Why was X-Men Apocalypse so terrible?

Did I ever tell you about the time Magneto was so upset about his family's death that he destroyed half the Earth and killed millions of people?

Ancient Egypt was the best part.

Because Apocalypse should've been the X-Men's Thanos and been a recurring villain. Introducing and killing him in the same film lowers the stakes and investment.

Also, he was both poorly cast, voiced and costumed.

Too much stuff going on. Everything felt shoehorned. It was tonally all over the place. And it was dumb.

X-Man fights are so lame...

No Jackman, no Stewart.

>No Jackman

lol why are you in this thread if you haven't watched it?

Why cant they get Storm right, is it that hard

fuck you I liked it

>Making Jlaw Mystique
>Making her the main fucking character of Age of Apocalypse
>No Mr Sinister

Magneto is an edgy anime kid. Apocalypse is a one-note villain. Quiksilver's daddy arc was stupid. The cast was shit. It would have been a good movie if it was made during 90s and had to compete with Batman and TMNT

These two.
It is like some wacky alternate universe where villains can show up randomly, kill millions in world-wide devastating events and then it is never talked about again.
It works perfectly single movies, but with this whole cinematic universe it feels so insignificant.
CUs are cancer.

Apocalypse's Storm shits all over Halle Berry, and let's face it, Singer doesn't know shit about the X-Men or their personalities even after all this time, he can't even get Cyclops' powers right.

because you're a pleb.

it was truly popcorn-kino

>liking undercuts
>not liking Halle's storm

Singer has lost it. Logan will be the kino we deserve and a worthy successor to X2

>liking undercuts

You mean a mohawk, like what Storm has had in the comics since forever? Halle Berry is a shit actor and an even more shit Storm, turn off your nostalgia.

For the same reason Days of Future Past wasn't as good as First Class.

Bryan Singer doesn't make particularly good X-Men movies.

Days of Future Past was better than First Class and X2 is the best X-Men movie to date

Mohawks are trash m8, and you can't really say they should use her new design, when they still use old designs for 90% of the cast still. Old storm best storm, get over it homo.

>and you can't really say they should use her new design

it's not a new design fuckface, she had the mohawk in the 80s, reading fucking comprehension. Halle's pixie cut wasn't exactly Storm either so continue being wrong.

its not
xmen apocalypse is kińó
or if you want
plebfilter
go back to your marvlelcuck flicks

>since the 80's
This is from "97
You can watch how I roasted you in the upcoming doc: "You: debunked"

>why are all comic-book movies shit?
FIXED

X-men really only has one idea

Xavier vs Magneto aka MLK vs malcolm X

they streched it out masterfully over 2 movies but once they tried to expand beyond that the narrative fell flat on its face.

Singer put more time and energy and money into finding the most prime fuccbois for his movie that there wasnt any room for Jlaws blue paint in the budget.

>kills millions of people and destroys an entire city
>"It's okay my old friend, I forgive you yet again. Can't wait to see you in the next X-Men™: Sequel 23 by 20th Century Fox Studios

Now what the fuck is Charles going to do when normies come to him telling that mutants are a blight and dangerous?

Fucking magneto made several international holocausts.

What the fuck was the excuse for not having Sinister in this?

>made several international holocausts.
Just evening up the score bud.

not the guy you've been replying to, but this is from '86
It might be a lot to comprehend, but different artists draw characters differently.

gotta be closer to billions, surely

they are testing how little they can get away with in terms of budget and writing

this movie looked like shit and was written like shit, all the money went into jlaw worthless acting

can you fucking remember how good xmen 1 and 2 were compared to this?

Doesn't mean it isn't inferior, nerd, get over it. It's okay to be mad, just let it go this time man its okay

nothing should have went wrong
it was supposed to be a continuation from the last movie right?

Loved this. I dunno why... combination of ridiculous excess and hokey charm to it.

Apocalypse was a great villain.

I'm not mad but if you want to believe that so you can mark it on your "jimmies rustled today" whiteboard, by all means.

Second post best post. Could have used another half hour or so of apoc chilling, doing Egypt stuff, fighting ancient Egyptian mutants and the like.

The ending though was really shitty. I know sophie turner is on game of thrones and all that shit but Jesus Christ, find another jean grey she's just awful.

>apocolypse wants to destroy the world for no reason but needs his four horsemen for no reason who join him for no reason and jean and NEETsilver are powerful enough to instakill every villain but dont for no reason and stryker has tech to nullify their powers but doesnt use it on the villains for no reason and the emotional touchstone of the finale is quicksilver doesnt tell magneto hes his son for no reason but he still turns back to the side of good for no reason and then xavier lets him off on killing millions of people for no reason for no reason

great stuff

they say it in the movie, the 3rd is always the worst

>I'm not mad
Mad confirmed

saving him for le next movie as le hinted at in le after credits scene

dofp has no replay value

>first class in comfy as fuck

>"storm hasn't had a mohawk since the 80's, see?"
>someone posts Storm with a mohawk in the 80's
>"w-well that version is inferior, you're just buttblasted"

????????????????

Lmao nerd you've already been devastated, give up, better go out and try to get laid (you won't) lmao.

You have yet to prove any of my points wrong. You said she has had a Mohawk since the 80s. I gave a 97 pic of her without one. Clearly she hasn't had a Mohawk since the 80's. Give up m8.

BTFO
T
F
O

>yfw Magneto destroys Auschwitz

First Class looks like a B movie

>yfw Magneto destroys Auschwitz

>Mfw the couple behind me started to cry uncontrollably
>Mfw they were in their late 20s and we are in fucking mexico

Hopefully Logan will break that rule

which timeline is that one anyways? is it the new old timeline with stewart where everything is fine?
or a new new timeline where that other xavier got old?

First Class is overrated. It's pretty bad, actually, apart from McAvoy and Fassbender.

>Xmen cartoon from the 90s did the story of DOFP and AoA better than these movies in less screen time

Fucking embarassingm

Do people really care? I know I don't. I just want a good Wolverine movie with a western feel.

>kills millions of people

Did he? I'm probably not remembering it right, because I haven't seen the film since my girlfriend made me watch it in the cinema, but didn't he just fuck up a lot of metal things around the world? When it showed Sydney and New York getting their metal disintegrated, it was pretty slow, so people would have been able to get out of the way of collapsing buildings and the like. How did he kill millions?

There's reasons for all of these tho

Title character was a limp dick - they completely wasted him
Ditto for Archangel
Weapon X was neat, but it felt very shoehorned and it torpedoed the rest of the movie
But I still kind of liked it