There are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW that think this isn't the best Dylan album

>there are plebs on this board RIGHT NOW that think this isn't the best Dylan album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7c9hHGBMx8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>there are plebs who don't think Bob Dylan is the most irritating-sounding folk musician around

The stuff he's known and popular for is annoying mostly, give him just 1 more chance though, google telegony

It isn't his best album, it's his most saturnine and vitriolic.

My favourite is Modern Times. You should check it out, it's similar in some ways to Blood on the Tracks.

Leonard Cohen is objectively the better folk artist

blonde on blonde is his best album

Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen aren't all that comparable, they're very different.

my nigga

You obviously haven't listened to much folk. there are voices that sound much more weird then dylan's.

*Deletes all the blues tracks in his discography*
I have perfected Dylan

Uhh, you're deleting most of his catalogue from the 60's and 70's.

You deleted Blind Willie McTell ?

blonde on blonde >>> highway 61 revisited >>>>> blood on the tracks > john wesley harding > another side > everything else

>there are X on this Y (RIGHT NOW) that think Z
>X is the Y Z. Prove me wrong. PRO-TIP: you can't
>ITT: 10/10 X's
>ITT: 0/10 X's
>*Deletes X*
>X BTFO!
>Thoughts on X?
>Recommend me some X to go with Y
>This is the X of Y

Am I missing anything?

>I'm a faggot

There will go!

this pleb response is telling of this shit board. and most well aged album is definitely the times they are a changin

There are plebs on this board that still listen to Bob Dylan even though it's been over 30 years since he made something good

i bet you don't even have a leopard skin pillbox hat.
youtube.com/watch?v=z7c9hHGBMx8

>le right generation

This comment shows you know nothing about Dylan, because 30 years ago he was making his worst music. You can discredit Time out of Mind (1996) Modern Times (2006) and Love and Theft (2001) if you really want, even though they are great. But if you're going to do that, at least state he hasn't made anything good for 40 years, because there weren't many great dylan albums for a while after 76.

Disagree, Together Through Life is solid.

Oh Mercy is among his best though.

Dylan and Young are sort of comparable though

Eh, I disagree, It's well produced and a couple of the songs are nice. Not among his best though for me, wouldn't even place it top 15

i've been interested in getting into his christian period because i've heard it was actually a pretty inspired time for him. i've also heard his live shows during that time were incredible lol. i gotta check it out.

I hear them referred to as his 'unholy trinity' and I sort of agree, he may have been inspired but it didn't really translate into good music with any substance. Infidels is pretty good tho

Never really been a fan of 'you're a big girl now', 'buckets of rain' and 'meet me in the morning'. Whereas every song on Highway 61 is amazing apart from maybe like a buick 6. I'll always prefer an album of all 8or9/10s over an album with some 10s and some 5s

i think he was influenced by gospel music at various points in his life and i think those three albums were his attempt to bring it to the mainstream. he also clearly doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks about what he does and i find that admirable.

It's too cheesy.

I left all the folk and folk rock for us to enjoy.

>Freewheelin not in there
ur rong

Saying that Blonde On Blonde is better than Blood On The Tracks is like saying that Revolver is better than Abbey Road. Objectively wrong

>best album not H61R

lol I agree with both of those

A lot of his folk stuff was country blues. All of his music is fundamentally based on blues and extends that.

The live stuff from around that period sounds amazing. Studio, I'm not so sure but I haven't heard much of it. I don't know why he didn't use a female choir earlier, it's fucking great. Man in me is suchhh a good song

This guy gets it

There is a very clear difference between a track like Pledging My Time and Visions of Johanna

God damn he looked like a weak pussy there. In 69' he was handsome as fuck with short hair

Yeah there is but "folk" isn't defined by certain chords, instruments or structures. It's just an word that is an amalgamation of a lot of different musical styles.

Obviously. Pledging my Time is one of his most generic blues, while Visions Of Johanna is probably his best song.

I think Desire is the best Dylan album

>Visions best song
>not Hurricane

did he make something good?
can't understand why people listen to that shit.
read a book if music is only words to you.

t. Turbo pleb who has never heard such sonically majestic tracks as Queen Jane Approximately or Ballad of a Thin Man

>b-but his voice XD
The biggest pleb filter that ever existed

Listen to instrumental music if you think songs don't include words

i think i prefer freewheelin'. in fact i definitely do cause when i listen to BOTT i listen with the bootleg series versions of some of the songs cause i prefer when he's not backed by the band. be sure to check those out if you haven't.