I'm a psychiatrist. Ask me anything, or just bash my profession. It's a good in the hood

I'm a psychiatrist. Ask me anything, or just bash my profession. It's a good in the hood.

nobody believe u

What I gotta do to get prescriptions to good shit?

Then test me negro.

i'm bipolar 1 and i had a psychotic episode last year (severe mania). i'm now on antipsychotics and antidepressants which seem to be working well, although i was still hearing voices fora couple months after my incident. if i stay medicated do i still have to worry about another psychotic break?

Have an actual disease, or look up criteria for a diagnosis, and try to sell it during your appointment. Whatcha looking for fam?

I like incest. i wanna fuck my mother and my sister.

Biggest problem of millennials, go.

you know what they say, love is blind.

why i cant love myself like everyone else ??

how could an imbosile like you who doesn't understand their own brain understand anyone else's ?

How do I cure my sexual addiction ? I dont wanna cheat on my gf anymore (not trolling, I'm serious) .

Great question! About 1/3 of people with a manic episode will have another within 2 years. People who have 2 manic episodes have around 80% chance of having a third. So, depending on how severe your episode was, I would stay on meds for two years, and then very slowly titrate off of them (like, two more years). I hope everything goes well for you. That's a burden of a diagnosis

have you ever successfully treated a irish

How serious of an attempt is partial suspension hanging and do people do it because full hanging seems too intimidating?

Not OP. What got you started on your slippery adventure of cheating?

yeah i will test you.

What is cognitive behavioral therapy and why do ppl need it

I think it's that we reward a victim mentality. People are only worth their work and their ideas, everything else is just aesthetics

If you were a real psychiatrist, you'd know that no respectable modern psychologist believes in Freud's crackpot psychosexual bullshit.

who is that on your photo and what do you know about him?

Pattern recognition.

so the 7 billion of us that walk this shitty rock are all exactly alike without even a minor difference ?

OP here. There is therapy, and 12 step programs. Addiction, in terms of effect on the brain, is all the same. No meds have been studied to my knowledge

Lol, nice. I'm afraid I only treat people.

I'm thinking about majoring a in psychology and maybe trying to become a psychiatrist. Is it worth it? Is it better to get my masters or stick with a bachelors?

Do you think pedophiilic feelings are healthy? Or destructive?

ask your inner child

CBT is a therapy treatment that uses a highly structured and standardized approach that is used to treat depression, anxiety, insomnia, pain, some other stuff. Lots of homework, agenda setting, weekly for 12 to 16 weeks. I don't do it very much, but I do enjoy it.

i had sex when i was 6 and i liked it

my inner child always has a boner

Not OP, but I'm going to say a means of generating grant money in institutions which overvalue the trappings of empiricism and foster a publish-or-perish atmosphere without regard to the actual clinical experience of the Peter Pans desperately fighting for tenure so they never have to leave the academy. The grant money comes so that people can say they're providing something without actually needing to pay appropriate clinicians.

Well, that and the treatment of specific phobias.

No, but he's iconic, and a rather handsome gent. Still, his developmental model is still regarded as non quackery

I think I have ADHD, what should I do about this?

Well, its been over a century. Psychodynamic therapies, on the other hand...Shedler has a meta-analysis for you.

Try to concentrate on the picture longer until it becomes second nature.

OP here. He's a Jew who enjoyed cocaine and fueling perverted theories of why life is hard

Nigga what did you just say to me?

so "life is hard" is only a "theory?"
kek+

Why do little girls who get molested by adult men grow up to become lesbians?

Incest prevents cancer.

I said I'm a Navy Seal

Can the pleasure of smoking a joint be used as a reward to reenforce a desired behavior like passing an exam to make me want to study more?

Are you willing to provide services for free? Poorfag with Schizophrenia, I'd like to go get some help, but I can't afford anything that isn't a shit-tier gubment handout.

If you want to become a psychiatrist you should get a bachelors and apply to medical school. If you really like psychology you should become a psychologist. If you want to become a psychiatrist you should learn to be a good physician by getting a degree in biology or biochemistry

Fuck you, OP, you know as well as anyone that 12 step programs are the horseshit we suggest because real treatment is too expensive and addicts are obnoxious.

Well, you'll need an MD to be a psychiatrist. As for a psychologist, you're wasting your time with a bachelors and will need to go to the doctorate level if you want to be able to live anywhere expensive.

