You DO have a tube amp for your headphones, right?

You DO have a tube amp for your headphones, right?

Placebo meme.

Yeah I do have one, and the difference is really noticeable especially for guitar, bass, drum

But I didn't spend $1000 on it, I bought a Chinese knock off for $150

t never ever listened to one

Objectively technically inferior.

It smothers the sound too much, I like my music crisp.

Are those heat sinks in the back? I want to get one of these but I don't want to burn the house down

>headphones
Would you like some tinnitus with that?

I have sennheiser 598se's and I don't think they're powerful enough to need an amp

why do people never seem to care about speaker tube amps? too expensive?

I have a tube pre-amp for my microphone if that counts.

You can get it from speakers just as easily.

nope

if you aren't blaring it loud as hell like a dumbass you should be good.

I recently bought a Magni 2 being convinced it was the best shit around for my price range and now I find out I'm actually still a pleb because it doesn't have glass sticking out of it.

this

>placebo
If you ever listened to an otl tube amp you realized it was no placebo at all but very real, as in completely shit because not transparent
>deliberately adding discoloration to your signal
fucking retards

t.pleb

Ever been at a concert?

Why would I listen to imperfect versions of songs?

t.deaf subjectivist

People are trying to downplay these amps as if people use them 24/7 but they're really just more of a novelty. Same argument about adding extra shit to the sound could be made about every old music format as well. Just a way to recapture how it actually sounded half a century ago rather than the go to way to listen to all music.

does your TV still have tubes, fag?

>implying you can't just eq to get that "warm sound"

it's more from thd and in a transformerless setup also the lack of any worthwhile damping factor ruining your transients
these are mostly non-linear problems you can't just eq in even if you wanted to

While most of these headphone amps make very little difference, a tube amp is most definitely not placebo. They provide a lot of coloration. The question is whether that coloration is any good or if it's worth the money (it's not.)

"Hey guys, plugging this 2000$ tube amp into my first gen iphone makes music way better"
Unless you have a 10000$ vinyl collection with a 5000$ player you have no reason to own a tube amp.

none of what you write makes any sense because there is no reason whatsoever to own a tube amp