Can we get an old fashioned pleb hate thread?

Can we get an old fashioned pleb hate thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012/voter/783
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok got you.

Let us first call out everyone who likes Armond White a first class pleb.

Armond White doesn't even review movies, he just reviews the political views of the director, muh social decay muh millenials muh nationalism and the lowest artistic tool of them all, symbolism.

Never does he mention one filmmaking element, it's just a constant stream of political garbage that make his reviews instantly dated.

And most of you contrarians who pretend to like him don't even read through his reviews, you just scroll till you find an appropriate sentence to shitpost till oblivion.
Critics in general are garbage, but he is the garbage garbage.

Anyone who thinks The Man from Earth is a good movie is the final form of a pleb.

This is the same nigger who thinks jack and Jill and green lantern are good movies, he's a pleb and so are you for liking him you fucking 15 faggot

Tarantino Nolan Fincher: the holy trinity of pleb directors

>they became popular, therefore pleb

Spineless bastard

They were always popular with the dumb uneducated crowd, champ
Go back to your youtube meme critic videos

Test

Thank you
Armondfags rekt forever

Very true

But all 3 of them have made great movies

Hn

>bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012/voter/783
Thoughts?

Boy, do I hate plebs. Especially those who haven't seen A Talking Cat!?! (2013, DeCoteau) yet.

being a pleb is not bad

lel
I can taste the butthurt

Reminder that Richard Brody thinks that Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith are imperfect but brilliant, and better than the OT.

he's right

A Talking Cat is a fascinating exploration of what it means to be homosexual in America. No surprise then that Armond would like it.

>there is someone who is this wrong in life

You are absolutely correct

Bump

>doesn't even review movies
t. baby who subscribes to the Chris Cuckman school of thought and considers 'good cinematography, I really liked this character 9/10' to be useful information

>thinks Jack and Jill and Green Lantern are good movies
give me proof, point out where in his reviews he says 'these are good movies.'

Empire Strikes Back is easily one of the most overrated flicks in existence.

doing god's work user

same

Cherry picking one bad critic and then dismissing the entirety of movie critics? That's a bit harsh. But I agree, White doesn't only talk about politics.

>give me proof
Have you read the reviews? It's heavily implied.

I'm just going to go on record as

A. bumping this thread because I like Armond and he is worth reading which is not the case for generally any other critic I have heard of

and

B. Calling someone "contrarian" is not an argument especially since Armond doesn't even review films in the ratings since, merely he comments on the film from a critical perspective.

>LITERALLY it's popular therefore it's bad
Making a film that is both accessible and good, the sort Tarantino and Fincher (Nolan misses the mark more often than not) make, is a challenge. It's not something you can shit out in 5 minutes.
I just wish Fincher would stop bringing fucking Nine Inch Nails to do all his fucking music.

fpbp

First poster didn't explicitly say that he watches Cuckman but after at least a dozen of these threads I've gotten the impression that most people who hate Armond White have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to movies and don't even try to process what he's saying.

And I can sympathize with his appreciation of Jack & Jill. It's refreshing to see movies that aren't so fucking down on everything every now and then. Also I sincerely found 'Dunkacino' funny.

>both accessible and good
>the sort Tarantino and Fincher make
>implications
Just memeing kind of. Jackie Brown and Alien3 are excellent movies. The more movies I watch the harder it is to like Tarantino though. Kill Bill was great when I first saw it but now I can only see it as a Meiko Kaji movie starring an inferior western piggu with Yuen Woo-Ping choreography that isn't as fun to watch as his own work because its propping up such an inappropriately edgy story.

It's such a fine line between raving idiot, and brilliant

there are other threads in the catalog that deserve to die more than this one.

Has DAVEY killed himself yet? Is Motoko still sucking him off? Is TaylorMomsen that redneck fuck still around? Does autistic still post?

I want to suck Armond's big black cock no homo

>Never does he mention one filmmaking element, it's just a constant stream of political garbage that make his reviews instantly dated.

But this is wrong.
The reason why most of his reviews have a lot of politics in them is because A. he writes for National Review which is a political magazine and not a culture/entertainment one, and B. he writes shorter reviews since he usually crams 2-3 films into a single piece.
If you read his older reviews back when he was writing in NY Press and such it's quite different. He gives you plenty of exegesis about what the film is and how it's built and designed. Take even his review of Oliver Stone's W, that has a lot more about the acting and direction style than about Bush's politics, and that's a blatantly political film too.

Man knows his shit.