Is the prevalence of beards and tattoos the dying scream of masculinity...

Is the prevalence of beards and tattoos the dying scream of masculinity? Feminism managed to finally break western men once and for all, and that trend is the instinctual response of cucked numales clinging to the last shards of their manliness they have left.

No, dickhead, it's just the current trending fashion. When the next big cultural influencing happens fashion will shift again.

No, it's just a 40-50 year cycle.

Pretty much

They're needing something to distinguish themselves from females and the feminist agenda, and a beard is the answer.

Kinda funny that no tats and beard means you're the "rebellious" one/outcast nowadays.

Nah, it's too predictable for this to be the case. Expect solitary mustaches to make a resurgence in the next ten years or so.

i said the same thing to my barber last week. he agreed.

>Expect solitary mustaches to make a resurgence in the next ten years or so.
Only a very small percentage of white men can pull this off though. The pedo/creepy association with moustaches is too strog.

You'd have said the same about crazy hicks and beards 15 years ago.

Was that before or after he threatened to slit your throat for being white?

>You'd have said the same about crazy hicks and beards 15 years ago.

The difference being that it's easier to reshape a redneck stereotype than it is to reshape a child molester stereotype.

Believe what you want, but just you remember what that anonymous guy on the internet said in ten years.

Aren't those ironic beards used by nu-male cucks?

How do these fags have enough test to grow such thick surly beards?

Don't worry senpai I have a good memory. Don't get me wrong though, I can grow a killer beard and wouldn't mind sporting a moustache if it became more accepted to do so.

Just a trend.

Remember the Biebs hair trend? The Mullet in the 80's? These things just happen this one will blow over. It has nothing to do with being masculine or trying to prove it and everything to do with trying to be anti trendy while following a trend.

>lumberjack beard
>but styled hair
>suit
>no socks

In the chopper, son.

>people are now hating on beards because of ultra groomed trendy hipster beards

fuck off faggots, beards are still manly as fuck as long as you don't wear it like a cunt

i'm willing to bet they are using horse shampoo.

Remember this experience with rats in a limited space with unlimited food? Male kept taking care of their pelt.

That guy looks really fucking retarded. It's like he dressed up to do a YouTube skit or something.

In order to understand the hipster faux-lumberjack "masculinity", it's important to put fashion into its proper historical context.

For years prior to the beard coming back into style, men's fashion was consistently moving toward an aesthetic popularly referred to as "metrosexual". There was a huge emphasis on grooming, on cleanliness, and on looking like a pampered urbanite. All the traditional markers of masculinity and dimorphism were cast aside to achieve this aesthetic.

The late aughts brought with them a quest for "authenticity" among the taste-making urbanites. A popular theory is that the economic downturn forced many millennials and Gen-Xers to stop chasing the high-fashion aesthetics of the modern city. Lots of younger males were broke and living in gentrified hipster enclaves. Necessity (and timing) coalesced and formed the basis for the style you're seeing dominate the mainstream at the moment.

I think the unsightly caricature of masculinity (the tattoos, the beard, the well-coiffed undercut) is less about political realities and more about the evolution of fashion. Men are not making any grand statement (consciously or sub-consciously) with their fashion choices: they're trying to look as smartly-dressed and stylish as their budget will allow.

In the early 2000s, Brooks Brothers was ubiquitous among urban males. Now it's beyond the price range of many debt-addled men. They opt instead for a less polished, more earthy look.

This will eventually give way. What follows in its wake is anyone's guess. Perhaps a return to the androgyny of the 1980s.

In any event, I don't think feminism created this. I think the hipster ethos (combined with a deep recession) played a much larger part.

Serious question, how old are you?

beards are like tattoos and leathers, passively screaming LOOK AT ME, I'M A MAN, I'M A BIG STRONG MAN because they have nothing else masculine going on

The beautiful ones.

the only reason I have a beard is because it's fucking annoying to shave every day

but then it gets itchy as fuck and I have to shave to keep my sanity

ratopolis was the name of it, made by a research team from Quebec if my memories don't suck too much

consequently, i've never been intimidated by a man with a beard. like, ever. not even the 300lb lineboss at work. there's something really primal about it, an instinctive "he's hiding behind that beard." it's why absolutely nobody is scared of hipsters or metalheads

post a picture of an intimidating man with a beard and tats. not some cartoon character bad guy, but a guy who'd actually intimidate you down to the gut. they don't exist

/thread
holy shit an intelligent post on Sup Forums

I had a beard nearly ten years ago.
I'll still have one in another ten years.
Fuck your fashion and trends.

For most of the 20th century having a full beard was considered a sign of being low class, or an unkempt slacker or degenerate. Only now that your ways of expressing masculinity became more and more limited beards made a comeback.

I do hide behind a beard.I had a stoke last year and one side never stopped drooping.

you don't need to "express" masculinity

you should exude it

Seeing liberals with bears is the most polarizing thing ever

"you should exude it"

Well said limey bro

this

>Is the prevalence of beards and tattoos the dying scream of masculinity?
no it just looks good on some guys and hides weak jawlines on others

clean shaven became fashionable after ww1. Men had to shave so gas masks could fit over their heads. when the heroes came back after the war they were clean shaven, the look of heroes.

my barber is white bro. i get free beer while i wait. best thing since sliced bread.

Any kind of hair on yer head or face is 4 losers

>grow beard for many years
>before reddit and Sup Forums ever existed
>nu-male bitch niggers everywhere sporting beards
>random faggots on reddit and Sup Forums lump me in with these cum-swilling sycophants

You all should have intercourse with a meat grinder.

you've got a point there

>no tats and beard means you're the "rebellious" one/outcast nowadays.
Fucking shit, I don't wanna get lumped in with this lot

Why give a fuck about what others think?
I have had a beard since I was 15 shaving clean about once a year and every day during my time of military service.

