ITT: 10/10 masterpieces of 21st century film

ITT: 10/10 masterpieces of 21st century film

good thread till he showed up

>implying fotr isn't a solid 10/10

i admit that it was some good satire but it's still a pretty forgettable flick

You never go full retard.

junglekino tbqh mi familia

Get these gooks some plastic surgery, fuck.

Go to bed children.

Pic related: Birdsong (Cant de Ocells) 2008

agree

this, oldboy, and the good, the bad, the weird are the only korean films i can stomach

These

Shit flick, won't even call it a film. Boring as fuck.

Feel free to fuck off back to Sup Forums

Very much this.

Remarkably unappreciated movie. Probably the best action movie of that decade.

The Great Beauty
Mad Max:Fury Road (Fuck you, it's a classic)
Midnight in Paris

Also, Nobody Knows (2004).

what the fuck makes Midnight in paris a masterpiece?

What's with people posting obscure shitty movies? No they're not kino.

Almost a masterpiece
The smoke effects from the grenade launcher during Henry's storm on Akan could be better, but that's my only criticism. The music, the 1st person view and even the lack of explaining for a couple of things truly immerse you as Henry, you only see what he sees and know what he knows.

Also, Jimmy and Henry are they best action duo in years. Invincible Cyborg and his Sidekick of Endless Self-Sacrifice.

not him but it was pretty fucking awesome

>ignores him calling mad max a masterpiece

>Mad Max:Fury Road

agreed

There was nothing good about this.

>Nobody Knows
>Good
Best girl literally whores herself out.

Sup Forums has dogshit taste

What didn't you like about it?

robbed at oscars

haven't seen it
elaborate, please

It was unwatchable.

these are great

I've only watched Syndromes and a Century here and it is definitely a masterpiece

going to watch this tonight

It's a stupid fucking gimmick for the Call of Duty ADHD generation, woah first person so good and interesting.

Dust In The Wind is amazing, so is this, the snow sequences are so beautiful, it's been a while since I've seen it though.
Of course.
Watch them maybe?
Still a masterpiece, Kore-eda the GOAT (kinda).
Have you seen "Time Of The Wolf"?

the way it shifts between times is seamless and i love the depiction of the era

Embrace of the Serpent was fantastic

The gimmick was used to fully immerse you in the middle of the action and I think it worked extremely well. Sharlto Copley's performance as excellent and the soundtrack was perfect.

Is it high art? No. It's not on that level, but a very well made movie regardless.

the depiction of the era is that of someone who has never read a fucking book on "that era"

also it's not fluid at all and the imagery feels cheap, it's a hack's work

fucking cartoon shit

you know what i'm going to say

what?

It took some getting used to, but the second time I watched it it looked a lot better.

I actually dropped this movie after the first 30 minutes.

All the detective work was just them beating up a retard and.. in general being pretty shitty detectives.

Oldboy was kind of a letdown tbqh.
It was really, really, really predictable. It made me mad that I called the movie for what it'd be at the very start.

yfw someone tries to tell you that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is better than Hero

I actually watched Hero high as fuck in a theater by myself after watching CTHD and it's still one of the best movie experiences of my life.

That snub on the BCC poll still hurts me.

Yeah man that's the point. They're shit detectives because it's set in a shit time

this

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie? I thought it was cool that after almost 100 years somebody finally had the balls (ironic considering the directors) to make a movie with Griffith's fugue-type structure from Intolerance.

I liked how the different stories actually felt a lot like different kinds of movies and how the actors played so many meme-tastic roles but at the same time resisted the temptation to meme the fuck out and go over the top.

I don't know about masterpiece but I really enjoyed it.

Unironically this.

This movie is excellent.

>BLACK DOWNEY JR.
really makes you think

This movie is massively underrated and picked apart by reddity nitpicker retards but calling it a 10/10 masterpiece is WAY too far.

But good science-fiction movies are so rare. If Prometheus doesn't make it then none do, and that's sad.

2001, Alien, Blade Runner and Solaris all make it. Prometheus isn't close to those.

I can easily think of ten sci-fi movies better than Prometheus.

