ITT ridiculous shit you think off when board or up late at night. I'll start

ITT ridiculous shit you think off when board or up late at night. I'll start

I think that everything has already been predetermined, like all humans are, are a bunch of atoms interacting with each other, every protein, every water molecule in your blood, the electric potentials in your nerves fucking everything. The only reason they are where they are now doing what they are doing now in our bodies is because of what happened billions of years ago thus everything that we will ever do is determined by interactions that happened at the big bang and after. Kinda makes me think life has no meaning (no in an edgelord way). Fun too think about the implications off this

Black holes are suicide on an atomic level then?

How does a deaf person have a conversation with a blind person?

How so?

I believe everything you believe, OP. There's nothing wrong with it. It is called materialism and determinism.

The deaf person talks and the blind person uses sign language...

How sad I’m going to be when my parents are gone. Even my stepdad. Hate watching them get old. But i think they hate it even more than me.

That's too real man

>the implications
yeah the huge and significatn implications...what are they again?

Sam Harris and many others believe the same, I've thought about it myself. It's the obvious conclusion, free will does not exist.

That he can do whatever he wants and its not his fault because its fated

when teens think out loud

Wrong, the moral implications you're drawing are your own.

Hits ya doesn’t it? Had a brother die at 20 when i was 16, had an anxiety of death ever since. Can’t help it. Super close with parents and stepdad also. Work everyday with him, have for a decade.

> when i die...........ill get led into a large room with 2 screens. .
> one of them shows everything good that ive done in my life.
> the other shows every bad action that ive ever caused.
> after i watch both movies,im then asked to judge if i am worthy of entering the afterlife.......whatever it may be.

This thought alone has caused me to stay up MANY nights worrying. I also think about the typical shit that gives me insomnia: silly things ive done, comments ive said during the day,etc. And i also think of a lot of opportunities ive missed.

Consciousness ends at death so don't worry too much about it.

Man, it’d be a fucking toss up if i die today. Bump.

Like what if you made a computer that could predict the future by tracking every molecule,

Noice

What if it doesnt?

Lets assume our conciousness leaves our body at the exact moment of dying. There has to be somewhere it goes towards,or some universal power it gets drawn back to.

Same for me mate.

Also,imma have to same fag and check you my dude.

Not possible, stoner talk.

Consciousness relies on a brain. No brain no consciousness. The substrate of consciousness is pure being. "You" will exist as pure being, is-ness, but there is no consciousness or sense of self on top of this.

Muh god, Muh jesus

?

Fair enough,that i can completely understand

What about the 6 1/2 minutes of neurons and synapses that fire after the brain is dead? Science has not fully determined what the mind is trying to do right after it dies,or if its just releasing a hellish amount of DMT.

With that much activity going on,wouldnt we experience something outside of this world? Anything?

There is absolutely no evidence to bear this out. Millions of people believe this but only because they want it to be true, not because we observe it. I'm not saying it's impossible- just highly unlikely given the fact that most people perpetuate this idea based on their emotions around death, rather than observation. I think that this claim: "well I mean we're all special so it *can't* just end when we die, can it?!?" is not evidence, it's a flimsy argument.

Sorry for tipping my fedora there a little bit but I feel like this is a reasonable thing to say... Am I just a brainlet over here or what?

Nondeterminism exists very much in nature and information processing systems (such as your conscience). This is famously demonstrated by quantum theory. Not everything is predetermined.

You got me on that one. I wish there was an article i could source,or something to post here to back this up...........but yes,the evidence for this argument isnt very strong.

Ive just always had this innate feeling that there is some deeper understanding and power out there........we may never know it,or ever get to meet it though.

And nah mate,you aint fedora tipping at all. I enjoy conversations like this,because it allows me to hear others perspectives on the matter.

I think LSD can lend insight into what happens to the mind near death, the clarity and diminished sense of self, fully present and experiencing reality, somehow more basic and pure, free from regrets and anxieties and other things beyond the "now." The last firings are probably nonsense, but I guess we'll find out. Maybe there are hallucinations or jumbled thoughts, but no afterlife, no reality beyond this one.

I have always wanted to trip!

My experiences with psychs are only with shrooms,and im curious to see where acid would lead me. The trouble is finding a reliable source in my area.

This hippie artist im close to may have a connection,but i highly doubt it.

Why is it that when I look in a mirror over my shoulder with my glasses of I don't see as well as I would be with them on.
Am I not standing within seeing distance of the mirror? Why is it not the same as looking through a camera

When I am board this is all I can think of.

I like this question.

I sometimes wonder at this. The brain builds a construct, a narrative, based on our sensory inputs. What we see and experience is a representation. When our inputs don't make sense, the brain just pretends that they do and keeps on narrating. People with brain damage, or some types of psychosis, or dementia, experience pieces of reality that are objectively false, but there's no way to convince them that their delusions are just that.

