Convert to Christianity Sup Forums

Convert to Christianity Sup Forums.

I want to believe, but the stories are so stupid and there's no science behind it.

Can anyone save my soul and give me faith in Christ?

>inb4 Christianity was created by Jews and true Euro nationalists believe in Thor

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9XxNnSU6
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 17:20-21
peterkreeft.com/topics-more/resurrection-evidence.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can still be a "cultural christian".

Wow, this is actually pretty good. I guess I am a cultural Christian.

If you can't take the leap of faith then Christianity will do you no good. How are you supposed to do what God wants you to do, which is really hard, if you can't make that comparatively small jump? God will make you take even bigger ones.

There's a difference between knowing and believing, OP, which is something you have to get straight before you even try to find your faith. Everything rests on faith. Everything. The anchor of your day as a Christian is the time you spend with God. It centers you and puts you on the right path. If you can't feel Him then there's no point to prayer, you're just talking to yourself. You're also fucked, because no way you're avoiding hellfire if you were just lying the whole time about believing.

You are safer not believing and maybe praying to God to ask him why you can't see him. If you can't will yourself to be sincere then you're fucked. God will punish you. If you are sincere and want to believe, then keep doing this over and over again until he opens your heart to the Holy Spirit. I did this for years until I felt something.

Yeah me too. The christfags will never truly accept that, but what can you do. Acquiring faith after childhood is a pretty rare thing. They used to drug people and have weird ceremonies for that. And just pretending to have faith is wrong.

I don't care about the fairy tales, but they don't matter. I just wish society wouldn't abandon christian values and general way of life. Not without replacing it with something. Something that isn't Islam. Societies have been engineered over thousands of years; people take their culture for granted. Soon most children will be raised by single mothers and then pay taxes to support the children of other people instead of their own families. The only thing that people will know as a basis for society is capitalism and heavy taxation.

I've been a Christian since October 2014 but my brain is shot to shit from all the drugs I did in my late teens so I'm numb and messed up. I do feel like it sometimes stops me connecting with God but I know that God is not a feeling he is a fact.

Also there is no such thing as a cultural Christian, stop deluding yourself. You're either born again of the spirit or you're not.

I see where you're coming from.

I guess I just want to preserve religious values in society, especially regarding family (fidelity, having kids, monogamous heterosexual). I'm against a lot of the Old Testament stuff like beating your children though.

Jews all my life have been tricky and deceiving. Why should we believe a Jew that claimed miracles 2000 years ago. Many of his principles were stolen from buddhsim (typical jew tactic)

Here you go, an argument for the historicity of the Resurrection: pastebin.com/9XxNnSU6

A cultural Christian is about as much of a Christian as a man who calls himself a woman is a woman.

>Many of his principles were stolen from buddhsim
Such as?

I think many societies needs religion because many people have a 2 dimensional morality and need somebody to tell them how to think due to a lack of moral backbone or ability to create one's own sense of morality.

Instead of Jesus, I believe in Arminius. He was a white Germanic Northern European that fought against the Roman Empire but instead of being crucified he actually won. Roman Catholicism = Roman guilt.

>God is not a feeling he is a fact.
maybe you should google/wikipedia search the word Fact and find out what it means.

Germanic civilization was pretty lame compared to Greco-Roman civilization.

That's OK, never call me a christian. It's offensive. "Cultural christian" is tolerable though.

Science and belief in a deity are mutually exclusive. You cannot falsify a deity thus trying to bring science into the equation makes you an ignoramus.

>there's no science behind it.

yeah, and you know why?

BECAUSE THE CHURCH ISN'T A FUCKING SCIENCE CLUB, YOU FUCKING ATHEIST HERETIC RETARD

science is not the priority or primary function of religion. why do atheist plebs never understand that?

Why are Roman Catholics so rude?

Unless your religious text make a scientific statement that is disproved by science.

e.g. Muh flat Earth

Well for one he said the Kingdom of God is within you; in Buddhism you look within yourself to find serenity

The Bible seldom makes scientific statements, it's considered with religious dogma more than materialist data.

*among you. The Church is the Kingdom of God.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke 17:20-21

KEK™: the religion

>THE CHURCH IS NOT A SCIENCE CLUB!

The Bible states that a God created the world. There is no proof to back up this statement.

The Bible also make other scientific statements that are false. (e.g. Leviticus: insects have 4 legs, ).

Jesus is the original SJW

Arminius was Skanderbeg before Skanderbeg was ever born

Idk @OP I tend to lean towards Calvinism, I sincerely think that some people just arent destined to join God's flock.

Crusades were a total failure that only achieved giving Constatinople to Turks...

Because the science doesn't matter. The Bible is about ways to lead a virtuous life and to find God.
You don't need science for that.

did you even understood my post, you cretin?

Cucktians churches all over the world host muslim invader hordes.

>science
>religion

You need to not interfere with science. Creationists are cretins. Denying evolution is stupid.

