Was this the best capeshit sequence of the year?

Was this the best capeshit sequence of the year?

Yes. Rest of the movie was pretty mundane though.

is his face cgi? why does it look so weird

he's a weird looking guy

That's just how his face looks.

Pretty nice of Marvel to give representation to the alien minority.

>DORMAMMU, I'VE COME TO BARGAIN
>DORMAMMU
>DORMAMMU
>DORMAM-
>I'VE COME T-
>DORMAMMU
>DORMAMMU

Fucking based as fuck, it really elevated an otherwise pretty meh movie.

>Was this the best capeshit sequence of the year?
>posts a .jpg

Is this out?

Not if you're in Burgerland.

The Hong Kong brawl in reverse? Yes, I'd say it was.

Please somebody explain the scene, Im intrigued but Im not paying to watch mediocre capeshit

Kaecilius did nothing wrong.

Nothing actually showed Dormammu's realm to be evil except characters saying it was. If anything it looked like some trippy LSD dimension rather than a "dark, timeless place".

>tfw dormammu starts to crack and he repeats it more triumphantly and the goal of his plan becomes clear

Holy shit this movie was fucking awful. Are Marvel shiteaters just 12 year olds in disguise?

Strange, Mordo and Wong are too late to protect the final Sanctum in Hong Kong from the bad guy, who will unleash the Dark Dimension from there. Or rather, already has. Strange uses the Eye of Agamotto (the Time gem in this continuity) to rewind time around him and Mordo (which he unsticks from the whole process) and tries to make his way to the Sanctum while the city, partially in ruins, reassembles itself around him. Unfortunately for him, though, the bad guy and his two main mooks also become unstuck from reversing time and go after Strange, Mordo and Wong (Wong even was crushed under fallen debris before the rewinding). Now they all fight while time (and soundtrack) keeps winding back around them, and they use that to their advantage... or disadvantage, depending on who's at the receiving end. This means that stuff comes flying from unforeseen angles because it had originally been propelled there by the explosion, or they shove each other behind of speeding cars.

why are you like this
Strange traps the bad guy in a time loop and the bad guy kills strange over and over until he can't take the repetition any more and listens to Strange's demands.

Civil War airport fight

The real highlight was that acolyte being caught and trapped in a fish tank that refilled itself.

>why are you like this

What do you mean?

are there any screenshots of Dormammu? I heard he looks like a bionicle

I made me yearn for Edge of Tomorrow II: The Edgening

That Strange entered the dimension, loudly proclaiming that he wanted to strike a deal and getting promptly annihilated is in no shape or form a testimony to that?

That Keacilius and his ilk were flayed alive while being dragged into the Dark Dimension was in no way, shape or form an indication that this was a correct assessment, was it?

That was great.

Why did strange bargain only for earth's safety? Dormammu is still going to fuck countless other dimensions/planets up

He traps himself in a timeloop. Dormammu remains unaffected, Strange has to repeat his action indefinitely. Yet Dormammu uses his cool about it, because he is not familiar with the concept of time.

Seeing the power of the time stone was great.

But Strange's confrontation showed that even Dormammu could be bested, and in addition to that the Ancient One showed that power could be drawn from the dark realm without corruption. Kaecilius and the zealots not only drew pwoer from the realm, but had also made an actual pact with Dormammu himself.

He looks more like the head of this guy, but under water with flames around his face.
Seriously though, the pupils are the worst part of the design. Apart from that, it's okay.

All of the fight scenes were with magical swords and magical weapons. But why couldnt they just use guns? Its not like they werent flesh and bone throughout it all. They are just chasing eachother like dumbasses, trying to swing their magical melee thing at eachother.

It looked so retarded.

Guns aren't cool.

In terms of power and magical prowess, Strange had nothing on Dormammu. He only tricked him into submission by exposing him to a force he was unfamiliar with.

I guess TOA was just better at this stuff than Master Kaecilius, who didn't even bother to steal the complete ritual. They went there with supporting wheels taken off, so to speak.

He still has training wheels on, wait until he's the true Sorcerer Supreme for him to became a true keikaku master and kick Dormammu's ass

>using uncilized weapons
Also, Kaecilius probably could've warped the shit out of any gun pointed at him. Or put up a protective shield barrier.

Is this the first time the power of a time stone was properly explained?

I swear, I still have no idea what the fuck the Aether, the mind stone and the Tesseract can really do. The power gem (?) from GotG is basically a nuclear bomb from what I gathered.

*power of an infinity stone

>Mind stone/Loki's Sceptre
Controls minds - what the sceptre was for.
Also able to hold a consciousness - see Vision.

>Tesseract/Space Stone
Creates portals through space, as seen in Avengers

>Reality Stone/Aether
-Shapes reality to the weilder's liking (to a limited extent) - See Malekith pulling himself back together after losing both arms, he also planned to plunge the universe in darkness with it.

Is the reality stone the most OP of all? Seems like you'd only need that and maybe the time stone to become the ruler of the universe.

I am not 12 years old. But I've been a fan of the comics since I was.
I've also always had something of a soft spot for Doctor Strange. I only wish he had more comics.

