Currently watching the State of the Union address from last night

Currently watching the State of the Union address from last night.

What did Sup Forums think of it?

Also, AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

libertyfrontpress.com/acting-like-normal-human-for-1hour-is-considered-a-feat-for-the-president/
youtube.com/watch?v=Tz5L-rNWZBs
data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Bump #2

libertyfrontpress.com/acting-like-normal-human-for-1hour-is-considered-a-feat-for-the-president/

I noticed that. That and the respect to the families who's daughters were gunned down by MS13.

Why the fuck would you waste your time with that shit?

Nothing that really surprised me, mostly an hour and a half of trying really hard to convince the country of the same talking points we’ve heard all year. Guantanamo was a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Well, if you don't pay attention to what's going on then you are remarkably uninformed.

I don't support either side, but I do try to keep up with political events. SOTU is a big event. Watching them all stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, jerk eachother off, scowling, etc.

The absolute only reason to ever watch the SOTU is if you are uninformed. No president in my lifetime has ever said anything surprising and informative in that speech.

Difference of opinion user. I believe it is intelligent to watch as with other interviews or events, you don't. All is well in the world.

Otherwise, it's for people who either A) want to love the president and give him ups for how wonderful and totally not evil he is B) want to hate the president and condemn him for being Satan incarnate.

It's not really intelligent to watch speeches. Propaganda isn't built to make you think, dumbass. It's designed to produce emotional reactions from you.

Why do you think Hitler used them so much? Why do you think dictators make 2-3 hour speeches instead of releasing detailed reports backing up their opinions?

Do you not find it entertaining to see all these people smile or scowl knowing damn well that they are the most two faced people in this country?

Not a single person on that floor is authentic. They don't stand for a single thing based on their own morals or standings. Everything is a chess move.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tz5L-rNWZBs

Fuck Trump

Again, difference of opinion. I watched Obama's SOTU just like I'll watch Trump's. I don't believe either 100%.

If that's where you get your news from, we're done here. Him, John Stewart, Travor Noah, Samantha Bee, they're all the same and every one of them will spin a story or outright lie to get their ratings up.

I support Trump but I thought it was very boring. Too much standing and applauding.

The last issue he discussed, was North Korea. Usually, you save the best for last. He spent a lot of time discussing it. It could mean that Trump will order a military strike against North Korea pretty soon. Like, after the Olympics. Known nuclear sites will be hit with cruise missiles. This could lead, eventually, to China and Russia getting involved, militarily. It might be the start of World War 3.

I think they all support rape by wearing the Recy pin.

Well, I'm about 30 minutes from the end. It has been boring on the account of having to stop every 30 seconds for them to applaud and jerk each other off.

Same thing happened in all the other SOTU addresses I've heard.

I'm on the fence about the North Korea rhetoric. Mainly because I've heard it off and on my entire life. I honestly think he's just giving fair warning. That is NK acts stupid and strikes us, we will destroy them. I don't think the U.S. will strike first.

However, we know that we were warned about 9/11 and for some odd reason, the jets weren't scrambled to shoot down the planes like they should have been. There's a lot of questions. That's put us in wars that we're still in to this day. So, who knows?

Also, I think Trump has done a great job of presents stories and people that both sides should applaud, yet the Dem's have stayed seated. Makes them look bad. Good move on his part.

These fine black gentlemen seem to dislike a president, who cuts government spending and welfare. Hm.

I'm noticing the hypocrisy on both sides. It's rather enjoyable. I don't trust Paul Ryan or McCain either.

Fap material for the Right. Nutin special.

Trump on NK yesterday just like W. Bush on Iraq 15 years ago.

I like that the Blacks are choosing segregation by seating and silly clothing. We need to segregate all Blacks into one or two states. Alabama and Mississippi would be good.

Are you doing shots for every time he applauds himself?

just a reminder that Trump was factually correct about that
data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Economic policy has a lag time of (typically) around a year to measurably affect the economy. Peak unemployment on that graph is 2010, reflecting the financial crisis. Then steady decline for eight years to now. In other words, it's from Obama's tenure. Trump only major economic change (tax) goes into effect now, so wait a year to see what it's going to do to the economy.
>implying Trump should get credit for it

>i-it was obamas doing!
lol no. you just come off as pathetic when you guys do this shit

>It might be the start of World War 3.
Like the quote in Charlie Wilson's War: "War is good fer bidness and bidness is good fer Amurica."

when Trump gave himself the Dirty Sanchez with the chocolate pudding

this guy is a complete madman!

Fake poll. Fake news.

They should have focused on Nancy Pelosi's resting bitch face more.

Aside from being a bitter old hag. It looks like she had stroke which means that half of her brain doesn't work right.

She should have more work done. She could look like she's 75 if she tried a little harder.

fake post there

>I get my news from kikes on late night talk shows

You're fucking retarded. You're even more retarded for discussing politics on/b/

Provide a rebuttle or accept defeat

You're so full of shit it's remarkable. When Obama took office, it took nearly more than 4 years for the policies he first enacted to start having actual effects on the economy, which was what his chief economic advisor austan goolsbee said would happen. There is no 'magic number' of how long economic policy takes, and all you've proven is that you're pulling information of your ass in place of actual knowledge.

Like with last admins, It’s an overhyped event that doesn’t offer anything important. Repubs jerked eachother off, dems sat down. Opposite was true during Obama’s tenure.
As far as media observations go, It’s odd that acting like a normal person for an hour and a half is newsworthy now.

stay mad kid

sure kid

stay mad kid

I think you're retarded
only one of us is correct

somewhat like you.

so weak
stay mad

sure kid
stay mad

Actually there were quite a few surprises. More or less though it's about how he said what he said and how much bullshit it was.

I was a great speech. Long but not too long, plenty of topics were mentioned and a decent amount of people were given kudos.

>It might be the start of World War 3
I don't think so