So matthew mcconaughey breathing heavily is passable as dramatic dialogue?

so matthew mcconaughey breathing heavily is passable as dramatic dialogue?
a.k.a. what happens when a simpleton watches 2001: A Space Odyssey and thinks a big studio budget can replicate it
even more pretentious than Inception...somehow

>diaLOGue

steaming log
STEAMING

Kill yourself for spreading a forced and annoying meme.

So what's a good movie in your opinion?

Wew
Someone needs a fresh one

i thought interstellar was a really great movie. i enjoyed it, had a little talk about it with my girlfriend where we talked about what we liked, and then i moved on with my day and my life.

maybe you're just depressed and hate everything and also a completely useless faggot. have you ever considered that?

Event Horizon

I'm gonna bite just a little by saying: Fuck off, I was talking to OP

Because that’s all modern entertainment is these days, man. “Artists” just copy old art, and rather than taking what made it great they instead take the skin before filling it with bullshit and assume that audiences are dumb enough to suck it up and love it (in which case, they typically do).

honestly it was very enjoyable...up until the last 30 minutes
the tesseract scene and everything afterward was complete utter fucking trash
but seriously, what a clean and tidy ending:
>this black hole, which 100% would have absolutely crushed me a long time ago, somehow throws me into a 3-dimensional space created by 5-dimensional beings (which are just humans in the distant future) where i can magically interact with this singular bedroom at extremely convenient moments in time, which allows me to communicate with my daughter (because gravity lol) to provide her with extremely complex data which magically somehow something somewhere now i'm saved from the black hole and here's my daugher dying at 100 years old now i'm stealing a spaceship to bone my professor's daughter
maybe you and your girlfriend talked about it, but these glaring flaws should have smacked you in the fucking face immediately, so that says a lot about the quality of conversations you two have

The Core

I felt the same way when I tried to watch 2010 again. John Lithgow hyperventilating in his helmet... I just wanted to strangle him. I must have been pretty high the first time I saw it because I didn't remember it being so awful.

Yeah, it sucked but why bring it up?

>The Deer Hunter
>The Godfather
>Platoon
I could go on.

>honestly it was very enjoyable...up until the last 30 minutes
/thread

Allright, biting all the way. Event Horizon is scifi, but the sub-genre is completely different. It's like comparing Matrix with Tron.

Imo Interstellar is one of the best movies in the last few years. It stands out so much among all the shitty storytelling, overly colorful cgi, flashy explosions, unnecessary slow motion sequences and generally dumbing down movies to cartoons with semi-live actors.

The only other movie that stands out in the genre is Martian.
The rest is just garbage spoonfed to plebs.

haha you posted it again. epic bro lol

well, neither of us have autism so there may have been a comment about the plot but it didn't bother us any further

Captain, the cuck levels are off the chart.

Haha ik xD

But The Matrix basically was Tron

You're the reason they keep making Fast and Furious movies and adapting young adult fantasy novels. Fuck off, at least he tried something different.

>You’re just depressed and hate everything
And you’re a complete retard that hasn’t realized the bitterness of life. Probably too young.

spoken like a true edgy depressed fag

Right. Opaque molten rock, unoptanium - the miraculous metal, ultrasonic drill. I liked these concepts.. in primary school.

Kinda incomparable with Interstellar and generally sci-fi genre, isn't it?

I mean I really loved Schindler's List, if you know what I mean?

>at least he tried something different.
what was "different" about this movie?
Matt Damon NOT killing guys with Bic pens and shaky cameras?
the last 30 minutes was a bunch of matthew mcconaughey spewing nonsense while he breathes heavily, then woohoo everything's all nice and fixed by future humans
and what the fuck are you going on about Fast and Furious for?

No.

The last 30 minutes went into completely hypothetical field, mixed with almost religious beliefs about higher plane beings. If you focused on Mathew's heavy breathing, instead of the important aspects of the story, I might have some news for you.
>inb4 OP is a fgt

At least make it less obvious when you're baiting. Now you just look like a moron.

are you a troll? i hope so.... neither one is similar to the other... but nice try at attempting to use the word "pretentious" in a sentence.

