Why is Ireland the least successful Western European country?

Why is Ireland the least successful Western European country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JN2oFDpG5_8?t=1m11s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rowan_Hamilton
youtube.com/watch?v=ULyR7sZ2eqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Br*tish oppression

but they built the titanic

Full of Irish

the irish are the africans of europe - no ability, no drive, no brain

But they arent

Way more successful today than portugal

TRUUU
:^)

Isn't that Poortugal?

You mean the country that established global trade, contributed to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire by ending their monopoly over trade with the East, won numerous wars against the Spaniards, spread Christianity around the globe, and made Europeans realize how profitable exploration and colonization of the world is?

i think it's ukraine

>Ukraine
>Western European
Pierre.....

t. Teodósio Correia

how's your country now

What has Australia accomplished that doesn't include soaking up bullets for the British?

plenty

being white

youtu.be/JN2oFDpG5_8?t=1m11s
can americans do this?

Ireland is on pace to become the best European country

>filling a country with Nigerians and Pakis makes it the best
Then the UK should be the best European country

Ireland's per capita GDP is like $51,000.

>Incredibly high GDP per capita
>Relatively low number of Blacks and Muslims
>Pharmaceutical powerhouse
>Mild climate
>Breathtaking landscapes
>Native English speaker
>Low population
>Great culture and people
>Lots of ''muh Irish heritage'' in positions of Power in the US, UK and Australia
>Tech hub of Europe

Shit country desu

ireland is not even a real country, they should join the united kingdom

Crimea is not even really Ukraine, they should join Russia

>>Relatively low number of Blacks and Muslims
They're fixing that right now, give it ten years.

This

Funny how we're only Western and not Southern when it's convenient, just like we're only white when it's convenient

Aren't they quite well-off nowadays?
I mean, considering that another country tried to starve them so bad that haven't reached the population they had in the 19th century, it's pretty impressive that they are doing well.
Can't say the same from other european countries.
I think it's a great country. I'll visit it someday, mainly to see what Joyce did in each part of Dublin, I know they got tours that do that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rowan_Hamilton

I'm not detracting from the fact that y'all were quite successful in the past. I'm merely conceding that Portugal today is more insignificant than Ireland which is a shame!

You guys even lost timor leste! wtf

>mfw this turn into a irish hating thread

do your students know that irish-english is the worst?

no, nothing is worse than Canadian "'english""

There is 0 difference between U.S and Canadian english

love Bay 13, it's worth skipping a day of work to get seats there for the test

youtube.com/watch?v=ULyR7sZ2eqk

Jokes aside, the dialect is definitely different

You might not be able to perceive it but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Easiest way to hear it is to listen when Canadians say "sorry" "about" etc

Dialect in some languages means they just pronounce the words in a funny way. In some other languages you can't understand shit. This case it's the latter.

yeah from what I understand it's like the Western and South Australian accents. Unless you're Australian, you can't pick up on how they differ from the standard one

honestly the Canadian accent sounds more British and something potentially more akin to Australian / commonwealth english. Not surprising given their history

what the fuck is commonwealth english

idk to a yank any english dialect / variety not from north america sounds British

I know that sounds ignorant dude but I literally cannot differentiate new zealand's accent from australia's. Likewise sometimes even oceanic english sounds British to my ears, y'all share much more vocabulary with UK given your more recent departure from the empire

our vocabulary is very different thanks to the abo influence and our love of shortening words and the New Zealand accent is distinct on a fundamental level

sounds like you know absolutely nothing about the rest of the world, just like a typical fatmerican

more like I know very little of the linguistic differences between your irrelevant dialect and the dialect of your irrelevant neighbor

dont be salty my nigguh, like I said most americans can not differentiate the two but I've encountered a few maori here who sound slightly different than you so that's something I guess

also knowing absolutely nothing about the rest of the world ≠ not knowing something irrelevant about some kangaroo republic literally nobody gives a fuck about

>idk to a yank any english dialect / variety not from north america sounds British
>but I swear I'm not completely ignorant

what a fucking joke

>wasn't granted independence until 1901

>still use cuck stamp on flag

>drive on left side of road

>offended that Americans cant differentiate his accent with that of his colonial monarch

joke.jpg

yourhead.jpg

KEK

tha absolute SEETHING state of YOU

kek

KEK

K-E-K

m8 im impressed you replied back to me that fast with your 5 kb/s dial up connection

regardless go stuff your face with Vegemite and jam out to midnight oil cos your ass is triggered

just got BTFO and will never recover

American banter is far too good

>another Irish thread
Obsessed much lads? For an irrelevant island you sure like to talk about us a lot.

Half their politicians were born in the UK.

this