Which one should I watch after this? Deep Space Nine?

Which one should I watch after this? Deep Space Nine?

The Original Series.

DS9 is my favorite Trek series. It's so different.
It was the first series that followed somewhat of a story arc, as opposed to random things happening each week.

Isn't DS9 where they're just on a space station?

It's based on a space station called Deep Space Nine, yeah. But it's located in a super important place in the quadrant.
Lot's of shit happens to DS9 throughout the show. And they leave on ships and shit, too.
So it's not all based there.

I've seen the original series, then went on to the next generation. that's why I ask.

oh cool, so I should watch that then?

no idea user

Definitely give it a watch, user. First season starts off slow with some ass episodes. Like all Trek shows.
But stick with it. DS9's story was the most compelling for me.

Doctor Who

I personally think it's odd to be based on a station give that trek seems more based on exploration and going places.
Exception to liking this formula being voyager.
>Why have an encyclopedia when you have Janeway?

DS9 and Voyager are chronologically at the same time in the Trek universe. The two series are quite different. Because Voyager is a long journey home, everything is unknown and there is more action overall. The borg play a large part in later seasons. By contrast, DS9 deals with more serious social issues. There are episodes about racism, genocide, disability, colonisation, rebellion, and terrorism. So it really depends on what you like more. Social issue star trek episodes or fighting aliens and exploring the unknown star trek episodes.

and the other ones? I'm also watching Discovery.

STD just to appreciate the intellectual quality of many TNG episodes even more.

I'll give them both a watch.
you mean Discovery ?

DS9 seems to be the next logical choice, its what Sup Forums always suggests to me
>Tfw havent finished the last 5 eps of TnG because then I'll never have a new episode of TnG to watch

Try "star trek continues"

I'm at the last one right now user, I feel your pain

That's a common argument against DS9. It doesn't really follow Gene Roddenberry's exploration-based and "utopian" Star Trek.
It's a valid argument. But, I tend to like DS9 a lot more. Characters like Odo, Garak, the doctor and Chief O'Brien make it great. Definitely worth the watch.

speaking of social issue episodes, "Measure of a Man" is my favorite TNG episode. SO fantastic.

>you mean Discovery ?
Yes, you need to gaze deeply into the Abyss and let the hate build up in you. Only then can you truly enjoy DS9, as it will feel like Elysium in comparison.

Chronolical order OP.
TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY (though it's not very good), ENT and then STD.
Watch the movies in the order they were made as well. Enjoy your Star Trek holiday.

Yes, follow TNG with DS9. Also, DS9 is the best trek show.

Yes that is a great episode. Data is a great character on so many levels. Plus I think the entire crew would have died on several occasions without him. I hope we have robots like him in my lifetime.

If you've been watching in order, yeah. After that, go for Voyager. If you aren't watching in order, go for Voyager. That one's my favorite. DS9 was really good too, though.

I've seen the movies and the animated series too. but thanks for the help user ! next will be ds9 then

DS9 takes a while to find its feet, but tng had the same problem. Once tng became more character driven and not alien of the week, it really took off. Similarly, ds9 had little direction until the dominion war, though some early episodes stand out as it started off character driven.

Both shows are worth watching.

I'm doing it TNG, Voyager, TOS, DS9

Oh, and don't forget the TNG movies! First Contact is my favorite, by far.

TNG > DS9 > everything else kys

What are opinions?
Do they differ?
Are they subjective?

Enjoy what you enjoy, let others do the same.

True, TNG season 3 is when things really happened, and DS9 is not very good until season 2. So patience is rewarded.

In the Pale Moonlight is the best star trek episode of any series, and it happened in DS9.

obvious watch the best one...
Discovery

yeah DS9 is excellent.
Everything after DS9 was hyper-garbage-tier

Watch The Orville instead

Good break from the seriousness of TNG

What a fantastic episode. It confirmed Garak as my all time favorite DS9 character.

Id go with DS9 next, as others have suggested. It's not as good as TNG but it's better than anything that came after it. I personally don't really like the characters in Voyager. Also, I really enjoy klingon episodes and klingon lore, and you get very little of that in Voyager. Pretty much every species they come across in Voyager are brand new, since they're in a completely different quadrant. These new races are pretty lame compared to the ones we know and love from previous series. Also, in DS9, many characters from TNG show up, which was definitely a plus for me.

watch Discovery, sit through endless hours of tedious subtitled Kligon dialog that no one gives a shit about

>Orville

And it's good sci-fi. The previews made it look like a comedy, but the funny parts make it more realistic and believable. Great characters too, it started off very strong.

VOY was so annoying. It was the definition of "alien of the week." Fuckin' Species 8472. So dumb.
There are a bunch of episodes featuring non-corporeal aliens. So fucking dumb!
The only thing that saves it is Seven of Nine. She's SOOOOO hot.