>21st century film
Also Blade Runner is horribly overrated

Even if we take away the time criteria I bet you'll fuck this up. If you're thinking of including Gattaca don't even bother.

The Spanish are so pretentious. REC was ruined with their stupid accent.

>Watching someone play a video game.

The movie.

Christ you are an obnoxious little fuckwit. You really need to fuck off forever

Gattacababy detected

I bet you also liked John Wick and own Dredd on bluray.

>Children of Men
>Minority Report
>Moon
>A Scanner Darkly
>District 9
>Beyond The Black Rainbow
>Ex Machina
>Primer
>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
>Her

Bonus for even Interstellar and Artificial Intelligence being better.

>haven't seen but I only ever hear bad things
>maybe
>no
>haven't seen yet
>I like it but no
>YES, slipped my mind
>haven't seen
>haven't seen but sounds like complete ass
>haven't seen but its meme-status makes me think no
>haven't seen

No one cares. Fuck off.

Pretend that Jaime Foxx doesn't exist and this is a solid as hell movie.

you cared enough to reply

You're saying Prometheus is one of the best sci-fi movies of the 21st century when you haven't even seen most of the sci-fi movies made this century?

Typical fucking Sup Forums tryhard. Goes to show who defends this movie lol.

Also
>>haven't seen but I only ever hear bad things
It's a modern classic, the only people I see talking shit about it are the contrarians on this board.

Armond White shit on it pretty hard. That's generally a bad sign. And I haven't really heard anything good about most of the movies you posted. It's pretty rare for a mainstream movie that doesn't impress anybody to be hidden GOAT.

This is one of the few actual film discussion threads on this board and you're killing it with your awful taste and your autism. Kill yourself.

Am I getting trolled? Armond hates anything that other people praises and praises shit just to be controversial and get ad revenue.

>actual discussion
I'm the only one prompting discussion here. Before the the thread was entirely people posting posters and every now and then some faggot replying to everyone with 'good,' 'bad,' 'i like this.'

Back when he was on Rotten Tomatoes he agreed with the consensus more than half of the time. You've been mentally cucked into seeing anything other than hardline shilling as contrarianism.

i dont know if i would call this a masterpiece, but i still enjoyed it quite a bit. it was refreshing to see sci fi like this, i hadnt seen somehting like this before and i was taken aback (in a good way). i like the concept of them living the same lives, but i think it wouldve been better if there were different actors for each of the 5 stories.

with that said, the neo seoul story is my fave part. son mi owns my heart

>You've been mentally cucked into seeing anything other than hardline shilling as contrarianism.
That's why Armond praised Dirty Grandpa while hating Frost/Nixon? This is the last (You) I'm giving you.

No, if you want to know why he praised Dirty Grandpa and hated Frost/Nixon I'd recommend reading his reviews. Something which most of White's critics are loathe to do because it's much easier to spout memes like 'White loved Transformers 2' even though his review opened with 'why waste spleen on Transformers?'

>I'd recommend reading his reviews

And I'd recommend actually watching half the movies you shit on instead of letting a shitty critic decide for you.

I don't think I've read White reviews on any of those movies but Children of Men, and by the time I'd read that I'd already heard lots of off-putting stuff from other places. Funnily enough the worst I heard was from its fans, who wouldn't shut-up about the long-take. If a gimmicky shot is what's impressing most people I'm inclined to think there's not much on offer. Of course I'd like to see for myself but the movie never seems to be on tv.

And I hardly 'shit on' the movies. Most of them got 'haven't seen' with a couple of exceptions where I mentioned that I'm going off of what I've heard or whatever else.

i dont understand this. Like, what's the appeal?

ZombieKino

Pacific Rim is probably the only summer block buster that will be remembered as a classic in 20 years

This movie was a cringefest and a clustefuck in rythm, tone, script- you name it really. Holy shit. This is anything BUT a good film.

I won't even regard these. You are either fucking underage or shitposting.

No. You mean Jackson's King Kong, if anything.

trips

Too bad you did regard me :^)

This and Black Dynamite are pure negrokino

To return to topic:

Inherent Vice despite minor flaws is near perfect.
So was The Slow West in what it was.

Pic related.

Perfection

Great

>10/10
Pleb

Dogshit