Tfw just slugged through S1 of Star Trek TOS

>tfw just slugged through S1 of Star Trek TOS

How much of the second and third seasons can I skip?

None. The entire series is pure, unadulterated kino.

if you can't get through TOS then i think star trek really isn't for you

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>s1 of tos and tng are shit meme

kys

>slugged through
Star wars threads are that way
>>>>>>

I am disgusted by numales. Go back.

Season 1 of TOS is really slow, I agree, but it's also the season that takes itself more... seriously(?)
Seasons 2 and 3 are more of that klassik kino that everyone remembers but it does get a lot more cheesier

dw s2 is the best

wtf I was just watching this episode

>tfw Shatner, Nimoy, and Bones all got tinnitus for the rest of their lives after a SFX mishap in its production

I'm doing the same OP, I'm on S3 now.
I think the show took itself more serious in S1 - which I personally liked - so if you want a little more self awareness it gets better.
The characters become more defined as well - more of the cliches and tropes pop culture made us familar with.
What I'd recommend so far is
>Amok Time
Excellent Spock episode - see Vulcan and Vulcan culture
>The Doomsday Machine
Basically Moby Dick, but bretty gud. If the idea of Moby Dick in space doesn't' appeal to you - maybe skip it.
>mirror mirror
Evil Enterprise - with an evil Spock with a goatee
Personally I think Doctor Who did the evil mirror universe better, but still pretty good.
>The Trouble With Tribbles
A classic episode - although I would argue pretty overrated all the same. If you want Star Trek comedy this is it.
>journey to babel
I really liked this one. We get to see Spock's parents and the founding races of the Federation. Deepest Lore and all that.
>Patterns of Force
If you want to see the main characters in nazi uniforms, here you go.
>the ultimate computer
I haven't heard much praise for this one, but I enjoyed it. Enterprise is out of control because computers.
I'm on S3 at the moment, just watched The Enterprise Incident. Its the only one I can recommend so far.

>I'm on S3 at the moment, just watched The Enterprise Incident. Its the only one I can recommend so far.
It's pretty much the only genuinely good S3 episode to be honest. And this is coming from someone who likes TOS the best. S3 is very rough.

oh The Tholian Web is good too. Forgot about that one.

Yeah, I've enjoyed TOS but I am pretty keen to see what the movies are about and move on to TNG which I've seen a bit of and really enjoy.
Is TAS any good?

Good save. Came here to say Tholian Web is one of the only good S3 eps

>he didn't like s1 of ToS
time to kill yourself

Whats the point of watching a show if you skip it?

>he didn't like the season with Balance of Terror in it
I couldn't have called you friend.

A lot of TOS episodes have an element of absurdity, but if it had been more grounded, it would not have been nearly as interesting. Next Gen gets away with being a lot more grounded, because TOS did the dirty work of building a fantastical environment to live in.

Except season one of TNG is shit.

TNG also focused on realistic pseudo science

So you can say you watched it and pretend to know what you're talking about when other people discuss it.

Absolute best acting on TOS was William Windom as Decker in "Doomsday Machine." Followed by Joanne Linville as the Romulan in "The Enterprise Incident."

>slugged
You mean slogged

>To be young and never have watched TOS

Easily one of the best episodes of TOS, if not the best
William Campbell, while hammy, is very enjoyable to watch.