Alright Sup Forums what stops me from ripping a $100 dollar bill in half then taking each half into separate banks and...

Alright Sup Forums what stops me from ripping a $100 dollar bill in half then taking each half into separate banks and trading them in for new bills?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach–Tarski_paradox
bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html
bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html.
youtu.be/eaan2y1isNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You found out the secret. It's game over for the federal reserve.

You're a stupid fuck

Has to be like 60% of it for them to take it

I imagine, if I had to guess, only the half with the security strip would be traded in. The half without would be rejected.

because they will only give you $50, Its been done son son

Serial number faggot

They would want both halves, smart guy. You think nobody has come up with this before? But I hope nothing stops you from trying.

Bank worker here.
Really depends on who you get. We're told not to accept it unless there's more than 70% of the bill but some people will take whatever just to resolve the issue and get you to leave. Other people just don't fucking care.

So your saying I just need to find the worker who doesn't give a fuck?

Couldn't I just say I lost the other half?

Need both serial numbers, they're at opposite corners

And if I rip that will they give me a $25?

What if it was ripped horizontally?

that's p much the case with everything in life

(a) General. Lawfully held mutilated paper currency of the United States may be submitted for examination in accord Start Printed Page 30726with the provisions in this subpart. Such currency may be redeemed at face amount if sufficient remnants of any relevant security feature and clearly more than one-half of the original note remains. Fragments of such mutilated currency which are not clearly more than one-half of the original whole note or are lacking sufficient remnants of any relevant security feature will be redeemed at face value only if the Director, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Department of the Treasury, is satisfied that the missing portions have been totally destroyed. The Director's judgment shall be based on such evidence of total destruction as is necessary and shall be final. Any submission under this subpart shall be deemed an acceptance of all provisions contained herein.

(b) Definitions. The following definitions are used in this subpart:

Mutilated currency is currency which has been damaged to the extent that: (i) One-half or less of the original note remains; or

(ii) Its condition is such that its value is questionable and the currency must be forwarded to the Department of the Treasury for the examination by trained experts before any redemption is made.

This is actually a pretty good idea. Dont know why I didnt come with it myself

Pretty much. The worst that will happen is someone will tell you to fuck off.

U

Yes

51%. Most banks have a scale they measure the bill with. If there's not enough they won't pay.

My sister tore all the money in my wallet in half one time and I took the halves in. They replaced them.

They turn the torn bills into the federal reserve for destroying.

Tldr

bank employee here.

probably trolling, but you need at least 70% of the bill for it to count as a negotiable currency.

in my years working in banking i've never taken half of a bill, although it does happen and some tellers (usually the newer ones) sometimes scrub out and take them

What's to stop you from ripping it into 100 pieces and getting 100 new bills?

I like your thinking

>what is a serial number

>he thinks the serial numbers mean something

44444 get

>What is diagonal?

This is how it works

nice

chances?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach–Tarski_paradox

This pretty much answers your question, op.

Possibly

ive figured it out my friends
let us get rich now

10/10

I was just about to propose this scenario. Godspeed

This may be dumb enough to work....

Hmmm...that's almost worth a try.

There are some damn retarded beta fags in this thread.

Someone should try it out with $1 if it works try with $100 in another bank

Forgive me for my imbecilic mind but wouldn't you just make back the notes you cut up , I fail to see how the profit is made

That hurt bro..

does this make more sense?

Yes, it does, thank you very much.

You have to have 3/5ths of a bill to redeem it. Dumbass.

banks knowing that trick and requiring 2/3s of a bill

a hurrrrrrr

Theyre going to say you need the other half.

plus it also costs money

Yes. Thanks for handling my stupidity with such patience.

Yea, i went to do it once and they didnt even ask me for the second half. I ended up giving it to her because i dunno she was cute.

A few weeks later a coworker had written give me the money on the back of a deposit slip in my truck. She got scurred.

bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html

As usual Sup Forums is filled with morins. you need 51% of the bill to exchange it for good bills. the federal reserve will actually take any money that is severely damaged like in a fire, flood, animals, and by hand reconstruct the bills. i've seen them do this with money burned in a fire, they use tweezers and microscopes to ensure any fragments are put together to make 51% or more of a bill.

no it doesn't fucktard. see bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html. "The BEP redeems mutilated currency as a free public service." again regards talk out their uninformed stupid fucked asses. hence djt is the president

alright maybe i'm the one talking out my ass this time. if i recall correctly i think the criteria that the bep employs to replace a bill is that they must be able to recover 3 corners of the bill. i don't recall what the requirement is for the serial number. i think that must be recoverable as well. i'm trying to find more info. i've seen a video about this a long time ago

youtu.be/eaan2y1isNo

ok here is one video that shows the bep employees recovering damaged currency with tweezers etc. says they need 51% of a bill to replace it. it is a free service

this is for a lumpsome of money, not 5 or 6 bills (2 at a time)
>nigger