W/ Westworld General Thread

/ourguy/ edition
Previous

Azor Logan

>Azor
I don't speak video game, wtf is this

Dolores is perfection and I want to kiss her mouth

Logan

Lol! Great image for this thread. I get it. It's "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids". Lol!

you'll felch MiB and like it

This show needs more penis shots

>white guy bullying the minority surgeon for having dreams
>followed by a scene of the behavior girl staring at a big black cock and talking about assets
What did they mean by this?

Willores is canon.

OUR SHIP

So for this multiple timeline theory, are the "office" scenes a single timeline or are they jumping back and forward in time too?

Lawrence is a Bro!

Only way we will ever settle the timeline is if MIB meets William

Or if MIB reveals his name

All I want is a Logan full frontal scene is that too much to ask for

>gahhhh stop having fun, why won't anyone listen to my timeline theories *stink lines*

I think time travel is a large part of the show. Think about it, why is there so much western stuff? They never explained it, and that stuff doesn't just exist in the future. They must be going back in time via the train tunnel to the old west.

What's the deal with these timeline theories? What do they base this stuff off of?

Lol! I understand your inference but I only post earnestly. I was genuinely amused! I really liked this thread's image!

>*stink lines*
i genuinely laughed

its called reaching and autism

there is nothing happening with different timelines in the show, at this point i dont know if people are trolling or just fucking retarded

Or if Dolores will be wearing the same clothes around MiB that she's currently wearing around Logan and William.

Which previews say she is

because there are different characters who appear in different scenes

so clearly they are in different times and maybe even different universes

Imagine how wet she would have been being in the presence of Hopkins.

please kill me
please end my suffering

Yes I would like that also

Holes in the dual timeline theory so far:
>Dolores remembers being raped by MiB before running away presumably to William and Logan; theorists say these are two different scenes
>MiB says everything was perfect and mechanical inside the original androids; theorists say there is still blood in the OG androids (that William would presumably be facing)
>Ford tells Teddy he is being given a backstory for the Wyatt narrative, yet in the pilot he recites the whole brooding past dialogue before Dolores is raped by MiB
>Dolores is said to have gone through multiple narratives and roles, and we know Maeve to have been a mother attacked by Native Americans in the past, yet if timeline theory is true they have the same roles they did thirty years ago (rancher's daughter and madam)

Ready to put this one to rest yet?

Why have these threads become so aggressive lately? Can't we all just bond over the western orgies?

by all accounts when he's not in character the man's a lot of fun to be around and insists on being called Tony

>*stink lines*

previews are purposely misleading

If Dolores is off her loop in both timelines, one with William and one by herself trying to find the maze then her having the same clothes and repeating the path isn't out of the question

Plus it doesn't show MIB being in the same scene as William

He was eyeing those titties throughout the scene.

Dolores is a fucking boring annoying special snowflake whore

QUESTION: Is The Maze a theoretical turing test kinda thing?

Like, if they prove their sentience, they earn their freedom or something?

> ywn get to fuck around with Tony on set

Not even then. That was a boring fucking orgy, and still no J-cup tits.

>then her having the same clothes and repeating the path isn't out of the question

Are you saying she'd run away, find people that's take that same 30 years in the making bounty, dudes go black hat cause El Lazo easter egg, and go to that same town to get the same clothes?

You're reaching hard as fuck right now

>Plus it doesn't show MIB being in the same scene as William

Still the exact same fucking shirt!

>tfw you realise Sup Forums is the maze and you have to prove your sapience to earn your freedom

Yeah I thought it was pretty pointless
How does that even work? They were literally all in a pile, it would be very uncomfortable and sweaty

Why did he cried?

>Still the exact same fucking shirt!
doesn't mean much if shes in a white blouse like that

ALSO, that person in black might not even be the MIB

If dolores is the oldest omnic in the park, how many BBC's has she taken? More than bbcfu?

i was just thinking that. i don't think the maze actually exists, i think what it is is something with the androids brain and a way to find sentience.

so mib is looking for something that doesn't exist, because the maze is for the hosts. it's literally tattooed in their skulls

Logan

Robert McKee once said that it was less important whether a script had plot holes than if it glaringly broke immersion. He goes back to Chinatown and points out at least 3 things wrong with the plot and another 1 or 2 with Alien that most people don't think about.