Zimmer's score and how he mic'd up that sick ancient pipe organ in London is the only thing good about this movie.

i'm pretty sure he meant something similar to interstellar.....

Yep and Tron was basically VR Troopers

ITT Bunch of plebs, who forgot to pay attention in physics class. Now they fail to grasp even the most basics concepts behind the movie.

Back to Marvel cinematics with you.

Interstellar and 2001 are for stoners.

If we're shifting to good believable hard SF movies like The Martian, Europa Report is awesome and Gravity is good.

No.

Gravity was a horrible boring piece of shit

I heard Europa Report is like sitting through an astrophysics lecture and Gravity is just a mystery play.

the Martian was fucking boring and gay

It was a good movie with a good soundtrack

/thread

Okay and I suppose you're gonna tell me that none of these movies are just ripping off Hackers

I kinda agree. Interstellar goes really deep into the hypothetical concepts. Martian and Gravity have their feet on the ground (pun intended haha xd).

Europa Report plays on the good ol' unpredictable solar flare/asteroid field/random technical malfunction plot, but overall wasn't half bad.

>religious beliefs
so they used the numbers 12 and 3 throughout the movie and called it the Lazarus mission, while directly explaining why they call it Lazarus, so now it has religious undertones?
about as subtle as a train wreck on a boat
and nothing about it was hypothetical
a black hole eats motherfucking stars, it'll eat you too
there's no "surviving" it, but fucking toodle-loo it just happens anyway
so deep

>i hate good things because muh angsty teenagerism

grow up kid

Allright, at first I thought you're an idiot. Now I see you're baiting, which makes me the dumb one. Wp.

>i can't actually refute a single point made in this thread so i will insult OP, now my dick is enormous and i have made intimate physical contact with a female with her consent
thanks for your valuable contribut...oh nevermind

1) Never said it was subtle.
2) Semi-religious concept is about so called "bulk beings", the ones, who created the tesseract and the wormhole. Of course the names of the mission will be based upon old mythology. Nobody is going to give the most important mission in human history some trivial ass name.
3) Gentle singularity concept.

It's as hardcore as Sci-fi gets without delving into pure fantasy.

Okay but what did any of these movies have to do with Lawnmower Man besides everything?

I NEVER SAID JIMMY NEUTRON WAS NOT REAL, LEAVE ME ALONE SPONGEBOB

2004 dawn of the dead.

>3) Gentle singularity concept.
literally goes against everything we've observed about black holes
this movie:
>here's reality
>but there's this thing we wanna do which flies in the face of reality
>let's portray it as reality in the midst of other things which we're accurately portraying so these single-digit IQs don't notice
you fell for it didn't you

You can't just make an m night shamalayan film or matrix 1 that teaches you something new and feels juvenile.

Interstellar is bad. Its an attempt but its bad.

Fucking piece of shit....

Btard going to a concert/sex party doing juvenile delinquent shit and meeting a crazy nigger who offers him drugs at the back of the fight club apartment. Not tron.

Everything that's acceptable being turned into mcdonalds for niggers. And ever even gayer shit like hobbit as a prequel to harry potter? Yeah I boycott the cinema I'm thinking of playing Russian roulette over seeing deadpool 2 for all of this year.

The fact is we have absolutely no fucking idea what happens beyond even horizon. The spaghetification (along with white holes, another universe, time travel and such..) is just one of theories, same as gentle singularity - which according to Kip Thorne requires extremely fast rotating and rather massive black hole to work.

Yeah, I fell for it, because it really fit to the story. Or would you rather see Cooper being turned into a stream of atoms and humanity dying of suffocation?

I wanted to walk out of the theatre when they gave you this karma shit about leftrightupdown hadouken on the book shelfs behind reality.

The Fight Club apartment got arsoned tho