If you fuck a kid you deserve to have your card punched. I'm not even talking about some kind of revenge fantasy. You don't know the kind of damage that kind of trauma puts into the world. People who abuse children ought to be quickly, quietly culled. The risk of treatment over time just isn't worth the possible reward of making someone who reaches the incredibly low bar of "no longer actively terrible for others in specific and society at large."

i have a strong feeling someone is messing with my life from 'up there', is there a name for this /disorder/?

If one of your patients says he's an auto mechanic, do you tell him to lie UNDER the couch?

why do my own farts smell good to me but some1 elses is gross?

I have this too. Every bad thing that happens to me, I consider a "bad call" and throw a red flag to challenge it

Because they get anxious around people that remind them of the trauma. Don't ask lesbians how old they were when they were molested, though. Many of them get defensive

Sure. Reward is reward. Whatever gets the dopamine pumping fam

Who's the hottest psychology gril?

>young maggy washburn

If you have schizophrenia you should have SSD and Medicaid.

Thats only likely to work well if he's willing to only smoke as a reward for the desired behavior.

Up there? Like god?

>implying Medicaid isn't a shit tier government handout

You know what the reimbursement rates look like. Everybody takes Medicare, but Medicaid is UBH or Magellan level.

We are al a species of an intelligent evolved animal compared to all the other beings on this earth. Not OP, but its a simple concept to understand and thats how pattern recognition works.

r u a sjw faggot

Hey OP how do you differentiate when a girl is bipolar or just being a woman?

OP here, fuck you I voted for Ron Paul motherfucker. Don't for a second think that there aren't psychiatrists that want MAGA

thank you Sup Forumsrother.

Lol. Bipolar disorder contains manic episodes that are pretty easy to tease out of an interview. The more difficult question is how to differentiate between a woman with borderline personality disorder and just a regular woman. Only god knows that, fam

Not helping, give me at least some good signs she is bipolar or borderline

I would like for you to provide, in your professional opinion, if you were to diagnose America as a whole(you could break it into two if you'd like) what would your diagnoses be.

He didn't ask if it was a good plan. I got through undergrad with a good GPA with the same conditioning model

I just said I haven't gone anywhere yet. Therefore I don't have those things, nor would I care to use them as put

Here's a good test. Ask her if she ever felt betrayed by a good friend of hers. If that question opens up floodgates, the. There is a good chance she has borderline.

If you wonder if she is bipolar: does she ever have several days where she is running on little to no sleep and is acting like she is full of energy and is acting differently, then there is a good possibility

OP here. I'm an American. I don't think we would meet any DSM diagnoses, but in a classic psychoanalytic diagnosis, I would say that we are neurotic to borderline organized, with passive aggressiveness as a dominant characteristic

Well, no, I don't do work for free. But you should apply for disability and get treatment before you end up becoming a smelly homeless person

I disagree (IMHO of course).

How are you unable to come up with a blanket diagnose? After all the DSM now recognizes the most trivial grieving symptoms as disorders.

I just saw this film for the first time recently.

Now I'm laughing at all the lines that other people got sick of over a decade ago.

Why was Freud so full of shit?

So you tell me your diagnosis! Delusional disorder, maybe. I don't like to pathologize people simply because I dislike them

means ur a pussy

Because most of his theories didn't hold up to scrutiny. And he is known for psychoanalytic psychotherapy, where people actually sit on a couch facing away, which really spread into pop culture

Yes there were times where she would shut down completely if I ever said something that would upset her, and not even bad things just things that she would find annoying

I mean, maybe quite possibly. Traditional hanging sounds painful and scary

>joins a profession based entirely on helping people
>makes a good amount of money doing it
>someones tells them they have a life-destroying disorder and don't have the means or desire to enter the system for aid
>muhshekels.jpg