The screenwriter's job isn't to make the script watertight, it's to distract you from where it's leaking.

>tfw you get too close to GM island and the GM personally visits you

It was more boring than Eye Wide Shut's, and that orgy was supposed to be part of the weird dreamlike state of the entire movie. Also, EWS was way cooler because the women had full bush and you didn't have to see their faces. Super hot.

What about him

Fair enough, but stories shouldn't have plot holes. And if those issues in Chinatown (I haven't seen it in years) are actually plot holes and not just nitpicking, then fine. But there's a difference.

Also, McKee is a hack and we mocked him in film school

>i don't think the maze actually exists
It's in the promotional materials' photo of the area.

But I agree that the physical location is irrelevant.

The maze is like the cake in Portal

Remember that they said the ending would be heartbreaking

fuck..... these reddit sleuths are good

Willy and MiB allegedly have the same knife.

>stories shouldn't have plot holes
Autism

>and we mocked him in film school
I look forward to you struggling to get your 30 minute indie pieces listed in IMDB when you can't find a genuine film festival that aired them.

According to Logan, even a team of lawyers can't find out who Arnold is. How could this be possible if he purchased a large area of land for the park? Maybe because the park is actually on a very small piece of land.

>Maybe because the park is actually on Arnold

>doesn't mean much if shes in a white blouse like that

It does if it's the same shirt 30 years apart.

>ALSO, that person in black might not even be the MIB

Sure it isn't m8

Stop reaching

>it's a plot hole so I'm still right instead of just being wrong

I really like the fact that when you are in a more 'advanced' story, like in Pariah, they can easily tackle you and you can't gun down an entire army by yourself.

no story of any real length is going to NOT have plot holes

Never watched the first film. Is there much difference to it? Are they seperate entities based on the same Chricton shit?

> it's been in front of us all this time

This isn't really a give away, the knives (like the guns) are part of the costumes so there's likely to be many duplicates.

I felt like they showed this in the preview after showing MIB's knife so prominently in the prior episode just to jerk off 2-timeline fags despite them being wrong.

>tfw William is MiB just in the past

BESPOKE

Crichton wrote and directed the first film. It's fairly straightforward – park has robots but they're so advanced by this point because the later models are built by other robots, so the engineers don't actually know how they work. Eventually some virus spreads amongst the robots and they begin to start killing guests.

LOSTfags

there is a difference between characters making bad decisions and plot holes.

Plot holes, as I know them, are not good to have at all and distracting. To define them as "leaky parts" is to ignore the problem they introduce.

MiB is clearly William in the past after he's traveled back in time to discover the secret storyline because the park closed in the future.

Mainly because many scripts undergo rewrites, just like Chinatown did. But Mr. Community College Film School Graduate here knows better than either of us how a four act structure works or how multiple story arcs get woven through one another.

He probably thinks "Save The Cat" was better than "Story."

So that's the apparent plot of the show? Or are they expanding on it with this maze shit?

Leaving thread now due to several problematic issues. Bye.

timelinefags remind me of stannisfags

basically retardation

Has there EVER been a more r*ddit post?

>as I know them
and here's the problem
you think any character you don't like is a Mary Sue, right

His Sup Forums ever actually been right about significant theories in TV shows?

The only one I remember was the crazy religious guy playing alongside Hanks in Dexter S6 just being a figment of his imagination, but to be honest the show made that pretty obvious before the reveal anyway.

The movie had little to do with sentience or self-determination for manmade machines, it was just Terminator before Terminator.

So William's story is definitely a flashback, right?

how about you watch the fucking show instead of hanging out here trying to be cool, tripfaggot

Naw dude, I went to a good film school. I specifically took film analysis and script analysis courses because I'm interested in this stuff.

We broke down Hero's Journey, Story, Save the Cat, and a few other paradigms. The point is there is more than one way to skin a cat, and we have to understand that scripts aren't novels and the story/plot/screenplay is just one (small) part of the final production.

So no, small issues shouldn't matter... but at the same time the script is the one thing that is 100% malleable. So having glaring plotholes well into pre-production is ridiculous imo.

