Damn really liked this thumb too :(

Damn really liked this thumb too :(

did the same to my middle finger a while back
how did it happen OP

Cutting chicken update picks to come in an emt so I just kinda patched myself up but I’m bleeding from some kind of vessel and it won’t stop probably gonna have to get it burned

Howd you manage to do that?

not so bad op, request some skin grafts to give the end a little bit of chubb back, glad the bone wasn't exposed. you'll be aite

Some kind of clotting material is doing the job bloods already coagulating

How did you fuck up cutting chicken that badly?

That's why you cut with your fingers pointed inwards..

The cutting bored is all slippery from the raw meat and I looked to check time while still chopping and then it happened didn’t hurt that bad tbh couldn’t even tell how bad it was till I wiped the blood away but I just made a tourniquet out of some roll gauze and a pen to stop the bleed so I could drive to the hospital without the blood making my hands slip of the wheel lol I still really want chicken though 100% serious anyone got any good fried chicken recipes for your stub thumb boy

Live and learn I guess

No more thumbing buttholes for you op.

Preeeetty sure that's some bone exposed in that first pic. Glad you're going to the ER, that will 100% get infected if you don't. If you just wrapped straight gauze on that wound, it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker when they take that and fhe clot with it off. Godspeed OP, and don't drive if you're dizzy or feel faint, or you'll fuck you and some other people up even worse on the way to the ED.

You're going to get salmon in you thumb from the salmonella. This one time I cut a huge gash into my hand, I could see every layer of skin down to the muscle. I wish I took a pic. After it was stitched and wrapped up I liked feeling it heal

i did that almost exact cut on the bandsaw. was cutting pork butts.

Word from the doc just came in so I do have exposed bone but it’s fully intact I’m going to obviously be on some antibiotics and he said the clot mesh being removed will frankly “hurt like a bitch” and if any infection happens at all I risk amputation so wish me luck boys

youll be fine.

sorry my bad brother looked like some light colored tissue, i still think you'll be alright, sorry it happened m8.

looks into purchasing these, its worth it.

Eh you deserved it. Go vegan.

GOOOOO

Dubs I’ll go vegetarian that’s the most I can handle

You could always go into the ocean and use the salt to heal your wound.
I tripped and ended up with a huge gash on the back of my head during my trip in Jamaica, the doctor told me to go into the ocean every day. I did it and when I got back to USA it was healed.

Called it. It's ok OP, smart move on going in to the ER in a quick and timely manner. Worked in the ED for about a year (am an RN) and seen people lop off their thumbs tip a few times. Mostly from those mandolins, the flat cooking tool with a blade that makes reall thin cuts of stuff.

If you get any shooting pains up your arm, or it starts feeling really hot radiating out from you thumb up your wrist, go back ASAP. You don't want to get septic, you will die very quickly if an infection gets in your bloodstream. Sorry that happened to ya.

motherfucker, the tip of his goddamn thumb ain't gonna grow back.

gosh that looks fkn painful

Hey thanks really want to get become a trauma nurse but for now I’m just an emt but I really appreciate the advice and help

>jamaica
>doctor

lucky you didn't get a head full of vibrio

Give updates OP

The fuck kinda doctor did you see that tells you to stick an open wound in a horribly bacteria laden environment?

Ya mon! Go dip ya crahs-tee bumbaclot 'ead in da o-sean erry dahy, it be betah een no tyme! Dohnt ya be worryan bout dat gaypan wound and da bock-tear-ee-ah, da sult in da wahtah will keep eet at bay.

Wrapped up now can’t wait for the pain to kick in the middle of the night

HA

Godspeed OP.

Sell it on craigslist

Was hoping I could take a picture of the thumb and nail in the chicken but the gf threw it away while I was gone :(

Aw, sorry, but at least it's been treated, and I hope that you enjoy the chicken that you hopefully got for dinner. Good luck with the healing process, and don't let that sepsis shit happen; it is exactly as bad as the other guy said it was.

chain mail gloves... for cutting chicken... wow our species is fucking special.

Thanks man

I know crazy that I am held with the responsibility of saving lives but I can’t cut chicken

depends on the speed, like in fast food restaurants such as chipotle they're pretty much required

Go to popeyes and get yourself some chicken...fingers.

Thanks for keeping me busy in the er and all the advice guys going to bed see you later fags stub thumb out

heal well Sup Forumsro

If it makes you feel any better, I'm the nurse from before, and 3 weeks ago I feel down my friend's stairs like someone in a cheap horror film. His stairs were from his 3rd story condo to ground level. I was fixing my shoe at the top, leaned forward a bit too much, and completely missed grabbing the railing. Had to go to the ER and get 3 stitches in my scalp and a CAT scan because I hit my head pretty good.

I know the radiologist who did the scan. He said I needed Life Alert...

Hahaha that’s some good shit thought glad you checked out okay

update us on the healing. Do a Reddit AMA lawls

Bruh keep a wet rag underneath your cutting board