Shaved head characters

I'm having a debate about what it means when TV character shave their head. I think it means that they're accepting or even embracing their inner savagery. Anybody got any other examples?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TCLgLCz6G4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Riz Ahmed in the night of

the obvious one is walt from breaking bad

Why does baldness represent evil or change, when did this start

I guess, Nosferatu?

both were under extreme emotional stress, pretty sure shaving their head was them feeling like they had some controls over their lives

*rubs head*

M'ASK YOU SUMTHIN

It's based upon the subconscious fear of male pattern baldness.

The only good Dr Who

*sniff* Mask you somthin *rubs head* ey what u thank huh? *sniff*

I thought he shaved his head because Otis tore a chunk of his hair out.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TCLgLCz6G4

royal tenenbaums

yeah he felt like a real human being. I'd get back into that shit show if he came back.

anotha one.

Solomon Kane.

Ancient Greeks would shave their heads and faces when a loved one died
It was to indicate a person grieving and also symbolised the long process of recovery (as beards and long hair can take years to regrow on full size)
Later on many societies would shave heads as punishment to indicate that someone have commited a shamefull act
Lastly soldiers shave their heads for practical reasons since the roman times

So yes it symbolizes a passage, a great change, but necessarily savagery or evil

For women who shave their hair/cut it short, it's usually a sign that they endured extreme psychological stress and are trying to move past it. Not just in movies, but irl too.

>but necessarily
but not*

Fucking keked

>it means that they're accepting or even embracing their inner savagery

How? they savages don't have shaving tools, for me lon hair and beard are much more fitting for this

What's it mean when someone shaves their pubes?

This, Otis tore a chunk of his hair out and he was doing everything he can to lie about what happened. I wouldn't doubt the head shaving was partially symbolic, but there was in fact a practical purpose.

Main characters in this is england film

what did he mean by this?

Wrong thread, you stupid faggot.

What's it mean they don't shave anything else besides their pubes "just in case."

thanks

I shave my head mainly because I'm done peacocking. Grown men shouldn't waste their time styling their hair. It's a feminine trait.

why are bald men portrayed as evil tho? like, except for jason statham, most villains and henchmen are bald. why are bald guys seen as evil?

t. bald guy

The 2011 Ralph Fiennes version of "Coriolanus" is probably the best version of this.

That's not necessarily true, there are plenty of protagonists who start off bald or shaved (Bruce Willis in Die Hard, Jason Statham in pretty much every movie he's in (although I don't think he has much of a choice, Jake Gyllenhaal in End of Watch). I think what OP is trying to discern is what it means for a character who began with a full head of hair to suddenly lop it all off. There's definitely a thematic reason to having a head shaving scene in tv/film, and 99% of the time indicates a change in the mentality for the character, usually for the negative; personally I think it's usually a negative thing because in western society we associate a shaved head with violence, whether its from the military as another user mentioned earlier or even things such as the skinhead culture.

TELL ME ABOUT SHANE
WHY DOES HE M'ASK YOU SUMTHIN

was this actually a good movie?

>shaving a hairpiece

This scene from Vikings comes to mind, it happens after Athelstan dies I believe.

It's excellent, Shakespeare in his Sup Forums phase.

im not white dude, but i will download anyway. im a fan of ralph fiennes

my niger