How can I convince my mother that I don't need to see a psychologist? Before anyone asks...

How can I convince my mother that I don't need to see a psychologist? Before anyone asks, I'm 27 and living with my mother. No, I'm not unemployed and living in the basement. I do have a job and I'm still living at home because after my father died I didn't want to leave her on her own.

I'm also a big anime fan and a couple months ago I decided to get myself a dakimakura and a slightly lewd cover (exposed chest) for it with my favorite anime girl, Shinobu from the Monogatari series (yes, it's her young version). Best decision I've made in my life, the pillow is super comfortable and I get to sleep with Shinobu every night now, it couldn't possibly be better.

Well until she found it yesterday. I was gone for the day, went hiking with a friend, and when I came back she told me that she had decided to clean the whole house thoroughly and of course she had started with the bedrooms. I keep it under my bed in the large drawer and of course she had found it it there.

She was visibly upset about it, said that she had no idea that I was interested in stuff like that and called it gross. She also implied that it was the reason I had never been in a long term relationship and now wants me to see a psychiatrist because she's worried about certain tendencies I might have, which I really don't have though.

I tried to explain to her calmly my stance and that it's just anime merchandise of a favorite character of mine who is actually not a little girl but a 500 year old vampire, but she wouldn't listen. Then I tried explaining to her that no, I am not a pedo, I'm a lolicon. And there's a difference. She still wouldn't listen and now she insists on me seeing a psychiatrist while I don't see the reason for it at all.

How should I proceed from here, maybe to change her mind about it?

Um. After reading this faggotry, I suggest you see the psychologist.

Psychologist. Now.

Fuck off normies.

Any normal advice?

Ok listen, you should go see a psychiatrist. I do not mean to tell you that you are mentally ill, but it never really is a bad thing to talk to someone about your problems, big or small. If there is nothing wrong with you and everything is fine as you say, the psychiatrist will concur and you no longer have to see them. Otherwise it is a good thing that you get the help you need with possible problems in your life. Take care of yourself and listen to the people around you. Sometimes they see things you can't.

Yeah. Go see the fucking psychologist.

You have separated a sexual perversion of minors into 2 categories.

Look, I like anime as well. But that's just fucking weird man.

But going there is like admitting you have a mental disorder.

It really isn't. Many people go to psychiatrists over rather mundane problems. Such as grief, trouble finding work, or anger management.

Get help before it turns worse. Its never too late. Dont be scared user.

Or, alternatively. If you go there and the Doctor clears you, you're golden.

If your mom is recently a widow, she's going to be a little over protective at first. Happened to me when my dad died. I drank too much and harpooned some land whales in my mid-20's. My mom showed concern as well.

Bump because OP seems to have left us.

>psychoLOGist

If you go to one and tell them this THEY WILL CALL THE POLICE

rent out a cheap apartment and leave her

>big anime fan
you are right, you dont need a psych you need a bullet to the head

actually no they won't and legally can't.

Psychfag here - anything patients tell us is confidential except under 3 circumstances:
-They will kill themselves
-They will kill or harm somebody else

These two actually have to be considered credible - just because somebody states it, doesn't mean we can act on it unless we have a very, very strong opinion that it isn't just empty talk.

The last case is if a child is being actively abused. No matter what you say, a pillow isn't a child.

Therefore a psychologist would have no legal grounds to call the police - and actually we could lose our license to practice if we did.

/thread

>I get to sleep with Shinobu every night now, it couldn't possibly be better.

fucking what

Maybe you need to try to change you own mind first before you'll kill you poor mother? Hm, you psycho? Maybe she is right and anime obsession is really a reason disturbing you relationships? Every good changes in our lives starts from the brave act of acception of our own blemishes.

This OP you’re ill

Do you actually want a relationship, or do you want to just do your own thing? Don't let your mother pressure you into the traditional norms (having to have a GF, starting a family, etc.) if you don't want that. Society treats that as the only right thing to do, basically saying "fuck you" to a person's free will and ability to choose. Having a family might suck for some: a financial drain, possibility of divorce and loosing all of your shit, the possibility of having an autistic child or god knows what else. You're the one who has to deal with that reality, not the people judging you.

I was pressured to see a psychologist by my mother when I was 14 just because I was an extreme introvert and wasn't chipper and happy when social norms called for it. I basically told her to fuck off in my 14-year old way (which was more polite and passive than that, lel) and it turned out to not be needed as I grew up into an adult. I know the feeling of an overbearing authority figure judging you with only a partial understanding of your mindset and circumstances. My advice to you, in sum, is to tell her to fuck off.

Good day.

>they legally can't
Absolutely fucking false because mine DID

You are 27 attempting to hide stuff from your mother. Se a shrink, even if only to mature at least some.

>You are 27 attempting to hide stuff from your mother.
He hid it because he knows it's weird and wrong. He likes sleeping with a topless cartoon child.
Go to the psychologist, OP.