Evangelion

>There are people on this board who didn't watch Neon Genesis Evangelion and still claim to be red pilled

>pic semi related: a magical girl sacrificing herself (white altruism)

youtu.be/-TISVubPMeM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VFQRp6EP_JM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>dub

>anime

>Evangelion
Isn't that the dumb whore who was shilling for alt-right beta bux on YouTube?

Ikr, keep in mind Im trying to reach a wider audience.

A leafposter actually making a good first post?

>drakeposting

fuck off

That's Evalion.

/r9k/

whoa, thanks for the save

not clicking that shit

>he watched babby's first semi serious annimay

Congratulations.jpg

what should i watch if i want to start watching evangelion?
i dont know anything about it except they made lots of movies and shit, so i wouldn't know where to start without getting spoiled

Fuck off with your degenerate gay little cartoons for little girls you fucking faggot

>Hegel's Dialectic in a nutshell
>Hurr Durr /r9k/

I know reading is for faggots, Bob Burgerstains, but I have to kindly tell you to fuck off and go watch your Jewish TV broadcast if you don't get it.

You're welcome however to do your own research on the philosophical topics of the Anime and come back later.

The TV series first, then End of Evangelion. Everything else is a shitty cash grab and not worth watching

Don't waste your time, it's the typical kaijuu shit but with a convoluted Christcuck theme.

it has nothing to do with Christianity aside from appropriating some of its symbols

Start with the series (there are already blu ray versions out).

Then watch end of Evangelion.

The movies are just Alternative endings you can watch afterwards, some like it, sone don't.

But yeah basically watch the 26 or so episodes of the series which culminate into the grand finale "end of Evangelion".

>some

The conclusion to Eva's thesis is that understanding is futile, but interaction is beneficial.

It kind of goes against the whole idea of racial segregation and gassing the kikes.

And then after the gate is flung aside there is the ever present threat of discovering Macross.

well I doubt it took all of them

TV series then EoE, Death + Rebirth is optional. Don't skip the last two episodes of the TV series like some people will tell you to, these people are retarded. The Rebuilds are unfinished, probably optional, and the 2nd and especially 3rd ones rub a lot of people the wrong way.

That was basically Anno taking the piss, he's famous for saying shit like that as a joke. Not all of the symbolism is relevant, but there are actually moments where it is, especially in EoE.

Don't lie, heathen. If he doesn't watch it, he'll never watch EoE and truly understand why Shinji is to be congratulated.

>white altruism
Lol whut

Also what he said

Ten years ago was here. It wants you back.

>fruit of life and wisdom
>Adam and Eve
>Tree of life
>Holy Trinity
>Crown of Thorns (Kaworus necklace when he takes it from Shinji)
>Crucified Adam

Bad troll.

I'm not saying the symbolism is irrelevant, it definitely takes some tangential inspiration from Christian ideals, but it's never the focus

This guy gets it.

>anime
fuck off stupid neet shit no one cares. this is a politics board

Almost forgot, the English dub is really shitty, as a lot of people have pointed out. Whole lines are changed or poorly translated, and it's apparent that the translators didn't think about or realize the overarching impact of some of the lines. That's not even getting into the actual voice acting, which is particularly bad in EoE.

I know right?
The only one who's Altruistic is Homura

start with Neon Genesis Evangelion, then watch the movie End of Evangelion

you can find them both on nyaa.se

Serial experiments lain > evangelion

>Blu Ray Version came out this year
>It may get more people Interested into the series because it dispels the Argument of "old graphics"

Fuck off.

What does evangelion has to do with redpilling anyways?

And you dare post a madoka magica picture talking about evangelion?
Plen

>white altruism
>japanese girl
>white

Sure m8

Because there is only one best girl.

The argument is that there are better things to watch.

Madoka magika is average at best and its characters are shit

>eva
>madoka
Why not recommend Naruto while you're at it?

Implying there aren't political anime?

>Le knee jerk reaction
>Conveying philosphical Elements through Anime which also impact society and Individual thoughts as well as the question behind Unity/Separation of mankind is somehow not politics related.

Yet another Bob Burgerstains whose brain has been fried beyond repair by high Fructose corn syrup.

There has only been one smart American poster in this thread so far, I am disappoint.

Explain the philosophical elements :^)

Well observed, José, you got me there.

Here is the scene btw from Madoka for those Interested:

youtu.be/VFQRp6EP_JM

how old were you when this was on tv?
i was around 10 - 11 then
i didn't watch it because my brain couldn't process it. hunter x hunter was easier to digest.

That would make you underage
You have to be older than 18 to post here m8

You will find best girl one day, user

whatever, im better off watching pokemon anyway.
youre a cunt if you think hunter x hunter was shit

It's 2016 user not 2006

Bait.

If you are interested, go google Evageeks.

A lot of the scenes including the mythological, biblical and psychological Themes are explained in detail.

