djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#も~も
store.steampowered.com/app/438270/Learn_Japanese_To_Survive_Hiragana_Battle/
store.steampowered.com/app/554600/Learn_Japanese_To_Survive_Katakana_War/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation
youtube.com/watch?v=drP4GpMEtd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

アニメ

>learning japanese

I've been getting a popup in my Anki saying that a card was a leech, what does that mean?

Is that monkey sad because he couldn't learn Japanese before the cancer metastasized?

apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#leeches

hello onii-chans ;3
am i welcome here

Hm I guess i want to get rid of the suspension because I want to practice those words that I'm finding difficult..

ユーリ!!!

I'm a bit confused by the usage of も here (title of an article):

>食事も卓球も楽しめる店が東京の渋谷にできる
I translated this as "Stores where you are able to enjoy both table tennis and meals in Shibuya, Tokyo."

Am I translating it as "also" correctly here? Are they referring to the other (e.g. [You can enjoy meals] You can also enjoy table tennis / [You can enjoy table tennis] You can also enjoy meals)? The double usage is kind throwing me off.

djt.neocities.org/bunpou/full_day.html#も~も

>も~も
I was reading the definitions for も before posting here and didn't even notice that right under it .. thanks.

bump

Are you reading anything at the moment, user?

FMA manga, still 7 volumes left
you?

ゆるゆり.
I love this series. Decided to reread it since volume 15 came out.

Are you reading the version with 27 volumes or the 完全版 version with 18 volumes?

the one with 27, I didn't even know that there are two versions
but I see the point, you could reduce some parts here and there... sometimes it drags a little

Maybe it's one of those versions with more pages than the standard tank, like with the republished volumes of あずまんが大王.
Only seen the anime so I don't know how much filler the series has. Is it random side stories or full on Dragon Ball Z/One Piece style fluff?

it's not really filler as if it was pointless, most of it actually has a function and all, but sometimes it's just more than necessary and the major events get pushed too far apart

Fair enough.
It was in publication for around nine years so I guess with those sorts of series that sort of thing tends to happen.
How would you describe the reading difficulty?
Aside from technical/fantasy terms, what is the grammar like?

it's okay most of the time, but for example this is a page I'm currently struggling a bit with
the speech bubble in the middle on the right

forgot pic

Looks like he is commenting on how people are puzzling in how they classify greed and pride.

yea I just noticed I'm an idiot, thanks

bump

If DJT had cancer, but wanted to learn as much Japanese as possible anyway, would you stop caring about kanji/vocab and start practicing production?

I've been without a laptop for 4 months and haven't been able to keep up with my reps. Should I start a new mining deck and continue on with core?

what country is this

ニューファグ、頼む

Don't worry, you won't keep up with your mining deck reps either

You think that's bad? I've had over a thousand cards build up before. Just keep new cards off until you're caught up and do them. Once you're caught up it's fine.

How come people can watch anime for thousands of hours without learning any japanese just by immersion? Is it that much harder than other languages?

Will do thanks user

dunno what you're trying to say m8

If you maintain a deficit of 20 cards a day you'll be done with it in a month.

They are literal brainlets (people watching anime, that is). It only took me a couple of months of studying Japanese to become semi-fluent in it.

uwaaa! sasuga desune, hans-san!

that words usually don't have anything in common with the ones you know, it's not like french where half the vocabs are similar to english or german
and the sentence structure is completely different, often you'll read at the begiining of the subtitles what actually comes at last in the sentence
then they're usually talking pretty fast etc.

>It only took me a couple of months of studying Japanese to become semi-fluent in it.
you're full of shit

desu I always thought sentence structure was the easiest part of Japanese

So much vocab though

Why don't we just make anime so the Japanese have to learn English instead?

That must be the youtube polyglot standard of "fluency", being able to ask for directions to the bathroom.

We did, it was shit

Any good Japanese-English let's play channels?

I learned German via Gronkh's videos like this

filthy frank

What Japanese words can I use to sound effeminate?

Aren't autists supposed to be smart?
That's true, but still. I recognize a few words and kana from watching a little anime, shouldn't this scale?

Kill you're self

ちんこ (chinko). It's kind of like "dear", you call people who you like that. So you can say to your husband: "how was your day today, chinko?". You can use put -san at the end of it for extra politeness (e.g. "I love you, my chinko-san").

ja ne

desoowah

Just cry during sex

Are you trying to be a ネカマ‽

Just use 僕 instead of 俺.

Serious question: I'm not expecting to speak in Japanese as by magic after playing these video games, but are these video games a legit way to start learning Japanese or they are just meme shits?
store.steampowered.com/app/438270/Learn_Japanese_To_Survive_Hiragana_Battle/
store.steampowered.com/app/554600/Learn_Japanese_To_Survive_Katakana_War/

well I guess that depends on how many words it teaches you, if it's literally just about learning hiragana/katakana then you might as well just start regularly

If you like to spend (waste) money and have the attention span of a gnat, you might get something out of them.

The most important thing in learning any language is studying it consistently. The very best the games can do is help you to be not lazy and lay the foundation for a daily language studying habit. Which really, has nothing to do at all with the fact that they're games.

