What is the Coen brothers' best movie and why is it The Big Lebowski?

What is the Coen brothers' best movie and why is it The Big Lebowski?

I always wear a bathrobe, is there anything comfier?

A snuggie addresses the issue of uneven weight distribution that bath robes have.

Really tied their filmography together.

That's true, I should invest in a snuggie

Fargo is their best film, but this will always be my favorite

Aren't snuggies just inside out robes?

just put your robe on backwards, bam you got a snuggie

Barton Fink is my favorite, but I like a lot of them, A Serious Man was great, Fargo was great, loved Inside Llewyn Davis, True Grit was great.

My back will be cold though

Do you like NCFM?

Are the Coens the only ones that manage to portray misunderstandings and assumptions the right way?

I do

One I haven't seen and want to see is Hail Caesar, I haven't gone to the movies much lately.

He fixes the cable?

Inside Llewyn Davis is one of my favorite movies, regardless of director
But I also love folk music and depression

Objectively the most overrated movie of all time.

Well obviously you're not a golfer

They're just robes worn backward and with no pockets.

What’s a pederast?

Fargo > Big Lebowski > No Country > Burn After Reading > Raising Arizona > O Brother > True Grit > A Serious Man > Hudsucker

didn't see the rest

Shut the fuck up donny

You're out of your element

You hypocrite, you just don’t get it, do you? You think the whole world revolves around whatever rattles inside your kike head?

i loved millers crossing

my favorite is A Serious Man

Kike is not the preferred nomenclature, Jewish-American, please

impossible because the movie is actually spectacular

>mfw parking lot

Burn After Reading is alright but below par for them

Burn After Reading is their best

Meye neighmane iz roosder codburne

Are there anyone have ever seen Blood Simple?
It is the first and essential I think.

This could be you.

Fuck man, I love them all except Inside Llewyn Davis, don't really see the appeal of that one. Lebowski is my favorite partially because my brother is basically the Dude.

sounds like it's become a thing for you

Yeah it's great. Dark and intense film with very few characters.

Yeah, well, thats just like, your opinion man

That's true, they don't do it in an annoying lazy cliched way, they do it in a way so that its absolutely essential to the plot

ILD felt like it as slogging around aimlessly but the ending made it completely worth it.

True Grit remake is #2

user, you are not blowing.

O' Brother Where Art Thou, imo is their best film. It's a masterpiece. The film colouring technique, clever retelling of an ancient epic, brilliant acting, soundtrack of lesser known folk pieces written during the era and recorded just for the film. It's so great, can watch it over and over again and never gets boring.

Have the Coens ever made a bad film? I've liked some more than others, but they've never to me made a bad film. Even O Caesar! which I was pretty lukewarm on grew on me, and it was really well written and had a lot of fun moments. It's still a well done movie even I just felt meh about it.

Who got JUSTed harder, her or Lohan?

controlling for age Lohan easily

The Ladykillers is a legit bad movie.

Burn After Reading
A Serious Man

this looks like some Coen x Wes Anderson shit

the climax of Burn After Reading was hilarious

Burn After Reading is Coens' most underrated film. It's beautiful. It's a marvelous ode to human stupidity, it's hilarious and the cast is stellar. I have no idea why it isn't praised as creme de la creme, the film is stupendously great, I'm not memeing here. I love BAR, legitimately one of my favorite films of the 00s.

anyone seen A Serious Man? is it good?

Yes. No.

not great but still better than the vast majority of the shit Hollywood churns out

raising arizona
blood simple
miller's crossing
barton fink
a serious man
o brother
no country
big lebowski
fargo
hudsucker
true grit
o caeser
inside llewyn
burn after reading
ladykillers

this is my list. i liked that film a lot. the acting was pretty good.

it's one of the best neu-cohen films

The best and my favorite

How did the Coen brothers manage to make the Big Lebowski feel so silly yet so grounded and believable at the same time?