>reaching
>using a small clip of preview as proof of anything

Hmm sure m8

She was wearing the same shirt in the preview where she was outside of Westworld too in that office full of dead workers, does that mean she is with Will in that same place or time?

She was also wearing the same shirt in THIS scene.

You know the one where she was with Will in one scene, and then suddenly he disappears

where is my bbc webm, I want to be trolled with it but secretly like it.

it's more ghost-in-the-shell-ish

with robots becoming human and the ethical/moral issues involved.

also there's Dolores and William.. Literally the Cutest Couple ever

Just watched the new ep, Dorkaloris.
Just wondering what the differnece between the move and show is.

Well how do you explain Lawrence being at Pariah so quickly after killed by MiB? Entirely different script too.

>and we have to understand that scripts aren't novels
So you admit you never finished Story because it was 420 pages long and this cut into your video game time

>arnold wants to destroy park, dolores is the last to speak to him. arnold had dolores kill him because robots killing humans would scare investors.
>rich man MIB saves the day by helping to cover everything up and gets a lifetime VIP pass to the park

It's going to be so dumb if this scene meant she's just 'replaying' a memory with William / Young MIB and none if it is actually happening in real time.

the show's connection to the movie is the idea of a fantasy theme park loosely set in the old west where you can shoot and fuck but never get killed, and something is starting to go out of control

beyond that, no

Because they might not be at the EXACT same time. MiB's story could be a week before or a week after.

Not at all.

I also can't think of a major plot hole off the top of my head but this one:

In Interstellar, there is NO reason why trained and expert astronauts and astrophysicists and robots would land or even consider scanning a tidal-wave murder 7-years-in-an-hour planet.

That's a plot hole. Some character not telling another character a detail is NOT a plothole. The strength in a plot is dependant on the story and characters, a famous example is Blood Simple. The characters could resolve everything if they just talked it out but they're jealous, insecure, angry, and so on so it's understandable why they don't talk it out. (that's called an Idiot Plot, I think)

All you faggots claiming tonight's episode proved the different timelines theory, but it did just the opposite

MiB tells teddy how used to the robots didn't have blood and guts and shit, they were all mechanical inside

In William's events, the robots have blood and guts and shit.

BOOM

Yeah, after this episode I'm fully onboard with the multiple timelines theory.

>Mib tells host kid 'don't worry someone will pick him up soon
>someone picks him up
>fixes him and places him in a story loop

It's not hard to follow

>and guts
never seen nor implied, just blood

>guts and shit.
We haven't seen that in Williams event dumbass, only blood

It would be a terrible park if they couldn't get blood in that

>last five minutes of season finale
>android uprising happening
>Maeve leads the droids in killing guests
>chanting "VIOLENT DELIGHTS HAVE VIOLENT ENDS"
>Ford watching from control center sipping a glass of wine, sadly
>Teddy is confused and still saying shit like "I've got some reckoning to do," symbolic of the average confused audience member
>William having an existential crisis not sure if he's the Man in Black or not
>white control girl (forgot her name) is running around trying to fix shit, Bernardo tries to calm her down
>she slaps him amidst the chaos, gasps as he starts to repeat dialogue, realizes he is an android too
>Dolores dramatically running in slow motion toward the end of the maze
>voice in her head keeps saying "remember, remember"
>Man in Black is chasing her
>memories of past lives flooding back
>piano / violin music getting more and more intense
>finally reaches the center
>it's him
>it's Arnold
>she says "Move it football head!"
>series ends

We analyzed the book, we never read it.

Are you that big a fan of fkn McKee to get pissed when he's insulted? Believe me, much worse has been said about him and his approach.

Anyone else buy an old west reproduction revolver because of this series? They're actually surprisingly cheap.

But in William's story, they didn't even mention Wyatt, and he's apparently the biggest threat ever existed in WW.

his throat was slit and that is probably takes them 5 seconds to fix once they get them back to the base and then they reset his storyline and send him back

from what i can tell it looks like from the time he was killed to the time he shows back up is about 24 hours or so

What the fuck is up with US and kikes with forced pandering to minorities and interracial relationships??

>analyzed
how do you analyze something without reading it

did you pay your instructors to read all your materials for your