Why do pretentious art kids and rockists only like Southern Hip-Hop and Memphis Hip-Hop?

Why do pretentious art kids and rockists only like Southern Hip-Hop and Memphis Hip-Hop?

>like
*pretend to like

because they think east coast shit is boring and west coast shit is corny

Let's guess, you don't like Memphis hip-hop? Btw, you can say this for any genre. If it's something electronic, just replace rockist with Nu-male. If its emo, math-rock, or indie, put both rockist and Nu-male.

For instance, "why do only pretentious art kids, and numales love IDM?"

This isn't true.

Rockists and pretentious art kids like Wu Tang first and foremost, so get it right.

aww did somebody call your favorite boom bap rapper boring little guy :(

>Those "avant" RYM account that has Underground Vol 1 as 4 stars or above

Literally fuck them.

this. Op just seems mad that people like things he doesn't

List of rappers that pretentious art kids/rockists listen to

>Nas
>Wu-Tang Clan (especially GZA)
>2Pac
>Biggie
>OutKast
>SpaceGhostPurrp
>Three 6 Mafia (especially Scarecrow and Koopsta)
>Eminem
>DJ Shadow
>Death Grips
>A Tribe Called Quest
>Kendrick Lamar
>Kanye West
>Beastie Boys
>Aesop Rock
>Mos Def
>Deltron 3030 (or at least Del)
>The Roots
>Run the Jewels
>Big L
>MF Doom
>Odd Future (especially Tyler and Earl)
>UGK
>Brockhampton
>Digable Planets
>Lil B
>Chief Keef
>Kid Cudi
>Chance the Rapper (pre-Coloring Book only)
>Young Thug
>Travis Scott
>Milo
>Denzel Curry
>J. Cole
>Lil Uzi Vert (post-LUV is Rage only)
>Redman

Wow, you're right OP, this list is OVERWHELMINGLY southern.

>post-LUV is Rage only
shit i meant post-Purple Thoughtz only

Because all rap with breakbeats sucks ass. Breaks are so stale and boring that if you exhaled sharply on them a cloud of dust would rise into the air. New York rap smells like moldy and musty ass couch cushions.

Young Thug is the GOAT though

I only like ironic hip-hop (now that I think about it, it's all ironic hip-hop)

This. Jay Z is fucking cancer who offered up his asshole to music executives in exchange for riches

>no LUM, cLOUDDEAD, dalek, or clipping
also DJ Shadow isn't a rapper

I would say that east coast boom bap sounds like it belongs in a museum, but would imply that it's worth preserving.

i like all the hip hop

not him but every lum fan i met was some drug dealer or a guy/girl who was buddies with a drug dealer.

Imagine being so much of a faggot you don't like breakbeats.

Most pretentious art kids I know like Kanye West, Chance The Rapper, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Frank Ocean, Tyler The Creator, BROCKHAMPTON, Earl Sweatshirt, Danny Brown, Run The Jewels, etc.

Breaks are literally the most basic rhythm in existence. They're good in jungle or in the hands of a skilled funk drummer, because they're used as a foundation to build bigger ideas off of.

In the context of hip hop the only thing they signify is the producer's total dearth of ideas. It doesn't get any more boring than a basic ass breakbeat tapped out on a shitty drum machine. Even Wu-Tang is guilty of this.

Wow, literally the most popular rap music coming out currently, amazing
It's almost like 'most' people listen to popular music, fucking revolutionary

My nigga that's all of them

There's a reason they were used so much, because they sound fucking good. Using breakbeats was the grown out of not having instruments to play on. They sound a trillion times better than the stupid ass trap kits everyone uses now. Give me synthetic substitution over that any day.

I love those and also CunninLynguists, dalek and lum
am i an artsy rockist yet

Dissonance, interesting/"deep" production, and funk. There's some good east/west coast but it really mostly sounds the same, too much emphasis on the hip hop sound, so it's just dilluted jazz or funk with a beat. Boring. Shameless art fag that likes chopped and screwed far far more than any other hip hop reporting in.