How the fuck is someone with social anxiety supposed to get a job...

How the fuck is someone with social anxiety supposed to get a job? The system is inadvertently built against us in every fucking conceivable fucking way. Guess I just won't make a living ever and either mooch or be homeless for-fucking-ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

trade-schools.net/articles/best-jobs-for-introverts.asp
freelancer.com/signup
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get a driver license. apply for driving jobs

>trucker
>programmer
>freelance artist

here's a resource for ya, you whiny little cunt

trade-schools.net/articles/best-jobs-for-introverts.asp

Not OP but thanks for the link. I'm starting culinary trade school and am also introverted. Glad to see there's a niche available.

well gess what snowflake,nobody like going to work, and being social makes you better at being social.
otherwise this
>
or kill yourself

Yeah come back when you're schizophrenic, until then stop whining.

OP here, I know how that last bit (the entire thing, but mostly the last bit) came off, not how I intended it to. The situation is just getting to me and it was a bit much for an advice post. Apologies.

>introverted? just be social!
>wanting to kill yourself? just be happy!
>impoverished? just get money!

Get an overnight job or a graveyard shift warehouse job, where you don't have to interact or deal with people other than your supervisor sometimes.

>not flipping it around so pooh could say "pull the trigger, tigger"

Any job which doesn't involve interacting with customers. Simple.

>programmer
Getting a job is all about prior experience and social skills.

>the system is built against people that don't like being around other people. this is bad

All you morons need to start lurking on biz & put some money into crypto. Everyone will tell you you're too late, but you're not. This year potentially could be crazy, just do your research and you could x2, x3, even x10 your money quite easily. Biz is the new b

How about you stop being a faggot and do something with your life? What are you even afraid of?

>Getting a job is all about prior experience and social skills.

freelancer.com/signup

this company hooks you up with freelance work based on your skills. no interaction required. from there you can use aforementioned work to build your resume.

Yes, and get fucked up the ass when it inevitably crashes. AGAIN.

if you could just be slightly more vague and useless with that statement I think you'd help everybody even more than already are

I've tried using that site before.
Programming jobs pay almost nothing, and there's a bajillion Indians to compete with for every one.
Those Indians are typically ones who have been using the site for a long time and thus have been hired plenty of times, causing them to appear at the top of the huge list of candidates. Often they'll group up and share an account so that their project count adds up, making them appear even higher in the list.

Even if someone is paying only $10 for a project, they'll take no risks and hire a foreigner who the site shows as being experienced rather than hire a newcomer to the site who speaks fluent English.

and the half a dozen other freelance websites like it?
have you considered reaching out to the freelancers union?
is the reason you can't get a job a lack of social skills? or are you applying for positions either with too little qualification or too great a level of qualification?
have you looked for work via the school you went through?

I'm not saying it shouldn't be like that in general, I'm saying it sucks for the people it does effect, of which I am one. That's why I threw the "inadvertently" in there. I know in the vast majority of jobs you justifiably have to deal with a lot of people, but when you don't fit the demographic 98% of average jobs are looking for (the complete polar opposite personality type) it really fucking sucks trying to find, much less maintain, a job paying even minimum wage.

I haven't finished my degree yet, so full-time jobs (the only non-freelance programming jobs) aren't an option.
And from what I've seen, even though it's overcrowded with workers and almost impossible to get a job on, Freelancer is still the best freelancing hub.

For comparison, Fiverr is even harder to get a job on (if they could, people would do their first five jobs for free just to get some experience to show) and pays even less ($5 is the standard price of everything, and Fiverr takes 20%).

>I haven't finished my degree yet

so have you looked into getting student employment via your school?

>so full-time jobs (the only non-freelance programming jobs) aren't an option.

have you tried reaching out to the freelancers union?

>Freelancer is still the best freelancing hub.

be that as it may, there's no sense in ONLY using freelancer. you're more likely to catch something if you cast a wide net.

if its medically diagnosed, there are agencies to help you (I work at one)

if it's bad enough to be debilitating/affect your life in such a serious way, get it diagnosed so it's official.

Every Freelancing hub displays how much experience you have on that hub.
If you complete ten projects on ten hubs, you'll struggle to get new projects because every employer only sees you as having done one project.
Ten projects on one hub is much better.

And the Freelancers Union appears to be some semi-corrupt organisation in some third-world shithole.

wow that is good to know. I was diagnosed with aspergers as a kid, I don't have any official papers or doctor names or anything though.

>Ten projects on one hub is much better.

yes, and if you're looking for work one project done while looking for work via 10 hubs is better than zero projects done via one hub.

>And the Freelancers Union appears to be some semi-corrupt organisation in some third-world shithole.

it's a union, so yeah it's semi-corrupt. but it's based out of the US, and it's purpose is to offer health insurance for freelancers, and disseminate information to it's members about available work. it's a resource, don't scoff at it because of it's questionable ethics. and if you're not in the US have you attempted looking for work via a government agency?

and again, have you tried seeking student employment via your school?

fuck the system

if you had it then, odds are you can get diagnosed for it, and we can help.

How easy it is to find and get support organizations like ours varies country to country (funding can be hard), but they're always around.

fiverr is for bottom of the barrel. success in freelancing requires hustle and strong social skills. YOU are the person who has to find and understand the clients needs, YOU are the representative. i don't think that's the route you want to go.

if you want to get into programming, learn to program, do your leet code and get full time job. you will be hired by someone who is an introvert or is used to hiring introverts

Yeah come back when you're schizoeffective, until then stop whining.