal in your sense then?

72 cute catboi virgins*

My life over again, retaining all of my memories.

Live it all over again from a fresh start.

Your book is a bunch of stories about a flood that happened 11600 years ago. All the mystical shit is made up by people to keep the stories interesting. In order to warn us of it.

MOAR LIKE THIS

Only those who enter with discontent find it all literal.

And not all the stories happened. Some are based in reality. Most aren't. I mean, giants? Come the fuck on, dude. I don't know who told you that the bible is "The Textbook of the Universe" but you are just willfully antagonistic. In short, a bigot.

waking up in the arms of my Skyrim waifu

EXPLAIN THIS ATHEISTS

Giants could be something else. Mega fauna existed with humans. If you think dealing with saber tooted cats would be bad the bears of the time are the stuff of fucking nightmares.

One by one they have gone from the old cottage home
On earth we shall see them no more
But we'll meet them again on that beautiful shore
Where parting will come nevermore

Oh, my old cottage home, my old cottage home
That stands on the brow of the hill
Where in life's early morning I once loved to roam
But now all is quiet and still

Bullets move really quickly and can kill people if used inappropriately. Please shoot responsibly.