I still am not sure why there are loud beeping noises around my house in the lightposts and cameras and screaming noises from electronic devices in the power poles. I still an not sure why my house is bugged so badly there is bugs and people talking to me from my stove and washer and dryer and anything electronic in my house. I know there is a lot of people around me who are listening to everything I am doing in my home 24 hours a day I just do not know if nude pictures are being sold of me to some pervert who is going to drag me out of my house at 4 to 5 am in the morning and sell me as a hokker or kill me or rape me. I don't know if these men bugged the power poles with lazer lights and recording devices and cameras so they are planning on selling me or killing me or raping me or human trafficking me. I know these men already stole everything I have when I was not home. I know my bank ac counts show up with weird frinncial numbers and transactions where I am being set up for something. I don't know why there is a man outside my window at 4-5 usually that I cannot see his face he is dressed in a marine uniform. He broke the back window on my house and does this over and over. I know somebody else steals things out of my car and I assume it is him or whoever these people are. I know my car is bugged with monitoring devices where these people want to know every last move I am making night and day. They bugged the car they may kill me in the car I knoqw the car is bugged. It could be rigged to kill me at some point and time. This is very very confusing and scary I do not know what it is about . I live in constant fear and cannot concentrate or sleep because I have men who I do not know talking to me all day and night and it feels like a constant rape. I don't know why this is happening to me or what you want. I know nobody really cares about me or anyone in my family at all and we only get robbed over and over and nobody cares.

Literally this, holy shit.

do people probably do it because like you said traditional hanging seems painful having feet off the floor

would you consider pic related being pussy about it?

Sounds like you've got an average lady on your hands, bro.

The screaming at me from the power poles and the bugs you put all thru the house are making me crazy and the lazer light effects all over the place is really entertaining when do you plan to kill me or rob my bank accounts for every penny that I have or rape me or kill me or sell me as a hooker? Why do men talk to me thru the power poles and air conditioning units? WHO THE FUCK ARE U? What the hell do you want? It's the hearing different men talking to me all day that freaks me out the most. With men it's all aBOUT THEM. Do something for them, they are selfish jerks and nothing but jerks. They like to abuse women when they get them alone then they have the greatest times of their jerk lives. Men are jerks. Men freak me out an ds scare me to death and make me want to barf. men are selfish jerks.

Sorry if that seems callous, but truthfully there is nothing that I could do unless he lives in the same state that I do. I can't treat someone over the Internet for several reasons. There are some free clinics out there.

Not OP but I grew up poor. I busted my ass to pay for college. I went into debt for grad school. I have absolutely zero guilt or shame about organizing my life the way I want it. I work 26 hours a week, I put away money for when I don't want to do that anymore, and I live a standard of living I find comfortable. I've got room in that to see a few patients for free, but I'm not going to change my life to open my doors to everyone who needs help.

If that chafes your ass then your problem is with the broader system of capitalism we live under, not with me. I have no obligation to save the world just because we don't have a sensible social safety net.

Dude I don't give a rat's ass. I just found it ironic and funny considering the circumstances. I have no problem with him not wanting to do that, I was just busting his balls about it. You should probably calm down.

Something is happening to my head. I feel so disconnected to everyone and everything, I have trouble following simple instructions or understanding new simple concepts. I am always tired and I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I just stare at the wall with a blank expression and don't even think. Life feels like a dream and I sometimes have trouble separating my real-life memories from my dreams. I can't really explain it. Help

Why did you stop calling faggots mentally ill and why did you make up ADHD?

I understand, I was just joking.

How do I stop having flashbacks and dissociating? How do I stop flinching like a moron everytime I hewr angry voices or when someone moves suddenly?

What's the most popular anti depressant these days op? And do you see any value in psilocybin treatments? What about Kratom?

Nah, you're right, its a raw nerve. Theres an expectation in this industry that if you live well and don't hang out on a cross you're somehow doing it wrong.

Pain therapy, start cutting and burning yourself, once you no longer feel pain, your body won't feel the need to flinch.

So... steak sauce; a sign of some sort of insanity? Otherwise I can't understand why anybody buys it.

ANSWER MY FUCKIN QUESTION

Guess is not OP. Try again, idiot, I already self-harm.

Its not some magic reset button, if it was you could bet top dollar some venture capital firm would have mined PTSD and depression and moved on. It would literally be a billion dollar idea. In general, I advise against hallucinogens for patients with any history of trauma or psychosis. Trips are too contextual and the last thing you want is a flashback powered by a full blown psychotic episode and the Schizophrenia diagnosis that might get hung around your neck if you take a few days to come back down to Earth.

Kratom might be useful for opioid withdrawal, but beyond that being a mild stimulant/local anesthetic, its all bush magic. Thats assuming you've got actual Kratom and not some kind of synthetic sprayed horror show.

Oh. Well shit, learn something new every day. My bad dude.