Hey Sup Forums, I am a 21 year old audio engineer. AMA

Hey Sup Forums, I am a 21 year old audio engineer. AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKoXNMZz7UU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how can i start making music without spending any money reeeeeeeee

You could get a good grasp on music composition through websites such as looplabs. You can select pre written samples and construct music there.

How does it feel that your job will be gone in a few years when automatic generated music is fully developed?

On a scale of 1-10, how many cocks have you sucked?

So, unemployed...

Autogen Music is a funny idea. In theory it could work. However. Automating faders and constructing music creates the warm human feeling that cannot be replaced. Kinda how music now is all shit compared to times before the digital code for mp3s were written. I mean I suppose I feel like everyone does about the whole “what happens when robots and computers can do all this?” People will prefer what they will, I don’t doubt that I will still have clients, not everyone will like autogen music

Really good question though

I work for a production company and part time for a university

so, intern student. unemployed

Nope. Self taught and sought after by the university. Wouldn’t spend cash on education for the entertainment business lol I’m not stupid

Why are you assholes pegging the meter with compression and shit and making music with no dynamic range whatsoever?

How high should the sampling rate go? Does it really fucking matter after CD quality. Also your opinion on spatial audio

soundcloud?

There’s actually a really interesting video on how/why music is being over compressed and produced. Has to do with people liking the familiarity of the tracks so they’ll sell more to the masses who don’t notice. Think it’s like “why today’s music sucks” or something like that. It’s a long video but worth the watch

>Self taught and sought after by the university.
bullshit unless the university is absolutely a shithole

Get a cracked version of reason 5.

I don’t write music, I man the board for live performances. But I suggest Samsa for SoundCloud

It probably explains why vinyl made a comeback. CDs don't have much dynamic range to begin with, and the spec is fucked. I just wish my music didn't have to sound like NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER all the time.

Nope. I’ve had experience installing with my father. The dean asked me to run FOH for the proforming arts

The boards I use are at 48k for the sampling rate. But seems like everything is moving to 96k this year. It’s insane but it’s nothing humans can hear. And it would depend on if the cd was mp3 Or wav. IE Metallica’s hardwired to self destruct, the main album was in WAV and the bonus was in mp3

Oh god a like mind lol I completely agree

Favorite vsts?

The all in one pack subscription by slate. Very nice tones from the selection. Wide variety of EQs and comps. As well as various other fun toys

What's your favorite brand of studio speaker?

Dolby but for price point, Mackie

What about PA speaker?

I currently use DB techs, but I love EAWs

Hehe spotted the amateur tbh, you don't know the shit you're talking about. LPs sound better because they have LESS dynamic range

what do you think is the most well produced album out of the ones you've heard? personally i think transaction de novo by bedhead has really interesting production. crazy shit like having two basslines going at once with the same mic or like, only having a room mic and not mic'ing the amp

youtube.com/watch?v=oKoXNMZz7UU

Depends on the production. I get what he means. Correct terms or not

Honestly. Tool, anything by Pink Floyd. And Michael Jackson, they didn’t use any compression on his vocals and that just blows my mind

i gotcha. what are some of your favorite records?

tbh anything by justin bieber or katy perry.

The devil and god are raging inside me. Science fiction both by Brand New. Anything by Michael Knott. Anything by Pink Floyd. Anything by SRV and Johnny cash. I love Tom Petty too

ofcourse you wouldn't

you spent your parents' money instead

How do you feel about lo-fi stuff like early Ween and Tall Dwarfs?

i see i see

Nope again. I never went to college. I’ve read a lot and learned in field.

what track did you engineer?

See below

I like some good lofi. Good on a chill afternoon

What was your first job? I’m in school learning right now but I want a part time job at a studio

I do live engineering and production. I’ve ran sound for Juda and the Lion, Whisky Myars and Ray Wylie Hubbard

I’ve worked with a live production company for a few years with my father. I suggest reading up on as much as you can. Subbing to good podcasts like ask JV, or the audio lounge, then looking for a parting job at the school

I didn’t go to school. I didn’t have the money and already had good connections for the live audio standpoint. I’m working on studio connections right now