If you dont want to feel like a numale dont act like one.

>Feminism managed to finally break western men once and for all

The opposite user. I used to be a white knight pro feminist male for quite a time because i wasn't manly but weak before i joined. I needed all that safe zones and shit.

Over time Feminism clearly showed me, how fucked up and even weaker you become when you rely on safe spaces, discuss triggers all day and all that shit.

I actually LEARNED to VALUE manliness and masculine behavior. How it makes you superior. How it helps you to achieve things in life.

I dropped out a few weeks ago and rapidly change right now. I'm growing balls. I become a men!

So, thanks feminism for awaking my manliness.
Your constant man-hating hardened me and without you i probably had stayed the girlish cryboy my mom rose me to.

Men of Sup Forums

is pic related haircut still a thing in your country?
it is in mine and i tell you there is nothing worst than seeing a sea of ugly men with this hairstyle.
even if a good looking man had this i would instantly think he has an IQ below 50

hair related

Not everyone has lice here. You should try it some time, makes a huge difference.

I bet you wore a fedora too. Doing it before it got ragged on doesn't mean you aren't part of the problem.

It's just a messy and badly-styled version of the classic undercut

nothing wrong with the hairstyle.

I grow a beard for two reasons:

I wanna be Gandalf

I'm lazy

>tfw you're unique for the fact that you have none of these. No tattoos, piercings, body mods, hair dye, nothing

Fuck, I hate the faggoty ass neighborhood I work in. Pinko, Jew, hipster Bernout Special Snowflake FAGGOTS, as far as the eye can see.

JESUS CHRIST NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was a thing when macklemore did it well, the longer version of it. then brad too
but it should have ended 2 years ago.

if youre not a soldier, then you should be growing and enjoying your hair.

pic related

>suit
>no socks
Fucking REEEEEEEEEEEE

are you implying you want to be a wizard or that you are gay?

I have this haircut. Just grow the top out, shave sides, get a good old fashioned pomade.

Nigga, you never seen Miami Vice?

Yes

>Just grow the top out, shave sides, get a good old fashioned pomade.

how to make a hipster 101

I have a beard because I am too lazy to shave.

They're part of a costume. They're the same as faggots who think wearing a fedora will make them some classy man from the 30's. A beard is not going to make you a man. Not being a cuck will.

>All the traditional markers of masculinity and dimorphism were cast aside to achieve this aesthetic

How so?

Are you actually aware of historical fashion?

Taken as you've described it, I could easiy be reading about Victorian male fashion.

A big Ol' dick n balls

The descendants of weaklings, easily spotted by such trends. They'll look as ridiculous in photos twenty years from now as their parents did in their hideous 70s bell-bottoms, 80's aqua-net white-fros, and 90's atrocious neon Saved by the Bell fashion.

>men begin to ironically wear face hair
>feel empowered by masculinity
>higher testosterone
>manly outcomes
>masculinity no longer ironic
>feminists confused and turned in
>fuck men unironically
>make babies
>cook food and clean clothes

Natural order restored

how does beard smell like?

What? It's usually proto-masculine hipsters and art school democrats sporting beards these days. As for tattoos, women get them almost as much as men do, except for prisoners.

Foreign legion sappers are encouraged to grow beards.

Motor oil, cigars and entrails of weaker men. The only correct smell

Let me guess, South California?

>tfw hair grows very fast
>grow a beard every month
>shave it the next
>every woman i know gets pissed every time i change and demand i pick one or the other
>continue doing whatever the fuck i want

Who cares? You're a man. Wear your face how you want.

hmm i thought it would smell like dried spit and sweat. or kind of like how wet armpits smell

Beards can be cool as fuck if you maintain one well.

Plus, facial hair goes through cycles. Just look at our Presidents.
>Washington through Monroe
Clean shaven
>Quincy through Tyler
Sideburns
>Polk through Buchanan
Clean shaven
>Lincoln through Garfield
Beards
>Garfield through Taft
Mustaches
>Wilson to present
Clean shaven

Facial hair will make a comeback. Let's just hope that it isn't something retarded like sideburns and mustache but no beard.

Beard is for insecure men

Lucky ass nigger. It takes my beard forever to grow, but I can get a neckbeard out in 2 weeks.

My only saving grace is that I have sideburns like no one's business. If I just go reclusive for like 7 months, I could have a pretty decent beard to go along with them.

Go swim with the dead and shit in the street.

Krasinski in 13 Hours actually looks better with a beard due to the baby face.

ngl that's a bad cut bro.

It needs to be cut lower down otherwise you'll look like an iced gem. Also your jawline isn't defined enough to have that cut without a beard, grow a beard to hide that weak jawline and you'll look better. Also dry and style it using a hairdryer to get a bit more volume in it.

Kentucky, all of places.

Louisville is like this bastion of cuckery and niggers that is a blight on this state. Once you get out in the country side though, you're golden.

Its a lot harder to have the facial aesthetics for a moustache. Me with just moustache looks like nigel thornberry on safari for eight year olds

I always knew that cities are cancer even in based parts of the country

You need the Tom Selleck gene to rock the stache IMO

Bullshit. It's basically a fashion trend, and according to a research paper I've recently read it goes in cycles: first clean-shaved is the norm, then some men try to distinguish themselves by growing facial hair, then more and more do the same, then facial hair becomes the new norm, then some men try to distinguish themselves by shaving clean an so on.

I just shave once a week. It is enough. Plus women prefer the 5 o'clock shadow over the beard or baby smooth. Plus then I do not look like a hobo.

now we even have bearded women