This is being encouraged on purpose to progressively eliminate christian culture from society. Your religion will not survive if it insists on being so backward. So many of you are falling for it. Islam will get a free pass though somehow.

If you somehow have to believe the creation myths literally, then you need to doublethink or keep it to yourself. Many people cannot believe in them literally; you have to accept that because things are not going back.

Similarly, atheists need to stop attacking religion just because it doesn't make scientific sense. It is not necessarily being anti-scientific just because of that. The neckbeard meme helped greatly reducing that (on the Internet at least). Most atheists are cultural christian to some extent and probably don't even realize it.

Christcucks are welcoming refugees and cooperate with jews to get as much of them to the west as they can.

I know, I'm saying the Greek word used here means among. "Within you" works with the KJV, because it uses Early Modern English, and "you"is therefore plural "thee". So "within you" means "in your midst" in Early Modern English. But contemporary English would require a different rendering, because unlike Greek and Early Modern English, we don't have singular-plural distinctions of those pronouns. It's like "in your family" or "in your group".

Not only christianity failed and is dying, it also betrayed west, its civilization and white people.

You should first make an honest effort to understand what you seem to dismiss out of hand.
There absolutely are good reasons to believe in Christianity:
peterkreeft.com/topics-more/resurrection-evidence.htm

This word is a promise, though not without conditions: “If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

God bless, OP!

God is both a fact and a feeling.

You should feel a warmth and a sense of peace when you pray, it should be a tranquil space/time inside of you where you can seek refuge from the day. This is given to you completely by the grace of God.

>creating a Christendom
>setting a precedence which was later used to defend Europe from the Ottomans

lel yeah a total failure

How can a religion that makes a false statement be true?

What do you mean?

>science
>faith

pick one. God will give you more than enough opportunity, even subtle things. but you yourself will need to find Jesus.
read the bible

>what are ID's

man, you people get baited so hard
ignore him and the thread, he's op

>You need to not interfere with science

have I ever said it has to intefere with it?
I'm only pointing out to that autistic OP faggot that religion doesn't have the role of a science club within society. Religion is about "spiritual guidance" and finding peace about not knowing what happens after death through the means of faith.. that's literally the reason why religion is a thing.

and it's not about if dead-in-the-water plain scientific fact knowledge applies, is falsible or true. Religion has a different role in society. So don't piss on it with logical fallacies. that's not the point of religion and never was. churches are no research centres or universities. they occasionally helped science in the past though.
but nice retard assumptions thinking I must be a creationist just because I pointed out that atheists virtually know nothing about religion and its purpose.

DAILY REMINDER:

Christians are required to love their enemies. Either you turn the other cheek or you are not a true christian.

Love Your Enemies
Matthew 5:39-40
You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well;

Christianity is the most cucked religion ever, traitor of the west and downfall of western civilization.

The Bible has scientific contradictions.

In the field of medicine, the Bible says in the book of Leveticus, Ch. No.14, Verse No.49 to 53 - it gives a novel way for disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy… disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy. It says that… ‘Take two birds, kill one bird, take wood, scale it - and the other living bird, dip it in water… and under running water - later on sprinkle the house 7 times with it. Sprinkle the house with blood to disinfect against plague of leprosy? If anything, blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, as well as toxins.

How can the Bible be truly from God if it makes this false statement. I guarantee you this has cured no one of leprosy.

>assumptions thinking I must be a creationist
Nah, I didn't mean you. I meant generally.
It makes sense the way you look at it, but a lot of people aren't able to separate and reconcile the two when they conflict (mostly due to literal interpretation I guess).

I love my enemies, that doesn't mean I'm going to invite and urge heretics to come to my Christian world, take over, and impose their heathenism. That has never, ever been the Christian way. You're talking about personal wrongs and injuries, which is quite another matter.

Wow, way to rip something out of context. The entire preceding section (which you skipped) is about clinical purification, whereas that is about making atonement in case the issue is a punishment from God (verse 53).

C'mon, man

Is it really out of context? What good will killing two birds and using their blood do?

Can you explain this verse to me? I don't want to fuck it up in the future.

This wasn't lazar's disease. It must have been some sort of bacterial/fungal infection that infested homes as well as people. This wasn't a remedy as you describe, rather a ceremonial cleansing. Some cleansings involved certain herbs, which again we don't know for sure what they were, but oregano seems to have been one. The healing/antimicrobial properties of oregano have recently been promoted in lots of places.

The blood is purely for atonement, it's a ritual to cleanse the contamination caused by wrongdoing. Many cultures did this, Greek soldiers, returning from war, often had to be purified with animal blood by priests. It's not meant as a disinfectant. The preceding chapter is, but this part is an atonement procedure, as verse 53 makes clear.

preceding *part of the chapter

That is, it deals first with disinfecting the house, then it deals with appeasing God in case the plague was punishment for wrongdoing.

Thanks for telling me guys. Glad I didn't say this in public.

Hey how is the bible not just an even more boring Lord of the Rings?