What on earth is happening with that question mark?

It appears to be a combined exclamation/question mark. It was one of the many options I could select from when I was using the converting かんたんふ to try and find appropriate punctuation.

Glorified Flashcards, bro. Just download Anki.

>sex
Rikaisama isn't working on this word, is it slang?

Can a kind user help me translate this (serious, none of that "lol it says *stupid thing*). I started practicing with swords to couple with goju and would like to know what this says on it (if its even japanese)

the pleasure of being cummed inside

Interrobang, I'm sad it isn't more widespread.

These are in fact 4 kanji.
First one is 中出 on top of each other.
Second one is 喜ビ, the second one being a katakana.

It's pretty stylized, but basically it means what pointed out.

How do you deal with homonyms that are spelled the same way on Anki? (Like for instance 開く - あく or ひらく) Do you try to remember every single one of the pronunciations?

Sometimes you've just got to がんばるぞい it.

Wow, you weren't taking the piss.
This also exists: ⸮
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

Strange world.

For now, after two lessons of the Hiragana game, I learned 'a' 'i' 'u' 'e' 'o' 'ka' 'ki' 'ku' 'ke' 'ko' and the Dakuten writing system with 'ga' 'gi' 'gu' 'ge' and 'go'
Again, I'm not expecting to magically speak Japanese with these video games, but at least learning the basic of the language and then be better in it with practice.
Not only the game itself ask you to have a notebook to write the symbols, but also it makes that clear than the best way to learn Japanese is with practice and learning the meaning.

>The use of the ":^)" emoticon has recently taken hold in a subset of internet users to punctuate facetious or otherwise sarcastic commentary.
Our memes reign supreme :^)

>mfw I realize that is much more easier to learn chinese kanji than afterwards learning the japanese pronunciaton of it
Fuck Japanese
Long Live Chugoku

>Chugoku
Chuugoku

This channel has a bunch of songs with nice big subtitles for you to practice reading.

It sounds like it's designed for karaoke but I don't know. I'm having fun with it. It's also that graduation time of year.

youtube.com/watch?v=drP4GpMEtd8

The Kana will only take you so far. Still, learning it is pretty much mandatory for any serious attempt at learning the language so go for it. Might as well have some >fun doing it.

I have a friend who has decided to learn Japanese.

He's starting to buy a bunch of books, how do I Ankipill him before he wastes a bunch of money.
I don't know what he's buying.

Do you honestly don't know how to talk to people?

No, I've tried telling people to use Anki before and they usually just decide to stick to whatever their method currently is.

Tell him about libgen.io to stop him from wasting money, then ankipill him properly.

How do I make anki more palatable? Staring at cards for 40 minutes a day makes me want to kill myself, but it's much more efficient than anything else.

What's the point of this thread?
Why is it here?
Go back to Sup Forums.

Don't know where to go, but I need a bit of a translation. I would very much like to know what they're talking about, specifically the graphs below. All I know that this is a guide to men casual clothing

Well, it's a free world.

You can change Anki to a dark theme for one, it's slightly more palatable. If you don't already, you could start writing/typing down each card. It helps break up the monotony for me.

>libgen.io
I didn't even know about this.

How do I Ankipill him properly?

I personally like the white text with black backdrop.

I know and I'm terribly unpersuasive. I really wish personally I had started out with Anki and Tae Kim instead of all the stupid inefficient methods I used prior, money wasted and all.

>HURR DURR WHY IS A LANGUAGE THREAD IN A LANGUAGE BOARD HURRRR I AM STUPID

Don't worry about it, he will give up within a month

I know that.

But I need someone who I can secretly talk shit in public with.

Night mode helped, thanks anons.

There are no shortcuts, anki is just the absolute straightest (but unscenic) path from point A to point B

After how many Anki cards should I be able to start reading?

Bump

If he's set on buying books why don't you recommend some actually decent ones? DoJG, Japanese the Manga Way etc. Sure you can just download them, but there's something to be said for having a physical copy that you can hold in your hands.

I'm having trouble figuring out what ちゅーと is supposed to mean here. Is it a slurring of というと? is it 中途? Thanks in advance.

isn't it just chotto written in a stupid way

what is it from

Page 122 (119 according to the book) of Volume 2 of 惑星のさみだれ. It's in chapter 13. Here's a picture of the full page if it helps.

Just be yourself.

>やなちゅー
I was thinking it was a nickname for some other character. Still not sure unless she has said this word before.

This reminds me of a friend who wanted to start drawing manga back in Highschool. Her dad was loaded so what did he give her to start this?

A Loomis book? No.
Some shitty art course? No.
Some stupid "drawing manga for dummies" book? No, she had already bought one.

He imported something like pic related from Japan, assuming this would be the right tool to get her going.
To this day I still don't believe how surreal it was.

Do I have to mention she never used it? She didn't even know how to, after a couple days researching on how to melt down the nankin she set it up and made a couple strokes on a paper.

The end.

>Chugoku
Don't you mean Zhongguo, my pengyou?

Nope, definitely not a nickname. やな is just her 大阪弁 and is equivalent to だね or だな. ちゅーと is the start of a new sentence.

I w-was memeing.