If you look at "near death experiences" as evidence of an afterlife, it falls apart when you realize that a "near death experience" can be easily recreated in the lab. When combat pilots were put through a big centrifuge to simulate high-G conditions, most of them blacked out from lack of bloodflow to the brain, and a large percentage of them reported "near death" experience. When the sensory inputs go haywire, the brain frantically tries to make sense of it, and this often manifests in similar ways: a tunnel of light, or "floating" above one's body and seeing it as an outside observer, or seeing mythological beings such as angels that are commonly believed in one's culture.

I find myself thinking, also, that brain damage and retardation are evidence of a lack of soul; the actual physical structure of the brain seems to determine consciousness and being.

As an ER nurse, I've also seen people die. This is a predictable process. Experienced hospice nurses can predict with reasonable accuracy how long a dying person will hold on based on physical signs. I don't really perceive death as the light going out of one's eyes, as if a soul has left. I simply see an organic process: enough cells die that the organism dies, and movement ceases.

Is this a soul? Evidence of an afterlife, or lack thereof? I have no fucking idea. Nobody can.

It's an experience. Or can be. Sometimes you'll get a BS research chemical instead of real LSD, sometimes "set and setting" just aren't conducive for a really profound trip. But sometimes it's amazing, it's as crystal clear and sober and peaceful (and cathartic) as reality gets. I've heard good things about shrooms too but haven't tried them myself.

It isn’t all predetermined 100%. There are mathematical probabilities that, with knowledge of all of the possible variables could make accurate predictions, but I would say there is still a marginal possibility of a different outcome.
At least that is what I choose to believe.

Like in what sence? Like how you can only predict the location of an election? If so then your wrong because just because something could be anywhere doesn't mean it is everywhere thus randomising everything. Superposition collapses once observed

Only 5% of the universe is measurable to us. The rest is dark matter and dark energy. We have no way to directly measure or sense either, and that's 95% of the universe.

There could be "dark matter" beings all around us. Maybe we're partly dark matter and when we die we're only dark matter.

TL;DR people watch you jack off

I have had a few thoughts about this, like maybe that's where paranormal stuff happens, not that I believe in it bit a lot of my family tell pretty fucked up stories, not jokingly either

And thats why thinking about all of this keeps me up so many nights. We just fully dont understand,or can explain what happens when there is that mass sensory overload from death,or a near dying experience.

Hopefully with more studying,we can figure it out. Interesting input though user........if you dont mind me asking,how hard is it seeing all that stuff as an ER nurse? Is it tough to bear with it all?

Im gonna look into that. My main thing is i dont want one of those crappy designer "acid: research drugs. Ive heard of scary shit happening during them,so i at least wanna know the shit im dropping will be pure if i do that.

If you havent done shrooms,id say go for it. Pick a few friends you are close with and plan a camping trip,and drop some in the forest. Words cannot describe how amazing you will feel. Once you get more comfortable,try candy flipping.

I guarantee you will see some SHIT and some SHIT accessories if you give it a shot.

Respect bruhv. Death is scary. I'd like there to be some unknowable answer/solution out there, but I can't bring myself to reasonably think that. We are not significant because we are alive- the universe is truly random. Nothing happens for a reason. We place ourselves at the center of this cosmic drama but the reality is we are no more significant than rocks or dust or Rick and Morty. We are a collection of atoms that has somehow become aware of itself- but maybe all of that is just an illusion anyhow (consciousness, sentience, the ego, the "me" in my head who knows I am me). It does seem bizarre to me, then, that there is anything at all for that matter. Why something instead of nothing? But again this can be answered with "there is something *because* there is something, and if there wasn't anything then you wouldn't be here to question why there is nothing".

>how hard is it seeing all that stuff as an ER nurse? Is it tough to bear with it all?

It usually doesn't bother me much, particularly with older people, or dumbasses who overdose. The way I see it is everyone dies; we will always roll the dice for you, but when you reach the end of your line it's just over for you. The universe deals out death with casual indifference.

The ones that bother me are younger people who die suddenly and unexpectedly. You're going about your day, you have plans, and then suddenly you're gone.

It does force you to face your own mortality. I make it a point to never part ways with loved ones on bad terms, because life can be snuffed out in an instant. Don't set yourself up to live with unresolvable regrets.

Exactly! Its like we're thrust into the centre of a chaotic,yet somehow organized,karmaic mind fuck of a reality......without any rhyme or reason beyond "well youre here and you arent that special,but you can make the most of it by living well."

I can only imagine. Especially with that happening to a younger person,it can definitely give you a harsh perspective on how cruel life can be. I should really try what you did...............there are definitely a lot of people i should make amends with,and life really is too short to have things left unresolved.