Yea what the fuck, the aggregate of rotten tomato scores is total bullshit. Critics are bullshit.

I disagree with most you here.
Voyager wasn't the best, but I greatly preferred it to DS9. The story in DS9 got very stupid and convoluted, when it came to the stupid prophecy, and Dukat disguising as a Bajoran. Reminded me of how Heroes storyline went down the shitter.
Quark makes the show not so bad, and Odo had some cool backstory going on. The Commander bothered me, seems like he never knew wtf he was doing.
I liked Voyager because I liked Janeway. I think she was my second favorite commander after Picard. Also the story was straight-forward: they're just trying to get home.

You should watch Babylon 5.

OP here just finished the last episode of TNG gonna start DS9 now.

Enjoy, user. I think the first episode of DS9 might be the best intro episode of them all.

anybody watching the new series?
how is it?

does the Borg appear rather fast in it? wonder if Hugh is still alive.

It's ok, not good and not bad imo

I agree that Sisko is probably the worst of the captains/commanders of all Trek shows. It just seems to me that he tries too hard and overacts a lot.
And his weird Cajun/African sounding accent. What is it supposed to be?? Jake Sisko sounds normal, so why does his dad have to sound retarded?

I liked Janeway too. Problem is, shes the only character I liked.

Lol I forgot about Hugh. The Borg do play a major part, but Hugh is gone.

Not the best, but worth the watch.
Watch out for the Nagus. He basically takes over Troys mothers position as most annoying guest character

STD is garbage. The characters are horrible and wtf is with those klingons.

I get that. Most were boring, only Seven and the Doctor were interesting.

>the stupid prophecy, and Dukat disguising as a Bajoran
I agree the end was not great. But when I think of all the characters I liked and the stories overall, there was more in DS9 for me. Garak, Quark, Jadzia, Dukat, Worf, Sisko... versus Janeway, Seven, Tuvok and the Doctor. I remember Voyager as just lots of battles which was cool but some of the DS9 episodes made me really fucking emotional.

They're both great though, let's face it.

This.
The Ferengi episodes get REALLY old, REALLY quick. Definitely skipable.
The only cool one is where Quark starts selling weapons. Honestly, I think in a new show, a subgroup of Ferengi arms dealers characters could be really cool.

I'd say hes second worst, after Archer.
Shittiest Captain ever
"No we're not leaving ANYONE behind, I don't care if we have to risk the lives of EVERYONE else on board."
Literally not doing his job as Captain, which is to make the hard choices when it comes to this shit.

Hottest Star Trek woman, hands down.
Next is Jolene Blalock from ENT

VOY is greatest after TNG. Once word came on DS9 it really took off.

*Worf

I've rewatched both, so I can agree with you there.

that sad news ! is Q still in it?

If you've watched TNG then it's all downhill from there. Just watch the movies OP.

I like it - it has an ugliness that Trek didn't really have before. What war does to people, what fear does to people, what heartbreak does etc.
It's from before Starfleet became beige and quoted Shakespeare at the drop of a hat.
It's gritty and very, very sci-fi.

I love it so far.

LOLOL I totally forgot Archer. He's really, really bad man. I'd agree, he's worse that Sisko.
ENT was only worth watching for T'Pol getting naked.
And, season 3 of ENT with the different races of aliens was actually kinda cool. When they attacked earth and developed a secret weapon. They should have continued that.

Q does come back to shake things up a few times.

discovery has nice special effects and action but the communist propaganda is obnoxious

I'm gonna give it a shot, despite all the hate from most people. Thanks for the opinion.

always liked the Q character tbh

MEGA: Make the Empire great again

Yeah, it had a lot of potential, too bad it didn't really go anywhere.
I'd watch another 4 seasons for a few more scenes of T'Pol in the decontamination room lol .

You're welcome user.

What? Where's the communism? It's as always, and as every Trek before it, USA in space - spreading the PC empire wide and far.

Yes, decontamination room scenes were the best. And, when Trip and T'Pol massaged each other. T'Pol was always in some tight fitted clothes. My penis was diamonds.

Babylon 5

go90 com/shows/babylon5

It's pretty fantastic and a complete story.

TNG is the only good Star Trek

>the Borg

I actually liked season 4. At that moment the writers did not had to invent a complex continuing story, but instead could wrap up everything and just have some fun. The augment/klingon augment story-arc, the Vulcan-Andorian conflict, even the isolated Mirror universe episodes were the highlights in the full series.

?

Idk. It kinda pissed me off once they realized they were getting cancelled. The final episode of ENT was fucking terrible. It hyped up this amazing speech, and then we never get to hear it. It just, ends.

>Babylon 5

Yes, this is a good plan.

Voyager is great because the borg queen comes back and I've had special feelings for her since I first saw her.

ds9

Definitely give it a shot, it's different but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's already been picked up for a second season so it's going to be around for at least one more year.