Why was he so fedora? Why is he even rated...

Why was he so fedora? Why is he even rated? Does he even have a movie without a honkahonka and a blonde girl as a protagonists?

Go back to baneposting

>it's a how to almost get away with killing your wife episode

He was the best director of his culture and generation. No one was fedora before him. He was the first fedora.

Are you sure about that?

>it's Sup Forums trying to discuss really good directors using their shitty meme language

You should seriously go back to MCU thread, they say Dr. Strange was nice.

>it's a strongk woman is being manipulated by a bad man and/or doing the manipulating herself episode

Poe wasn't a film director m8

And if you want to cite a fedora author fucking Diogenes wrote self loathing tripe way before Poe.

He insisted on having movie stars and he got them. He never explored narrative and his characters are almost always static. But goddamn he could write the fuck out of a third act.

Oh and his silent films have some unknowns in em but when he made talkies it was all hunks and babes

So you agree AH wasn't the first fedora?

Salvador Dali was an earlier fedora director, then.

underrated

>Why was he so fedora?
Well geez portly Misogynist with a fixation on Freudian psychology: you already know the answer to this one user!

>Why is he even rated?
popular exposure from The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
He was also articulate in interviews, because his films are very technical it made it easy for academics and reviewers to laud his films because it was easy to verbally express and write essays on the mechanics of his films.

You can't do that with a John Cassavetes film, just for example: too performance based. It's way easier to just discuss technique dependent films.

>Does he even have a movie without a honkahonka and a blonde girl as a protagonists?
No idea, I assume he did since he made many films.
Also, don't say "Honkahonka" it wasn't until this post that I realized what the hell that means.

Repressed homosexuality. It's quite apparent in his interview with Truffaut. In fact he even admits to going to gay clubs (although he says it wasn't gay for him since he's straight) and that didn't become interested in women until he was in his 30s.

I've been to gay bars with people despite being straight, but especially in his early movies the repressed homosexuality is undeniable

I just caught the 2015 Hitchcock/trauffaut and listened to the radio interviews but I think that u mite b rite m8. Zizeks bits on hitch are p nice too, If you're into dumb analyses ;)

Oi what bits are u referencing tho? Cause he sure had a lot of held male gaze and a fair share of hunk exploitation. He might have left it in for the ladies and ticket sales

Shoulda name dropped bresson instead of his poor copycat. Even tati could direct physical action better than cassavetes and he made comedies

>Why was he so fedora?
Meaningless buzzword
>Why is he even rated?
Because he was excellent and a genuine pioneer and innovator of genres, techniques, and great at creating suspense.
>Does he even have a movie without a honkahonka and a blonde girl as a protagonists?
Name 5 where this happens, you fucking memer

Wait is this a joke about zizeks Freudian anaylsis of hitch? I can't tell anymore.

All of his color films have movie stars.

A fun hitch top 5
Rope
North by northwest
Vertigo
Birds
Family plot

Honorable mention to manxman as a great silent black and white

hes the donald of film. yucky fat old dude obsessed with harassing and spying on hot actresses