>evageeks
>a bunch of baseless fanwanking bullshit
Don't get me wrong. I like eva, but wew lad.

>If you are interested
I'm not, I think the series is overrated shit and its fanboys are pseudointellectuals that jerk themselves over some thrown in symbolism that "only they get", like with the emperor's new clothes - which is why I asked you to elaborate.

Thanks for affirming what I've seen on Sup Forums over and over and over again.

I'm just refering to the breakdown of the episodes which are genuinely well made.
I don't know about the other weeb Community stuff as I haven't checked it out.

Again, just stay on the relevant pages and you're good because I can confirm that they will enhance the experience you get out of the series.

Yes, I'm sorry you don't get it but that's cool.
Not everyone has to like it of course but there are still a lot of people who can appreciate the intricacies behind the series which ultimately lead you to seek out further information in the context of the various themes mentioned before.

It goes both ways though, a lot of those who hate the so called Fanboys have a case of "fox and the sour grapes" and are indeed salty due to "not getting it".

Homura did nothing wrong.

>I'm not, I think the series is overrated shit and its fanboys are pseudointellectuals that jerk themselves over some thrown in symbolism that "only they get"

and yet it's still one of the best animes, maybe the whole genre is lacking something.

>clicked video
>dubbed
>closed video

into the trash

>pseudointellectuals that jerk themselves over some thrown in symbolism that "only they get"
>"Yes, I'm sorry you don't get it"

Everytime.

Anime's message: honour, family, and virtues.

What is Hollywood's message? Nothing.

>A lot of the scenes including the mythological, biblical and psychological Themes are explained in detail.
>mythological, biblical

the writers themselves said they threw this shit in because it looked cool and added an air of mysticism but was ultimately meaningless.

Please, Homura was selfish af. Hopefully S2 ends the story once and for all and has more of pic related

But d-dude, the synergy!

>Yes, I'm sorry you don't get it but that's cool.
>Not everyone has to like it of course but there are still a lot of people who can appreciate the intricacies behind the series which ultimately lead you to seek out further information in the context of the various themes mentioned before.
>It goes both ways though, a lot of those who hate the so called Fanboys have a case of "fox and the sour grapes" and are indeed salty due to "not getting it".

>Implying I jerked myself anywhere in my comment

I literally gave you a lot of indicators in my previous comments on where you can look up further information in order to gain the same Insight.

2/10
Sour grapes or poor baiting confirmed.
Sorry Bud.

>I jerked myself anywhere
CONGRATULATIONS SHINJI

This is true. However, the Creator of the series Hideki Anno is known for "trolling" his audience.

Ultimately though, in an Interview he mentioned that he didn't want to go into too much explanation of the themes behind it because he wants every Individual to see his own Interpretation out of it.

He strongly believes in the subjective Interpretations of his art because it is the most raw and unbiased Evaluation of your values.
That's the reason why he doesn't want to announce how it should be Interpreted because it would remove a lot of the real essence of Evangelion.

Keep missing the point. I asked you personally to elaborate to prove my assertion about Evangelionfags.

Going all "no u" is cognitive dissonance as well, just so you know. Aesop certainly is a better storyteller than Anno and he only wrote shit that's half a page long :^)

Kek.

>he didn't want to go into too much explanation of the themes behind it because he wants every Individual to see his own Interpretation out of it.

Stopped there. I've heard this one way too much--it's the hallmark of the talentless modern """"""""artist""""""""

opinion discarded

Please tell me this is bait
please tell me this is bait
please tell me this is bait

>"I literally never read a book which leaves the reader to self interpretation of open endings."

Now I am counting at least three retarded Ameriburgers ITT.

I think I should create a thread and ask how many books the average American poster reads a month.

It is. I expected at least one such comment, I even spellchecked if I mistakenly wrote Evalion in the OP, lel.

>How can you ask me to explain my own work?
>What do you mean I just threw a bunch of random symbolism, psychobabble and technobabble into my "art" and cover my ass with "it's open to interpretation, you JUST DON'T GET IT REEEEEEE"

its a pretty straightforward story user. the depth comes from how the ideas are presented, not just what they are in what is otherwise a standard coming of age story

You're talking about 2deep4you artforms which do not apply here in this context, because the artforms in the series are a reference to, as mentioned before, historical, biblical, psychological and mythological concepts.
The point about subjective interpretation still stands, the leeway within the interpretation boundaries of the Anime is still quite limited, yet has many branches.

I know that what you are talking about is the general mindset of "Postmodern Art" as seen on those feminist Art Videos often posted here, but this doesn't apply here.

Try again.

Never watched it but once a friend sent me a clip to try to convince me watching it. Then I started watching the first episode and I just couldn't bear it.

Still, the scene he sent me was pretty cool. It was the main character short of melting (mentally) inside a robot screaming ENEMY, ENEMY, ENEMY

Does somebody has that clip?

>sub