Do you really think that they would have the time to conjure up weapons, at the speed of a bullet? Thats some seriously tarded shit. It doesnt even look like their shields cover the body fully, and there seems to be a tactical gap between distance and close range, in the distance them not doing ANYTHING. A simple pistol to tag along when you see someone in the distance would be a logical thing to have.

It's also my main grief with the concept. Surely power over reality means control over all the forces that come with it. Guess we're just gonna have let it slide and reason that it could only change one thing at a time when used alone (light in the universe, or Malekith himself) and all things everywhere simultaneously when used in conjuncton with full set.

You mean why does it look so ...
*puts on sunglasses*
Strange.
>YYYEEEEEEAAAAHHH

In the comics it's like this

Power Gem – Increased strength and durability, enhances virtually any known superhuman ability, energy manipulation. It also supplies the other gems with their power / energies.

Time Gem – Time travel; stop, slow down or speed up flow of time; accelerate or slow down aging; see into past/future.

Space Gem – Travel through space, mostly through teleportation. Able to interfere with the motion of other objects.

Soul Gem – Observe, attack or even steal a being's soul or spirit. Also used to revert individuals to their natural state.

Reality Gem – Alters all of reality; similar to the effects of a Cosmic Cube, but much, much higher.

Mind Gem – Near-limitless psionic/psychic abilities including empathy, telepathy and telekinesis.

This movie was fucking awful, capeshit for pseudo intellectuals

All the forced humor and quips were grating

he looks like he's made of vertical stripes though.

No fun allowed.

That's from his initial design.
Granted, I'd have preferred something a little more MvC3, but that bit's actually it's in the source material.

why didn't dormie just kill strange until he gave up? he barely even tried all the ranges of torture he could've inflicted, he could've cut strange's nuts off and fed it to him.

I'm surprised they went with the space face at all. Comic movies tend to shy away from that, see green lantern and fantastic 4 silver surfer. those ended up as clouds.

The movie was fucking inconsistent.

>nice acting from Cucumbersnatch
>sick visuals
>sick designs
>awful forced quips
>bad worldbuilding
>shallow villain I couldn't care less about
>le generic evil force from another dimension
>shameless Macguffin artifacts
>shameless China pandering

The movie was meh. Still waiting for proper wizardkino.

because strange always resets, so there is no way to permanently harm him, even mentally, and hell he could propably reset time at his will anyways.

Maybe he did that, but we didn't see it. No way do I believe Dormammu had ebough after going through, what, 7 or 8 Stranges. They spent a long time in there, for sure.

NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR

Realistically how do they even stand a chance when Thanos has all of them together? I feel like they are going to do something stupid like power of friendship xd meme magic that somehow stops Thanos.

I lol'd

Thanos will be defeated by his own retardation, as always.

Hopefully he doesn't drop the gauntlet or something.

DormammuNo guns. It's a magic movie like Harry Potter

It was dumb actually. A big, dumb, fun movie. Hardly intellectual.

Golden age of comics are amazing. There was not even a hint of irony during those days.

That's from some preschooler reading excercise special issue, though. It's meant to be silly and simple. It also has the Thanoscopter.

Can we expect the Thanoscopter in Infinity War?

It made its way into Lego Super Heroes, it might as well show up in the movies.

It would be extremely painful.

I hope Dormammu becomes the new final boss of the MCU, or at least one of them, after Thanos

4 u

I'm glad Marvel is doing away with shitty mountains of cgi climaxes.

Just saw this scene and hours earlier watched sasuke danzo fight.
Strange coincidence.

The pacing got too fast after he got his montage. After that the fighting never stopped for more than a minute. I'd rather have seen more world-building.

Yeah, that's great. Civil War not ending that way was pretty surprising and also pretty great

>>shameless China pandering
And if it was somewhere in Scandinavia it would have been shameless Scandinavia pandering?
Are you sure you just aren't butthurt over the climax not being in America?

Fpbp. Just got back from this, 90% of the movie was an interdimensional twist on the usual quipfest fare, but the resolution to the big bad was genuinely clever and satisfying.

This movie was flawed for sure, but it was still a decent gem underneath. Probably top 5 in the MCU for me.

>They are putting more effort on the climaxes than in the rest of the story.

totally borrowed scene from Dr Who where Capaldi is dying over and over again

Kys

As a big Dr Strange fan, I really wish that they had made this movie quite a bit darker. One can only hope for a Dr Strange 2 where its fucking cthulu as fuck.

>where its fucking cthulu as fuck

You mean Shuma Gorath you fucking casual? Because Strange never faces Cthulu

Missed the point

let me rephrase it in non comic book terms for you since you think that just because I reference what Shuma Gorath is based off of , that I'm not aware of the character or its ties to lovecraftian literature.

Dr Strange could have been better had it borrowed from classic mysticism where it wasnt all ancient tibet, mystic codes of programming, and revamped shitty inception special effects based on some tard level tweak of a kaleidoscope and sacred geometry.

Did they have to make this movie comfy for the new audiences in order to make him relevant to the MCU? Yes.

Would it have been better if it was closer to a horror style magic flick, you bet your ass it would have been....hence cthulu/lovecraftian.

>I really wish that they had made this movie quite a bit darker
I'm pretty sure all the jokes were added during reshoots.

lel yeah, that shit was great