Why did they cancel Firefly?

Why did they cancel Firefly?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prefect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's actually not that great of a show.

>Because it's actually not that great of a show.
This. It didn't deserve more seasons

its better than most garbage on the tube these days

i wish they made more

Maybe so but it didn't set that high a bar.

The director's daughter was in a freak car accident during the filming for season 2. He went awol and they never finished. Eventually, the show was sold to Universal and they salvaged it into the movie Serenity.

how do i not know that thanx user

The world was not ready for its glory.

fpbp
Over rated shit is over rated shit.

>The director's daughter was in a freak car accident during the filming for season 2
Even God wanted them to stop making it.

Exactly none of that is true.

It was too antirepube and didn't fit with the Jew narrative. Can't have them goy thinking for themselves

I found it refreshing to be on the bad guys side foe once. Tired of this star trek jedi good soy boy angle

Was directed by Joss Whedon
His daughter Arden was born in 2002, same year firefly came out. His daughter squire wasn't born for a couple of years.

It ended because Fox only gave it 1 season to be another Buffy or Angel and it didn't have a big enough fan base

looper com/10800/real-reason-firefly-got-canceled/

so why make the movie then?

>I found it refreshing to be on the bad guys side foe once.

You're going to love Vikings on History Chanel. No other group of villains gets so much praise as the vikings.

Why don't you go read that link I posted.

Because it was good and it was on Fox.

because im lazy

Good for you.

it wasn't that good. i like it because im a fucking loser nerd, but even i can see that it was a bit over the top

over the top? explain you self

i mean it was like we get it this is a civil war allegory. and also like realistically river was a stupid and stereotypical "crazy girl" and that was annoying as fuck. if they never had river in the show it would have been a lot better.

He tried to make an outlaw star rip off and failed because the source material was better

star ripoff?

They cancel all my favourite tv shows They've cancelled Blood Drive now. God hates me.

Oh fuck here we go

I really liked that show. I was very disappointed when it was canceled.

It had
>mystery
>humor
>a serious bad guy (he kills children after all)
>struggle, like nearly dying in space from running out of fuel
>sexual charge (christina hendrix's speech about wanting to fuck was pretty boner inducing)
>fallible characters
>anti establishment/ independence boner

Right? I find really good scifi has a hard time appealing to the masses. Of course the stuff I like would never make it onto the screen, or if it did it's so rushed and neutered it sucks (I'm looking at you Dark Tower).

I think maybe The Prefect would make a good movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prefect

What else is good? I really like the expanse

You've got to remember that this was season one. He was setting up all kinds of shit that was going to gradually work out over several more seasons. He learned from buddy/angel and every character was coming with a build-in interesting backstory to slowly reveal and develop.

Dont forget Morena and Jewel holy fuck mah dick

yeah i mean i don't know if i could have kept watching another season because of river

The Expanse is the shit!

Them too. Christina Hendrix's speech gave me the biggest boner. If Morena had given it though...

They cant produce the episodes fast enough. I want moar

I just about jumped out of my chair at the last season's finale. Dude, it's only going to get better!

Because no one watched it. Debate whether it was good or not all you like, but that's why it got cancelled.

i hate most of these mongoloids on this planet. Not liking everything i do

Wrong.

The director's mother had a panic attack over the peanut butter jar being empty, turned out Uncle Terry, who'd been lying about having a peanut alergy since childhood because he hadn't liked the taste, got a taste of it and fell in love. Eventually the grandmother died of a heart attack when she discovered the upper level of the barn outside had been littered with empty jars of peanut butter. She couldn't believe Uncle Terry could have blown all of Grandpa Ignatius' inheritance on such a thing.

True. Problem is, if everything is done for ratings, we're all gonna end up watching Kim Kardashian shit in a bucket or something.

Or Breaking Bad, for that matter.

i watched vikings, love it. I have a sci fi itch I need to scratch