Is Death Grips as loud as everyone says they are live...

Is Death Grips as loud as everyone says they are live? I've never been to a concert before and I'm seeing them next week. Are they uncomfortably loud? Is it going to be overwhelming? I'd like to have a good time but I just want to hear other peoples experiences considering this is my first concert

They are not as loud as they used to be, you will be comfortable. It might depend on the venue and your position in the crowd more tho

>never been to a concert
>chooses DG as first
They play pretty loud but nothing really hard. Also, if your not into moshing and so, I rec you to be at the back or sides.

Bring earplugs in case you end up closer to the front, keep your ears safe.

lots of clashing frequencies, i'd wear earplugs unless you enjoy tinnitus

definitely bring earplugs
They were louder than any other concert I've been to, partially because I was in the front though (but if you're not in the pit at Death Grips you're missing out desu)

Are you seeing them play at skyway theatre in Minneapolis?

last time i saw them i couldn't even recognise the songs cause they were so loud
i saw them at the Warfield in San Francisco btw if that matters

was gonna go to their concert in Columbus next week, but university > getting noided

who does a concert on a tuesday night anyway

>bringing earplugs to a concert
What's the fucking point in even going to the concert if you do this

lol

Kek what happened to that thread yesterday about that guy who was in line at a grips venue and was posting pictures of random people and then some other user spotted him?

user no. You will regret your decision for months. You can miss one fucking day of uni to see DG. I saw them 2 years ago and still think about how insane the show was.

Saw them last night in Cleveland. Was front right and my ears are still ringing

they weren't that loud when i saw them but like another user said depends on the venue

yikes

I saw them in September last year in SF, they're loud but listenable. The bass at that show was overwhelming though it was like fucking bass boost grips. I had earplugs but only wore them for the very first song. By the end of the show my ears were pretty fucked and I was starting to not be able to make anything out so I had to put my ear plugs in for the last song.

Long story short wear earplugs and you'll be fine.

i just like watching the light show tbf. also whats up with people taking their shirts off at dg shows? i had slimy shirtless fat little mexican near me the whole time. absolutely disgusting.

sale ese pogo papÁ

Don't wear earplugs OP stefan will see u and know ur a puss

you might be overwhelmed at first, concerts are so loud you can feel it pound against you which I personally love

test post

i am

Have you ever been to the venue? It's my first time going to any other venues other than the triple rock. Wanted to know how big it is/ what I should expect from the actual arrangement and not the show

Yeah, make sure you bring strong enough earplugs so that you don't have to hear shitty death grips at all

They used to be way louder because meme bands play extra loud.

I saw them in Worcester on the first stop of their tour and it was my first concert as well, I was very nervous because I am a pretty skinny anxious whiteboy and didn't know what it would be like at all, I brought earplugs but I actually didn't end up using them, it was loud but I enjoyed the loudness, I thought it was really exciting and fun, however I literally could almost not hear anything afterwards.

Can I go into the moshpit with earplugs in, or could a rogue finger shove the plug down my earhole?

To hear the next concert you go to

Don't worry. If you're using good earplugs, they'll be snug and not go further than you need.

Mine aren't good they're just average

you do realise you can still hear the music, right? it's doesn't completely suppress the sound, you fucking melt

i went to see death grips two days ago. tbqh i had to leave to the front lobby like 3 or 4 times because it was so loud. I even had earplugs.

nah but it seems more low key though/mosh/punk venue i went to first ave last time then came

I found them uncomfortably loud when I heard them one year ago. So loud that the PA was distorting and it was actually hard to make out their songs.