What are your opinion on xiu xiu?

what are your opinion on xiu xiu?

I like some of their stuff but I think Jaime is an asshole.

This

Someone sent me that song “I love the valley ooohhh” back in high school. Beautiful af but too sad for me to want to listen to their other stuff.
Trade mental health for art appreciations? Miss me with that

Forget and Plays the Music of Twin Peaks are fantastic. Haven't heard their other stuff tho.

xiu xiu more like PEE YEW

Jaime is the saddest man alive

"A Promise" and "La Foret" are must-listens to anyone endeavoring into art-rock from the 00s (if you can even call Jaime's music art-rock)

why?

not bad but i feel like if i met them i wouldn't be able to stand them

good music for the most part but they seem pretentious

He seems like quite an angry person who harbours a great deal of hatred. I wish him well and hope God can forgive him.

anger is positive when directed at the right people

If I've listened to Forget, Twin Peaks, The Promise, and Fabulous Muscles and enjoyed The Promise and Forget the most, where should I go next for Xiu Xiu?

Knife Play and Angel Guts Red Classroom

I like them. Jamie seems like a nice guy.

Grow up user.

Knife Play then La Foret

This

t. 16 year old

The only album of theirs that I have loved front to back was Women As Lovers. Has a kinda fucked up cover of Under Pressure featuring Michael Gira if that sounds interesting to you.

It seems as if the anger directed in his music is towards social constructs and government institutions- he sings about homophobia and Fabulous Muscles is more political than most. I don't see what's wrong with anger if it inspires people to improve themselves.

CLAP BITCHES
CLAP BITCHES

i don't listen to them but a friend took me to their show for free so i decided to get him something from merch table to thank him

waited for 30 mins because the merch table was literally unguarded and anyone could take off with every single item and not face any consequences

finally an asian lady comes and i was a bit of an asshole to her and she apologized to me and gave the item i wanted for less

an hour later xiu xiu comes on stage and turns out the fucking asian lady is in the band

lmao

also, i got a free TRUMP RAPES CHILDREN sticker on their show, what the fuck

quints confirm

i wish my sister would bring me to shoe shoe concerts

>I wish him well and hope God can forgive him.
You should tell him that - it will probably make him angrier

That was definitely 2deep4me - really enjoyed the song up until that

Pretty sure he's had one fucked life. Especially childhood.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY CUNT WHY

fucking amazing

i stopped listening to him and his shitty godawful music since all those tweets againt trump. fucking libtard piece of shit.

you must not actually think their music is shitty

how could you honestly listen to xiu xiu and not already know what he would think about trump

t. nihilist fuck

Wow, nice quints post

WHY WHY WHY BITCH WHY WHY CUNT WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY CLAP BITCHES

10/10 post

lol

I recently learned that the name of the band is pronounced "shoe shoe" rather than "ze-oo ze-oo"

been listening to Josie's Past a lot recently. Not really sure why.

Cinthya's Unisex is their best music video btw

Why did he delete his tweet?

no his anger is SJW leftist asshole shit like this

Pretentious hipster shit. A bunch of vibrators buzzing for 25 minutes does not count as music, no matter how much your postmodern garbage mind thinks it is.

>66666
top kek v2

I am the friend mentioned in this post. Hello Adam.

>bunch of vibrators buzzing for 25 minutes does not count as music
that got me kek

Meh, I feel the same way T B H

i interviewed Jamie and he was the nicest person. originally it was gonna be a phone interview but i went to his concert and offered to meet up to chat over dinner. we had a great convo after the interview ended too

*he offered to chat over dinner, i meant

THESE WOUNDS WEREN'T MEANT TO HEAL

Isn't that a Linkin Park lyric?

no retard it's obviously from that one song by Muse

literal normie