How to get into metal (growl) vocals

I've never listened to any metal outside of alternative metal before
I decided to check out Agalloch for whatever reason and I find it musically really nice but as a metal beginner, I found it hard to get into the vocal techniques used by the singer. Is this something that I will just learn to enjoy with time?

I started to enjoy harsh vocals by listening to entry tier Black Metal (Burzum, Mayhem, Darkthrone)
It grow(l)s on you

You will eventually crave that singing style

Agalloch was the band that got me into growl vocals, then I went to Opeth. Just listen to She Painted fire across the skyline and Black Lake Nidstang by Agalloch, eventually you will get used to it and will start enjoying it.

appreciate it as a part of the atmosphere.

>fagalloch

t. brainlet

t. nu-male

Again, as a beginner in metal I wouldn't know, but what is wrong with Agalloch? Should I not be checking them out?

Don't fall for the nu-male meme, Agalloch is an amazing band, all the albums on that chart are great, but some cunts created that chart to bait people who actually like them.

still the best bait ever made

its mostly a meme picture, its just every acclaimed metal album from "indie" sites over the past few years so if you are really new that chart will actually be helpful.

Listen to these

Alright, thanks for the heads up

Listen to this.

Are you trying to give me a seizure with this garbage chart

not many know that singing style is copied from dark tranquillity´s anders fridén

yes

Do not ever, ever write off any band or album based on what a meme chart on Sup Forums says. Ever.
Don't be an idiot.

Or this.

I was more asking for their opinion on the band rather than giving in to their chart

Try all types of harsh vocals. I used to dislike it too, but that's because all I was exposed to was Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation and shitty deathcore. Plus, it didn't help that all the people I knew who listened to that shit were annoying as fuck.

It wasn't until I got into hardcore punk, grindcore, powerviolence, doom, sludge and black metal that I really came to appreciate it.

Agalloch was a great band, but they were successful and popular... so of course they are bad.

I used to fucking HATE harsh vocals in metal, but I thought that I shouldn't just wall myself off of this entire side of music so I just got used to it.

I remember my friend showed me Acid Bath and I fucked hated it when I first heard it.

Just listen to more black metal. you'll eventually enjoy the vocals.

This. Try listening to screaming or "half-growls"

I went thrash->grindcore->death->black as I got into metal. I feel like thrash vocals are most accesible